Originally posted by wiers289
    What is a gf.
    Joop
    gf = girl friend.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2nd thought about "back to action".

The past 2 days, things getting weired.

Overall, the injury is still healing, and getting better. However, minor pain and soreness popping out here and there without any notice. Plus, 2 weired "cramping" (at least, feel like cramp, a little pain, tight) occured on my foot during sleeping time. The pain and stiffness came without any sign, and my foot can go back to normal within 1 min or so.

Don't know what kinda sign is that. Guess I will evaluation tomorrow morning, and make my final decision by then.
    Last edited by LazyBuddy; 09-12-2003 at 03:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by LazyBuddy
    gf = girl friend.
    After reading the thread I already imagined somekind of court suspension! Girl-friend sound a lot better. By the way, I hope your injury heals fast.
    Joop

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 1st day of action.

After carefully evaluated my foot this morning, I decided to skip the morning club, and only go to the late afternoon one.

After 4 hrs of drills and less competitive games (many breaks involve), I feel ok with my ankel at this moment. Had a little bit difficulty to speed up and cover effectly, but still satisfied. Overall, don't want to over push myself at this time.

Seems like a good sign of recovery, and hopefully be 100% next week.

Thanks for everyone's great help and wishes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's awsome LB, you'll be playing in no time.

In other news, I'll also be able to start playing again after my long-long break.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [Got a gf??? Nononon... I said that's a crazy thought from my buddies. Since not too many of them were there when I injuried, and most of them could never figure out a reason why crazy players like me could be out of action for 2 weeks, then, u know, rumors and guess started to pop out from nowhere. [/B]
    Poor LB, nobody to attend to your injured ankle and no baddy for the time being!

Unlike Cheung, whose got a wife to look after him when he is injured and at least he's got his chubby daughter to play with if he can't get to the courts for a game, you are missing something man!

So what's wrong with having a gf? And if you can get one who can play pretty good baddy at that, wow, it will be a real bonus!

Remember we do have fairy tale stories recounted through the BF Forum before and we look forward to reading one from you soon. Good Luck LB!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After 4 hrs of action last night, as expected, my foot is a little bit stiff and sore at this moment. Good thing is no more swelling.

Maybe i should continue wear sneakers but not hard leather shoes when I hang out with my friends this morning. The foot is a little bit pain and tired. Guess a hot shower and several more days of rest will do.

More action (10 hrs) coming in 6 more days.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Loh
    Poor LB, nobody to attend to your injured ankle and no baddy for the time being!

Unlike Cheung, whose got a wife to look after him when he is injured and at least he's got his chubby daughter to play with if he can't get to the courts for a game, you are missing something man!

So what's wrong with having a gf? And if you can get one who can play pretty good baddy at that, wow, it will be a real bonus!

Remember we do have fairy tale stories recounted through the BF Forum before and we look forward to reading one from you soon. Good Luck LB!
    Loh,

Thanks a lot for ur suggestion and wish. This really makes me feel like BC/BF is like a big family.

I never try to reject any possible "chance", but guess I just did not meet the right one at this moment. After my last relationship (2 yrs ago), I am still enjoying my "single life" right now. Of course, having a caring "mate" is surely sweet, but I definitely having more freedom.

Let's see, and when the "luck" will fall on me, and I will surely share that wonderful experience with ur guys here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomorrow, my usual 10 hrs sat is back on my calender again.

With all kinda treatment (hot steam, medicine wine, warm wrap, etc) during the week, I think the foot is better than last week. Still some sore here and there, but much less stiffness.

Just bought an ankel support, hope it's worth the $$$ I spent. A really stupid question, should I wear the support inside the socks, or outside of it. The support is those regular elastic wrap type ones.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

elatic one i wear inside the socks. it does get really smelly after one single session.

i see ppl wear the laced up one outside, also the plastic ones also outside (duh..)

don't go too hard on your ankle quite yet. just play normal and don't go for the real hard lunges...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wear elastic one outside of sock.

BTW, many orthopaedic surgeons think ankle support does not confer much protection.

However, I personally think it helps but not in the way people usually think. IMHO, wearing the ankle support helps my foot fit more snugly within the shoe. This makes the foot more stable leading twisting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, this is quick.

So, seems I can use it either inside or outside, depend on which one makes me more comfortable... Good. Personally, I prefer using it inside, since i am afraid if outside, it will be slippery against my shoes. Just a thought, could be wrong.

Yeah, I will take it easy, some less competitive games, drills, no hard landing or crazy twist.

Agree with Cheung, I just want to get more "secure" position in landing.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

actually it may depend on which type of elastic one. the polypropylene ones you may want to wear outside. that way your sock will absorb the sweat. the cloth ones you can wear inside.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So, seems I can use it either inside or outside, depend on which one makes me more comfortable...
    Remember to account for the thickness of the sock as well if you wear it outside. That might have bearing on the size of elastic grip you buy. i.e. small vs medium...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Finally, 10 hrs...

One more push this week, for usual 10 hrs.

Yesterday, resume my usual 10 hrs on saturday. Of course, taking many more breaks than usual, and try to avoid aggressive moves. The result is not too bad. The ankel and leg felt sore and tired, which I was fully expected. Need to give a little bit more to get it back to 100%, and work my way back to be "in shape".

Can freely move most of the time, but still kinda lack of speed. Still have to rely on partners a lot for more coverage, but much better than last weekend. Losing most of the games, but the scores came much more closer than last wkend as well. 2 games even went into deuce, and enjoyed the games a lot.

Hopefully, next 1 or 2 wks I can do my usual net games again, and get some jump smash back.

3 weeks already... felt like 3 yrs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lazybuddy.. hows ur ankle so far? I hope its already almost fully recoverd since u have already played. My ankle is almost recover as well. Have been playing regularly last week and i will be playing tomorrow as well. try to stretch the ankle before you play. I usually bandage my ankle. I dont really use the slip on ankle support. More stable for me and i can adjust it at the same time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast