Asics or Mizuno??

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by AhLunn, Jul 5, 2012.

1. AhLunn

AhLunn Regular Member

I have a pair of Asics shoe . Saw these 2 words Speva and Solyte at the shoe. Not sure what model is that. I already wore it for 2 years. But still havent spoiled. I decided to change a new shoe because my Asics look very dirty.

Need help here. What should I get for my next shoe?? Asics or Mizuno? Which one is better?

2. aznttr

aznttr New Member

Having worked in an athletic shoe store for many years, I feel that I can provide a bit of advice.

Speva is Asics old gel cushioning material and Solyte is the new one. Solyte as the name indicates is a bit lighter and from my person experience is about the same in cushioning performance. Mizuno uses a "wave" technology that's supposed to transfer the energy throughout the shoe to act as the cushioning. The Mizuno's will be lighter than Asics. However, it comes down to personal preference and comfort. I've found that Mizuno for myself does not provide enough cushioning (as I have a heavy step) and that Asics design typically fits my arch and foot shape better.

Hope that helps. Cheers!

3. zamrioo2

zamrioo2 Regular Member

technician
    i just got mizuno wave twister in the same time friend of mine got asics gel rocket. cushioning wise i wud say asics win against mizuno. but mizuno give more stability than asics. asics feel like too much flex on the foot which i think tendency of getting foot injury is higher than mizuno.