ARC10 Premium~smash problem

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by james601, Jul 5, 2012.

1. james601

james601 Regular Member

student
    hi, bro...i had faced problem in using this racket in smash~
    the racket strung with BG80~26LBS~
    i dun know whether i cant capture the rigth timing or other problem,
    when i smash, the feeling is not same as i use yy z-force and kason f9~
    the smash is no power no speed, jzr got the downward shape~

is it the problem in string? or myself?
    i play 3 to 4 times ady~still cant get a satisfied smash~

2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Yes. I recently bought an AS10PG and found the same problem. The reason I found, is because the sweetspot is lower and smaller than usual. You do need to make adjustments with your timing to use it properly. The smaller sweetspot also means that off-centre shots are not very forgiving.

If you retune your timing so that you aim to hit the shuttle slightly lower, say an inch lower than you usually do on the stringbed, you should find that it will play a lot better. Once you've gotten used to the racquet it does smash well and feels ok.

However, having said that, I still don't like this racquet. Comparing it with it's sister, the 8DX, the 10 feels hollow, undependable and difficult to use. It's stiff enough but it doesn't have any strong attributes that would make it an outstanding racquet other than the fact that a lot of professionals use it. That is the only contradicting fact that I cannot understand. In my view the AS10 is not a particularly good racquet in any area, despite it being considered an "all rounder".

3. james601

james601 Regular Member

student
    Like what you said, other than professional, i thk i cant drive it very well..i will try some times with it, if really cant play well, i will sell it ady.

4. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

ArcSabers are even balanced rackets, therefore you don't get the smash power you get from an head-heavy Voltric. Pretty easy, they are different rackets. AS10 is therefor quicker than Voltrics e.g.in net play and defense.
    AS10 is a very good racket, as you said, a good allrounder. But it doesn't have the power of a Voltric, that's true!

5. james601

james601 Regular Member

student
    eeven balance~

but when i use kason f9, it is also even balance racket..
    when smash, it is not like arc10~it is more powerful than arc10

6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Very true, it's down to how well you are able to use the racquet. The MP100 is an even balanced racquet and is one of the most powerful racquets I have.

7. james601

james601 Regular Member

student
    thx sir, i will try it~

8. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

I personally think Arc 10 is a typical "Jack of all trades, master of none". While good in all aspects, it doesn't particularly excel in any area.

The smash power is definitely less than a VTZF. Heck, it is even less than my MX80. To me, unfortunately the "flexiness" and "stickiness" of Arc 10 take away the explosive feel of a hard smash. F9 is a very forgiving racquet and its power is quite easy to tap, however Arc10 does not play as friendly. Maybe that's where the problem was?

9. james601

james601 Regular Member

student
    i thk so

ya la..i thk i will let it go if i still got that very bad mood feeling~

10. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    to be honest, its the player that makes the difference, not the racket... i have recently purchased a couple of the arc 10s again (had them a few years ago, using the z slash for the last year and a half) and although it isnt a racket that excels in any department, it definitely is good allround.
    the larger isometric head in comparison with the z slash is definitely a bonus now that i have changed, however, with particular shots, the z slash is better when given the time and timing, but to gain that sort of consistency was alot of hard work, especially when you reach to a higher advance level. this is the only reason i changed.
    saying that, choosing a racket that feels comfortable is always gonna be the base to the start of enjoyment, however, although i know its hard, think less about the racket and just focus on improving. good luck with your decision

11. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Try NBG98. BG80 doesn't work on this racket.

12. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Thanks CarbonexFan for the suggestion. I have recently purchased Arc10 Premium. BG80 is out of stock at that time, & they only have NBG98 in white color, that is why i took NBG98 by accident, as i like to have white color string on my racket. I will report back my findings. I will also try to restring my Arc10 Red & Arc10Pr with NBG98 as well later on, for comparison purposes, once this NBG98 on my Arc10PR lost its tension.

I have used Arc10 Red with BG80 many times already. As others have said, it is a very good all around racket, it is indeed the character of Arc 10. For me it is a racket which will give you a very comfortable feeling of handling & executing every shots. It is still powerful although not as powerful as 900P, VT80, & VTZF though. In my opinion, we need a racket which we are comfortable and able to execute decent shots with it in any given positions. We will not nor have the opportunities to hammer down every shuttle given to us, right?

13. james601

james601 Regular Member

student
    ya, i replace the string with bg85~it is not same as bg80~all in my expectation~
    this become a good racket for me ady

14. khenglc

khenglc Regular Member

auditor
    great to hear now you using well Arc10.

I bought Arc10 premium with Bg80 starting, well, not a good racket for smash but however, It is fast and response speed is incomparable by other rackets.

It serve the purpose as most of the game i play are doubles. Additionally, it does not hurt your wrist, ankle/ hand after days and hour of play.

Nonetheless, i bought another Arc10 PG strung at NG98. i feel that this string do serve Arc10 well.
    Most of the time i using Arc10PG but starting of the game, will be using Arc10 premium.
    After few games, change to Arc10 PG ;p

Nice rackets for most player i think, not just professional player.

Voltric Z Force good for smash? maybe, but if dont master the racket well, net play and middle court play will be a threat.

Hopefully you could enjoy arc10 like myself. have a great time with your Arc10, just dont give up on it.

You will love it by the time go by....

15. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    to me, arcs10 is over-rated. i used mine with my fav string nbg98 but it still feel kinda 'numb'. mayb tats wat yonex call 'control'.

16. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    OMG I hate the Arc10. If you can get power out of your VT ZF but not the Arc10, just sell the damn thing. Adjusting to both rackets will mess you up! I know some people swear by the Arc10 and they are absolute monsters, but at the same time they can't use the VT ZF.

17. bourne007

bourne007 Regular Member

previously own a arc10 red until it clash with other and broke on the frame, its my favourite that time. feels nice and the control is very good for me, eventhough the sweetspot is kind of small but i still manage to get the exact shot most of the time to my predicted position. very different with my ti10, kind of lack of the control feeling, just thinking on attacking will do the works...

18. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I think if you can't get along with a racquet within the first 2-3 sessions of playing then you ought to move on. Either sell it or keep it in the cupboard if you're a collector like me! :)

A racquet should suit the bearer's game, not the other way round.

19. james601

james601 Regular Member

student
    nxt time, i will change the string to nanogy95/98~
    i want to become a player that play control~

20. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I don't think nanogy 95/98 are particularly aimed for control. I think zymax is better in that area.