Used Aerotus 100 for $100

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by gundamzaku, Jul 3, 2012.

1. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    it's been used of course, no cracks and a few usual chips but it's playable from what i could tell, is it worth it?

2. yeeah

yeeah Regular Member

The Aerotus line is probably been obsolete for least 10 years. I started with an Aerotus 70 about 18-19 years ago. I got a pair of Aerotus 110 a few years later. I just sold my pair of Aerotus 110 (g2u2) at my garage sale for $10 each. I enjoy(ed) my Aerotus 70 much more. It was lighter (still u3) and more evenly balanced. If you want it you can have it for $10 + shipping :) Standard wear and tear for a racket that has been used for 8 years and sitting idle for almost 10 after. Re-strung about 2 years ago with BG80@20lbs. Yes, I paid more for restringing than what I am asking for it. BTW, I paid $219+taxes CAD for this at the time. My dad paid about 600 HKD each for the Aerotus 110s at the time.

So my answer to you is buried somewhere between the lines in my response above. Browse the used section here to find some good deals rackets.

Cheers.

3. gundamzaku

working professional
    i was given an aerotus 70 but had a crack so that racket is gone. still have the last one available which was the aerotus 44. i believe all of them are close to 2u in weight. but if you know how to ship a racket properly i'll buy it from you. and i guess the aerotus 100 is not worth 100 bux usd. i was going to pay 80 for it if the store was willing to negotiate, but i called today and they said they can't do anything about the price because it was a private seller and they won't even call the seller just to ask.

4. tecdecs

tecdecs Regular Member

high schooler
    aerotus 100 is the only egg shape racket still made by yonex to this day only made in japan i believe $100 would be pretty good if you like that shape of racket and depends if theres a lot of dents or not which you ll have to see yourself

5. h0119147

h0119147 New Member

Banker
  6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the one in RS? i saw it. looks like good condition. but not sure if it worth $100. it probably around that price when new.

7. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

I paid $200 CAD in early 90s for the Aerotus 100 so new price is more than $100 for sure. High end racket price has been $200+ and have not changed for past 20 years...
    On the other hand, me being an old dinosaur, I have also moved on to Isometric shape head (sold my 2 Aerotus to collectors) for the past 6 years and have not looked back. Not sure why someone still want an Aerotus other than sentimental reason. And if thats the reason, price is irrelevant.

8. gundamzaku

working professional
    yea i saw the same one, it was at 150 a few years ago :(

9. gundamzaku

working professional

when i bought the iso800tour when it was top of the line for yonex, it was 980HKD, which is about 130USD only. i don't remember high end rackets being over 200 but maybe i bought mine when it's already on sale :p

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    HK prices are much lower than US/Canada prices.

the racket was still there couple of months ago. i wonder if the owner still remember it is there!

11. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

Yep, basically 30% cheaper in HK compare to North America. A current top of the line Yonex in Canada is $250 (Arc11, ZTF2, etc)
    Includes strings.