Li-ning wingstorm vs windstorm 680

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by orochikid, Jun 27, 2012.

1. orochikid

orochikid New Member

student
    So i was recently in china, guangzhou to be exact and i purchased a wingstorm 680 from a li-shop. They gave me the racket's id card a long with a life time warranty. I bought it for around 80 usd at the time (February.) And so recently i had my friend hold on to my racket to get it strung and she fell in love with it. So now im helping her look for one for sell online after continuesly refusing to sell mine XD. So what ive found is both windstorm 680 and wingstorm 680. Mine says wingstorm, and there are a lot of legit sites selling both. I just want to know if one is fake or its just a different type or whatever.

2. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    The only windstorm i know is the n70

3. shahkiz

shahkiz Regular Member

Student
    the n70 is from the n-series..this windstorm and wingstorm are normal series..this is not the new version of n70...

4. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
  5. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

The difference between Windstorm and Wingstorm is as follows:

The N70, N77, and their respective second generation versions are part of the "Windstorm" subset of the N-series (along with the "Flame," "Woods," and "Rocks" subsets). The "regular" rackets such as the 680 that you are talking about are part of the racket series called "Wingstorm." I think one of the main unifying factors of the Wingstorm rackets is their light weight. Most stores are not aware of this difference, however, and just use them interchangeably.

On a side note, this should be the racket that you're looking for: http://badminton-nation.com/li-ning-wingstorm-680-aype030/

6. orochikid

orochikid New Member

student
    very very good. Tyvm

7. nickelpool

nickelpool Regular Member

Business Executives
    Hi, thanks for the info. I just bought a Li Ning Wingstorm 690 from a guy that got the racket as a gift. While inspecting the racket, I checked for the end of the grip (high quality with grip no attached as a small sticker), the grommets (they were straight and pretty constant in height, no slated ones), the grip (in original rubber, doesn't look cheap), the logos (the prints were not fuzzy and quite sharp), and lastly the red bag cover (good quality white prints, and two nice thick zippers). However, I am in shock after I discovered the the top head has the name 'Windstorm', and while the shaft is written as ' Wingstorm 690! Can someone please help if the racket is under the subset family of Windstorm or simply I have been duped!?Btw, as I bought this racket at S$70 (it's cheap for a Lining racket), there is no serial on it. Can someone pls clear my mind on this? Thanks.

8. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Very hard to read, but it looks like on here it also has Windstorm at the top and Wingstorm on the shaft. Incredibly confusing, but you should be fine. That's pretty cheap for the racket but given prices of rackets in Singapore and the low price of this racket already, you should be fine.

http://badminton-nation.com/li-ning-wingstorm-690-aype032/