User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pohleong View Post
    Bought a nanoray 800 on impulse.
    My first session with the new toy wasn't too good.
    Whilst it is definitely a superior control racket and gives me the confidence to direct the shuttle to anywhere I want on the court, its lack of smashing power is concerning.
    Anyone else tried this racket and help me resolve this problem of lack of smashing power?
    I will keep playing with it still......
    Look like it is not the right racket for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been playing with NS9900 and SW37 both with YY ngy 98 @ 24lbs.
    My NR800 also has the same setup with ngy 98 @ 24lbs.....

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^^ What's your previous racket and string? And what string is on the NR800 now?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pohleong View Post
    I have been playing with NS9900 and SW37 both with YY ngy 98 @ 24lbs.My NR800 also has the same setup with ngy 98 @ 24lbs.....
    I assume all of them 3U? So it would seem that NR800 is quite similar to NR700, ie chiefly for front and midcourt plays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My NS9900 is 3U but SW37 is 4U. Despite 4U, it bags a lot of power.
    NR800 is more a control racket. I think it just needs a particular style of play to harness its unique qualities.....

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I assume all of them 3U? So it would seem that NR800 is quite similar to NR700, ie chiefly for front and midcourt plays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is interesting to see all the different reviews on the racquet...thanks everyone. Given the product description by YY, i am suprised no one even commented on its ability around the net (drops, interceptions, net kills). I would imagine drives and net attacks should be strong points of this racquet, and not smashes. So, you like to the be the power guy in the back, this will not be the racquet for you. But i am wondering any reviews from front doubles players? Cheers

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Kind of silly in the first place to expect a 4U to be similar to a 3U isn't it? (by NS9900 player)
    Not saying anything about the power, but it is a different racket. Just don't expect it to be a NS9900 replacement as some of you already find out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drrwong View Post
    It is interesting to see all the different reviews on the racquet...thanks everyone.
    not much different opinions. common words as of now, it is no good.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rather find that it's an excellent racket. It has more power than the NR700s while keeping the maneuverability and incredible defense.

Some people don't like it because they can't smash like with an AT700 with it, which is normal...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not only at700. it cant smash like ns9900 or ns9000 either.

wonder ns8000 play similary. nvr play with it before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting to see a few YY sponsored players switched to Nanoray 800 in the French Open. Besides the Denmark ladies doubles pair, Bodin (Thailand mens doubles player) switched also. Bodin typically is the power guy in the back for his team, and his smashes with this "powerless" racquet are still quite threatening for his opponents. BTW, they came in 2nd for the tournament...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drrwong View Post
    Interesting to see a few YY sponsored players switched to Nanoray 800 in the French Open. Besides the Denmark ladies doubles pair, Bodin (Thailand mens doubles player) switched also. Bodin typically is the power guy in the back for his team, and his smashes with this "powerless" racquet are still quite threatening for his opponents. BTW, they came in 2nd for the tournament...
    haha... compare bodin's smash with his nr800 here vs his vtzf earlier this year when they won the india open... huge difference!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha...i knew that was coming. At the end, it is probably not fair to compare the best smashing racquet in YY lineup vs. another racquet that is designed for drives/net play on the basis of smash power alone. All i was trying to highlight is that Nanoray 800 is not as weak/useless as many are saying here.
    Who knows, i might side with the other reviewers after i try the racquet--i have it strung and will be playing with it either tonight or tomorrow.
    Disclaimer: my regular racquet is the BS9, so might not be a high bar for NR800 to surpass in terms of smash power...lol

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ Looking forward to your review.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just strung my new NR800 3UG4 with BG80 @ 25/27 #s. Only get to try it out next Wednesday. Got the NR700RP earlier this year but didn't like it at all, so sold it. Favourite is still the VT ZF strung with BG66 Maxima @ 26/28 #s. We'll see come Wednesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, just finished playing 3hrs of badminton, alternating between my trusty BS9 and the new NR800. My NR800 is 3UG5, strung with UM66 at 26lbs.
    Looking at the racquet, the shape of the head is almost identical to the BS9, and the shaft is shorter than the BS9. The NR800 has the new grommet pattern like the MX80 (ie: more grommets than BS9). Finally, the shaft is definitely stiffer than the BS9.
    Playing impression: very fast racquet given its light head balance. It is even faster than the BS9, which is not an easy task to accomplish. The racquet has good feel and very accurate placements. Also, the stiff shaft gives it very quick repulsion. Given those attributes, the racquet excels at the net--interceptions, net kills, net drops. Drives are decent also, but just inline with the BS9 (so maybe not king of drives...lol). Smash defense are very good. My only compliant is when you try to return when you are of position--because of the stiff shaft and light head, it is tough to generate power in those lifts off a smash. From the back, the drops are easy to do and accurate. However, smashing power is tough to harness. Unlike some of the previous reviewers, i do not have an issue with the angle of my smashes (ie: pressing down), but the power is disappointing. I almost gave up until the last 30mins or so, as i found out (through trial and error) that smashing with a short explosive stroke (using fingers, wrist and forearm) produce decent (not excellent) results. What i mean is using the "newer" smashing techniques of the pros today--limited followthrough (to waist level, and not crossing to the other side of the body).
    Net-net: like the BS9, this racquets favor a front loving, doubles player. I would say the BS9 is easier to use and more versatile, whereas the NR800 is more specialized for front and mid court play. I will keep trying the racquet for now, as our coach just taught has the "newer" smash technique, so this racquet will help my practice it (and let me know if i am not doing it right, as it will produce crappy power otherwise...lol).
    Hope this helps. Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yonex NanoRay 800

What happened to the thread about NR800? I can't find it anymore. I know the NR800 took some heat in the reviews, but still, no need to remove it all together.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

why did the thread take heat? what happened? i was going to ask the same thing, what happened to th nr800 thread?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast