Intermediate is looking for a new Racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Mannheimer, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Mannheimer

Mannheimer Regular Member

Student
    Hi to all Fans of Badminton,

my name is Chris, I am 23 years old and come from Germany.
    I am new to this forum and I introduced myself a few hours ago.

As you can read in the title I am searching a new Racket.
    Currently I am playing a Babolat Satelite Nitro with Ashway ZyMax 67 at a tension of 9,5kg (21lbs). I also have a Carlton Vapour Trail Viper (BG 80, 10,5kg string tension) but I like the Babolat much more.
    Both rackets are balanced but different in stiffness. The Carlton is a bit wobbly while the Babolat is stiffer. However the manufactorers label them as medium flex.

Most of the time I play singles but also doubles if the occasion arise.

A week ago I played a stiff and headheavy Yonex Amortec 900 Power and I loved it. The smashpower increases nearly to 150% according to the Babolat. One must consider that the racket was strung with a higher tension(24lbs) but the same string (Ashway ZyMax 67).
    I just hit some balls and didn't really play a serious game.

Now I am a bit confused. Should I go for the AT900P, should I stay with my Satelite Nitro or should I buy another racket? Maybe somthing like the Arcsaber 10 or the Voltric 80 or so on.

Please let me know what you think about it and if a new racquet would be worth it.
    How would you rate the Babolat Satelite Nitro according to the better Yonex racquets?

Best regards,
    Chris

PS: Is it called "racket" or "racquet"?
    PSS: This is my first English-speaking forum so please correct me if you find spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. Thanks!

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Is it called "racket" or "racquet"?
    Yes, either/both :)

As for rackets, the best thing to do is to try a few and see how you get on. I 'discovered' that tennistown.de will allow you to test some rackets if you can't borrow any from local stringer/friends.

3. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    I've found the AT900P a very useful racket, though a little lacking on the defense side due to the stiffness and head-heaviness.

I've also got a few rackets reviewed on my blog if you're interested in reading.

http://everythinggoeshere.blogspot.sg/

It's a hobby of mine to try out different types of rackets and write about how they have performed for me. Feel free to comment, and hope you find a dream racket soon!

4. Mannheimer

Student
    Do you really think that the Vapour Trail Vanquish is better than the Arcsaber 10 and the Amortec 900P and as good as the Voltric 80?

5. Mannheimer

Student
    Do you really think that the Vapour Trail Vanquish is better than the Arcsaber 10 and the Amortec 900P and as good as the Voltric 80?

6. amleto

amleto Regular Member

7. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
  8. amleto

amleto Regular Member

both work for me now.