Arcsaber 10 - which string?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by MuRRe, Jun 30, 2012.

1. MuRRe

MuRRe Regular Member

Student
    Bought an Arcsaber 10 couple of years ago.
    After playing more lately I'm wondering when
    1. It's time to get a new string
    2. Which one to get
    3. How much tension
    4. How much to pay for it, both the string itself and the service.

Thanks in advance

2. khenglc

khenglc Regular Member

auditor
    Err... NBG98 strung at 25 or 26?

RM35 for the string?

3. MuRRe

MuRRe Regular Member

Student
    I went for the BG80.
    Now, I called the guy who is gonna do it, and I was surprised when he said he des 8kg standard and think that's a good all round tension.

Now, I'm intermediate (at best), would 24-25 be too much?

4. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

8Kg is standard? Are you sure the guy is going to string your racket is a professional stringer?
    9Kg is the very minimum, imho. Even for beginners, the bouncing effect of low tensions is not recommendable.

I'm also intermediate only and I'm playing 10,5Kg. 9,5Kg to 10,5Kg should be okay. Try with 10kg? :)

Btw: NBG98, BG80, VS850 are the strings i've tried on Arc10PG. All strings were nice. VS850 is still good, which is a wonder after 4 months.

5. MuRRe

MuRRe Regular Member

Student
    Well, the guy is used by the only tennis/badminton place that you can play in, in the city I live.
    So, if he is bad there is A LOT of people running around with badly stringed rackets.

Is there anyway to check if it has been done good afterwards?

6. APB Stringers

APB Stringers Regular Member

Professional Stringer
    I have a post on choosing the right tension for strings and a few reviews over on my website, http://www.apbstringers.co.uk just follow the link to my blog and it should be on there :)

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    if you had the string as long as you've had your arc10, it's def time to get new strings.

you really gotta try out different tension to find what's right for you, when it comes to equipment it's really subjective. sure, there's a minimum and maximum value on some of the equipment, but within it there's a wide range of selection. i would recommend not going any lower than 20 or 21 or else it's just feels like you're hitting with a trampoline.

regarding strings i would suggest you using a basic bg65 or nbg95. see if you like the durability and playability. then move to a different string depending on what you think is lacking. you want more touch, thinner string like bg66 and the likes, more power, bg80 and similar. it's more important to get the basic feel then compare the differences as you go along.

strings cost(in USD) as low as 6 bux to as high as 14 bux depending on how new it is and how high the demand is in the market. a string job will cost you anywhere from 12-15 bux. if you have a friend who has a stringer, they might be willing to do it for free or in exchange for a cup of pearl tea :) hope this helps.