Good Balanced Racquet

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by shaun, Apr 2, 2001.

1. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Whats a good balanced racquet (in terms of weight distrubution), thats good for defense and is pretty decent for smashing as well?
    Right now i am using an Iso300 and I want to get another racquet as a back up that performs similarily. The reason why i am not getting another iso300 is because i want to try something different. If the iso300 suits this racquet description best then i will stick with it...but i am thinkg about Cab23 for a power racquet...what do u think?
    What other stuff can i consider? Thanx

2. BaMBaM

BaMBaM Guest

Ever thought of making your ISO 300 a backup? If you get the Cab 23, it may might as well be your primary racquet. Of course you have to get use to its heavy head and stiffness first. Why not consider another racquet with an ISO head?

3. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Yes i want to consider another racquet with an iso head...and i find it hard to get used to a stiff shaft for defensive purposes...cab 23 as a primary sounds like a very good idea though...any other suggestions?

4. BaMBaM

BaMBaM Guest

It will all depend on how much money you want to spend. If you want to get a good ISO but w/o a stiff shaft then how about a TI SP or ISO SP 900 or 500 in SR or SA flex, or Ti-7 (still stiff but not as stiff as Ti-10) . I am asumming you only want a Yonex.

5. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    How about AB900 or AB800?
    I used to have an AB900 but i returned it cos i needed $$

6. BaMBaM

BaMBaM Guest

AB900 is good, its not ISO. You'd probably use this more though than your ISO300

7. Terence

Terence Guest

hi,
    i suggest cab 21will be splendid when comes to good smashimg and defense.
    well,never think of that?

8. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Geez Shaun, you and Byro change your mind about racquets like one of my ex-girlfriends changed her mind about which outfit to wear on a weekend night.

9. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Yes i am very indecisive brett haha.
    but i just want a good primary racquet...the iso isnt that good for power, its more of a controll instrument...and i need something more powerful for singles. Terence, i cant get the cab21 cheap where i live, but i can get the cab23 cheap...i'm considering that...as for the ab900, its a turn off cos airblade cant take high tensions. And when I can get a cab23 for less than an ab900, i'd much rather go for the 23...what else is there to consider?

10. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Just how high of a tension are you looking to string a racquet? All of Carlton's Airblade series from the AB 600 up, including the AB 900, can take up to 30lbs. of tension.

The Cab 23 would be one of my top choices for another racquet also, but wouldn't you be better off with another iso headed racquet to compliment your Iso 300 on days when you want more power? Perhaps you could be a guinea pig for one of the newer Hi-Qua models?

BTW, did you read Mag's new review of the AB 900? Pretty impressive - I can't wait to for Carlton to ship me my new one.

11. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    heh i used to have ab 900...i just heard that ab's in general cant take high tensions cos the frame is hollow.
    I will be a ginnea pig to try out hiqua racquets. I will get one soon...dunno which one tho...i will most likely get an ISO frame since i'm KIND of used to that(not entirely heh heh).
    I like iso much better now that i've used it for a week or so.

12. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Get the HQ 3500. At some point in the future I am inclined to give one a try. It is the prettiest racquet I've ever seen - hopefully its feel and performance match its looks.

13. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    As Brett said, the Airblades do take very high tensions. Carlton even recommends stringing some models up to 40 lbs. And yes, the frames are hollow, but so are Yonex frames. I think that's how all badminton frames are constructed these days.

Besides, you play with plastic shuttles, don't you Shaun? Why are you even thinking about high tensions?

14. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Mag

Whats wrong with high tensions for plastic shuttles?
    anyway i'll be using featheres when i can..i'll buy feather ones as soon as i destroy these mavis 300s "]