Cons to using a tennis bag for badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by gundamzaku, Jun 29, 2012.

1. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    everyone,
    i've been searching for a badminton bag that's large enough to fit at least 9 rackets yet able to maintain the shape of the bag and not slouch/sag. so far i have not been successful. recently i got back into tennis and found a large 9 racket(tennis) bag from Babolat and the shell of the bag is really really stiff. it's so stiff that even without stuffing it, it was able to maintain the shape of the bag and allow me to observe visually, the volume of the bag. now the babolat bag has a thermal layer and i live in California, so i doubt i'll need that. besides my rackets being too warm in the summer sitting in the babolat bag, are there anything else i should watch out for that might harm my rackets? the reason is that i can't afford to replace rackets all the time, so i would like to treat them the best i could. any comments would be great appreciated!:)

2. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

i think the bag being stiffer and holding shape is actually great! and the thermal lining may help keep the rackets at a decent temperature in places like cali ( born there, i know the heat :) )
    the only thing i like doing is keeping the rackets in their covers so they dont bump and scratch each other while in the bag

3. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Get a cloth bag for each racket to prevent them from scratches.

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @gundamzaku

Would you mind to post up a picture of your tennis bag?

Actually, if you want to buy large badminton bag for 9 rackets & yet still able to maintain its shape, as i only use Yonex bag so far, i could recommend you buying any Yonex 9 Racket bag as long as they are JP coded. Material used in JP bag is different than those SP bag, however the price is higher by quite a wide margin. I am also in the middle of consideration of buying Babolat Aero 12 Rackets bag which is endorsed by Rafa, the price is cheaper than Yonex JP bag, however since i could not inspect it in my local retailer, i could not know how solid it is. By right, Tennis bag should be more solid than Badminton bag, since tennis racket is heavier. If it is not as solid as Yonex JP bag, i will not buy it.

For taking a good care of your rackets, if the number of them is not so many, you could use single racket covers for preventing them bumping up with each other & making scratches. If your racket is quite a lot, you could use cloth bag, since it is thinner, yet still able to prevent those scratches. Additionally, a cheaper alternative would be, using plastic . When you buy racket, you will get a single racket bag with the racket inside the bag covered up with plastic, that plastic could be used. if you do not get the plastic , you could ask your frequently visit badminton store to ask for it, if they are nice enough, you could get it for free...:)

#4 Licin, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  5. gundamzaku

working professional
    i have a yonex bag that holds 9-12, but it won't hold its shape. but i will take your advice and look into the JP coded bags when i go to Hong Kong in the fall. as far as the Babolat bag, it's the 9 racket limited edition bag with all the Babolat endorsed players' signatures printed on it. it is quite awesome that even if i carry the bag in any way it will still hold its shape. i guess if there's not bad side to using the Babolat bag i'll just go get another but for my badminton rackets instead. here is the link to the Babolat bag: http://www.racketsupply.com/babolatpuredriver12racketbag.aspx.

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @gundamzaku Finally, i am able to inspect several tennis bag, which are several types of Wilson & Babolat. I am really sure that tennis bag is indeed really solid, it could be compared to Yonex JP Bag. Additionally, Forza badminton bag is quite solid as well, it is more solid than Yonex SP bag, for sure. It is a cheaper alternative for those of us who do not want to buy Yonex JP bag & Tennis bag, but still want a bag which still maintain its shape. Furthermore, i have also being informed that Lining & Victor is quite solid as well.

7. Badderz_Alpha

Badderz_Alpha Regular Member

Yes, the Forza bags are in fact nice and solid and durable... have you seen the DK Denamrk 12 piece version coming soon ??

VaryImageSize?height=450&width=450&path=%u00252FContent%2FUploads%2FItemImages%2Fcca38ee3-8806-4.jpg

8. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I have not seen anything like that..It really resembles Denmark National Flag & very eye catching with a good combination of white and red.
    What Forza needs to do is to get more sponsored Professional Athletes in order to get more brand awareness in this competitive badminton world...

9. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    The colour of the forza bag look like a Li Ning bad without the yellow colour.

10. Alapongtai

Alapongtai Regular Member

i use a head tennis 6pack bag right now... and i dont see any cons yet.
    i like the fact that the shoe compartment is on the side, not on the bottom.
    having it on the bottom is very annoying to me... it sticks out when youre trying to put in rackets and such.
    also, badminton bags (mine is li-ning 6pack which i am not using) tend to be quite small...i have to struggle to get my rackets in there as opposed to tennis bags where i can just slide em right through.
    and this head tennis bag has 5 compartments total whereas the lining one only has 2.
    all in all, id use a tennis bag. its bigger.
    id buy a 9 racket bag though if i could lol

11. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Hahaha.. I am wondering how big 12 Tennis racket bag will be...

12. Alapongtai

prob too big...those are for people that have 10+ tennis rackets lol
    and considering 2-3 baddy rackets = 1 tennis racket...can fit to 30 rackets almost

13. Acumen

Acumen Regular Member

I'm using Wilson k factor Pro Tour super 9 tennis bag. Buying it bcos solid to maintain the shape and have the thermal protection.

Got mositure guard also, but i dont think i need it.

Thermal site use for racket, moisture site for shirt, pant, towel and middle non protection use to store shuttle n shoe.

14. gundamzaku

working professional
    i do have 10+ tennis rackets, that's why i have the 9 racket babolat bag. it's working very well with badminton stuff and the bag is rugged as heck, so i think i'm gonna buy another babolat 9 racket bag for badminton and be done with the whole bag issue for me :)

15. Alapongtai

good idea. babolat bags are quality stuff from what i hear

16. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yes... It was a good idea, please post a picture here, if you don't mind :D

17. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    I only have 4 racquet but for future investment surely I want to get these bag