User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ants
    Lazybuddy.. hows ur ankle so far? I hope its already almost fully recoverd since u have already played. My ankle is almost recover as well. Have been playing regularly last week and i will be playing tomorrow as well. try to stretch the ankle before you play. I usually bandage my ankle. I dont really use the slip on ankle support. More stable for me and i can adjust it at the same time.
    Hey, thanks for the advice and warm wish. Feel very good that u can dig out this old thread, and bring the warm feeling to my heart.

Played another 10 hrs today, felt good. More improvement from last week, can do more "twisting", running, and jumping again. Of course, damn crazy ones still try to avoid. I think it should be 85% recovered. Just still a little bit sore and kinda getting tired easier than usual.

Feel good about being able to perform to a reasonable standard on court. Moving forward should be no problem, but moving backward still lack of confidence sometimes. But I think that's more like a mental issue rather than physical problem. I do use ankel support, and do some warm up before drills. Hope these coudl help me a lot.

Best wish for ur ankel and all ur future success in badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure mate..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Hi LB

Glad to learn that your ankle is recovering.

Did you say you played 10 hours of badminton in a day! You must be very fit and how on earth can you book a place for 10 hours and with someone to play with you all this while? They must be baddy fanatics just like you.

I think some of the more regular world-class players are now suffering from mental and physical fatigue juding from their performance a the recent world tournaments. Not a few have to withdraw, the latest casualty being Chen Hong who conceded his match to Wong Choong Hann after losing the first game at the Denmark Open because of an elbow injury. Of course Xia has yet to recover fully from his calf injury after his hard-fought game with Ong Ewe Hock. Some other players are smart enough not to participate in all the tourneys to save themselves from injury and loss of form.
    Last edited by Loh; 09-28-2003 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Loh
    Hi LB

Glad to learn that your ankle is recovering.

Did you say you played 10 hours of badminton in a day! You must be very fit and how on earth can you book a place for 10 hours and with someone to play with you all this while? They must be baddy fanatics just like you.

Loh,

Thanks for all the encouragement. I took more breaks than usual these past 2 weeks, and aiming for a long run, rather than 1-min "braveness".

There are not any 10 hr clubs. Instead, I go to 2 clubs on each sat. I usually leave home around 7:50am, take my mom to work, pick up a friend, then, went to the gym. The 1st club starts between 9-9:30am, and ends around 3-3:30pm. Then, took a fast lunch, and drove 25 miles back to the 2nd club. Play from 6-10, then, walking home on sore legs.

Tiring but wonderful saturdays. Help a lot for my endurance training.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After playing with usual weekend schedule (10-14 hrs from Fri to Sat), seems that my ankel passed the test.

Generally, I can run, jump without over worry too much. Only when I played for long, the right foot (injuried one) tend to be getting sore and tired much easily than the left one. Usually, I will take a break, and put on some medicine cream right away. Once I can feel the hot feeling, I will take another 10 min, and resume playing.

Life is short, play more...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4