Victor or Yonex retailers for US shopper

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Glacyus, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Glacyus

Glacyus Regular Member

My birthday is coming up, and my wife is willing to buy me some new badminton shoes! My old yonexes are really beat up, but they were great shoes.

We are hoping to stay under $90 or so. What complicates things is that we live on the East Coat in USA, and are forced to buy online. Also I wear size 11, which complicates finding anything decent in stock. I have normal width feet.
    I have seen good reviews for the Victor 8500 and 8600, and the 9000, though that's more than likely out of our price range. I assume the Yonex 102 and older 101 are also good? But of course I am open to any brand as long as it is a good shoe.

Does anybody know an online store that carries some of these shoes, and an order would not add up to a fortune after shipping? I have seen recommendations for RKEP, and that they may be able to procure a wide range of badminton products, but the shipping would be $25 to the US. As another example mybadmintonstore.com only carries the Yonex 102 up to a size 10.5, and does not carry Victor shoes at all.

2. observer

observer Regular Member

Hi Sir,

Why dont you try Asics Gel Rocket/Gel Blade?
    I believe it should falls within your budget.

3. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    racket supply has a very nice stock of victor items but the 8500 and up are 90 and above after tax, the 8000s are still very nice along with many others on the site.

4. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

You can buy it from Badminton Avenue. Over $100 is free shipping, they should have your size in 9000's, and you shouldn't have to pay sales tax since you're not in-state. Just make sure you know your size.

5. Glacyus

Glacyus Regular Member

Thank you for those suggestions. Racket supply has only a couple shoes in my size. Badminton Avenue does indeed have more. How do Victor shoe sizes run when compared to Yonex? Yonex seems pretty true to size, correct?

6. Glacyus

Glacyus Regular Member

And unfortunately neither of the stores have the 9000 in size 11 :(

7. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    Try li ning website. They have everything 30% off plus free shipping within US. Check it out!

8. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Unfortunately, this is completely irrelevant to the thread. BMNT doesn't even have shoes (yet).

9. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    Badminton avenue actually gets their supplies from racket supply. The only other way I can think of getting the 9000s is buying to from Eric over at RKEP.