Shoes Durability

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by davlee, Jul 10, 2012.

1. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Hi all...

Currently I am wearing a Fleet badminton shoes and it lasted me about 18 months... The sole is starting to rip from the top. Hence, am thinking to get a new pair and would like to know how are the durability of the badminton shoes offered in the market. I have a friend having an asics and he said he has been wearing it for the past 10 years. If Asics is really that durable, then it is really a worthy bargain considering the price vs. durability...

Can you all share what shoes you are wearing or having and their durability?

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Mizuno is very durable. But it's kinda heavy and hard (ie, not soft).

Mizuno is cheaper than Asics.

3. CanadianBadmint

CanadianBadmint Regular Member

Student
    My yonex and victor shoes lasted a great deal longer than my friends' asics and mizunos. Although, I personally think if you treat (almost) any shoe well, it will last long.

4. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Yupe, I would agree to the point about treating it well but like my case, it is the glue that is not lasting.

5. TimothyHsu

TimothyHsu Regular Member

high schooler
    I had some Victor shoes that lasted me for a bit longer than a year. I never wore it off court and cleaned it at least once a month.

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    How do u clean it?

7. CanadianBadmint

CanadianBadmint Regular Member

Student
    I maintain my shoes by taking them out of my badminton bag as soon as I can to let the sweat dry off. Keeping your shoe dry and free of dampness is key to maintaining the materials' structural strength. I also wipe my shoe off with a damp cloth every few days and I occasionally spray a disinfectant inside my shoe.

8. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    I have been doing about the same thing... taking out of the bad as soon as I reached home, never wear it for other activity or places except badminton court. Except that I never wipe or clean the exterior. I guess it is quite safe to say that normal life span for a badminton shoes will be about 1 year plus and hardly can get like 4 - 5 years or more??

9. chiaki

chiaki Regular Member

Education
    I do the same thing as you, last for 1 year plus too. yonex models

10. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Actually i never maintain my badminton shoes at all....i wear it off courts to and fro home...so far the mizunos i used can last almost 1yr+ till i get sick of it...hahah....seriously, not to say i'm wasteful or wat, but if a badminton shoe u wear like 3hrs for 2days a week....having wear it 1yr+, i think its already getting the value back.....personally i also change my normal outdoor shoes frequently and i seldom use it as much as a badminton shoe somemore...hahah...but i normally dun buy those super highend shoes that cost SGD$150 and above....the most i'll spend, is probably $100

11. jacoblewis2008

jacoblewis2008 Regular Member

Durability is depend on your use, and the care also.

12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Everything over 1 year is not possible if you play 1-2 times per week or more. 10 years holy crap.:eek: Maybe if you play one session per month. ;)
    It depends on how long you play per session and how much you run.
    I tried the Blade III and it lasted nearly one year. But I'm pretty cheap. I buy only one pair, if I notice no cushion anymore. That's not the right way.
    I heard as often you play per week as much pairs of shoes you need per year.
    I noticed no difference between my Asics and my Victor in terms of durability.

13. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Wearing my Yonex models for round about 10 Month - maximum 1 year.
    (Yonex SHB 86 EX).
    Playing 2-3 times a week and tournaments (min. 1 per month) or league games on the weekends (from september till march).

14. StefanDO

StefanDO Regular Member

PhD student (Neuropsychology)
    Well, I've been playing 4 times a week on average, and my Yonex Power Cushion 101 Men / Limited lasted about 2 years each. I guess it depends how much stress you put on your shoes. I'd expect them to last shorter if you play more singles than doubles. And, just a theory, bad footwork (e.g. bad angles in your knee and thus foot area when you lunge to the net) may also shorten shoes' life expectancy.

15. alanwong76

alanwong76 Regular Member

Interior Deco
    I never wear my badminton on the road, only on the badminton hall and court... i play 3 times per week, the first high end badminton shoe for me was Yonex SHB-92mx, it last around 11 month with 2 time changed with the Fleet gel insole. the look at the 92MX is still very nice and the shoe bottom like new... but too bad the Yonex SHB insole is expansive, so my second pair of badminton shoe... i bought Nike court shoe for a try... the insole was awesome... it is more comfort than Yonex SHB badminton shoe... till now is has been 3 months.. and the shoe looks new... and now i have a back up - Victor sh9000ACE-D waiting to be try....

16. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

i...use..shb92mx yellow since early 2011...n still wearing it...

17. Nightbird

Nightbird Regular Member

Victor SH9000's..Definitely one of the top shoes I have ever come across..As many have suggested ways to take care of the shoes, one aspect that you shouldn't forget is use proper and good insoles..But, past 4 years,even though a shoe may look ok,there will be unseen wear and tear happening.So change them within a decent time frame and depending on use offcourse.

18. protossrulus

protossrulus Regular Member

Electronic Engineer/Software
    :( the most lasting badminton shoes i had lasted for almost 6 months. Now this new one just show sign of damage after 9days (played for like 7 session, 2 hour non stop per session). Anymore suggestion on how to keep the shoes durable? or how to pick a durable one, anyone?

19. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    What brand is it?

20. orberen

orberen Regular Member

My Victor ACE9000 only lasted me only about 6 months and now the sole on the left foot is completely worn and torn from all lunging it had to deal with. Though I do practice 4-5 times a week and play 2-3 times a week, So considering how much use they got they lasted quite a while.