For Bad Swingers and Smashers...

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by CozyCal, Jul 13, 2012.

1. CozyCal

CozyCal New Member

Hi everyone...
    I would like to ask for a Yonex Badminton Racket
    My skill is kind of like between intermediate and professional..
    But im in trouble with my strokes like clears and smashes..
    I dont mean my strokes are weak and bad
    but my arm is kinda big and heavy cuz im fat... :(
    so when i clear or smash...
    i cant power enough at my will
    I dont mean i dont have enough power like i said my strokes are not bad...
    so im kinda confused with the rackets that i want to use
    Im willing to spend around 150 us$ to 230 or may be 240..
    or may b if u guys can tell me around 100$ or may b 60 or 80$ rackets
    So to come down to the point...
    i want a good stroke and a smash..
    so i thought about for expensive..arc z-slash or arc 10
    or may b nano speed 9900???
    i cant think really good....
    soo plz help me out...
    i beg u guys :D
    cuz our country is not really well informed in badminton rackets and stuff..

Thank u all!!!

2. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

I would say get a decent racket that you're very happy with and practice more.Technique, strength, endurance, flexibility, touch, timing and so much more can be improved and they will make a bigger difference than a new racket would. In my personal opinion, type of string and the string tension will make a bigger difference than a new racket. But that's only my opinion. Ultimately it's down to more practice to perfect your strokes.Good luck.

3. CozyCal

CozyCal New Member

thx soo much ckyew! :)
    yes..like u said..i need pratice more
    but also i would like to get the racket that im comfortable with...
    thats all :D
    if u can tell me one...plz do...thx again :D

4. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

Ok then, my personal favourite is the Arcsaber 10. It's not got a department that it's owns everyone in but it's good at everything as well. An all rounder. Its got adequate power, good touch, very fast manouverabilty, decent defence, pinpoint accuracy and not stupidly stiff as well. But then again, racket choice is a very personal thing. Just like a car, it depends on a whole lot of aspects to be able to make your choice. Good luck.

5. CozyCal

CozyCal New Member

thx again...
    umm like i said...i have a heavy arm soo i can swing well enough...
    but i can produce enough power..
    so....
    if i go for rackets like nano ray....
    it would be difficult i think...
    cuz nano ray is way too much light weight(but still fast)
    so what abut voltric?
    will that be too much heavy for me??
    and what abut nano speed 9900...
    plz tell me more if u could!
    thx again :)

6. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

I can't really tell. I personally loved head heavy rackets. Ive practically gone through an entire range of top end Yonex range and for Voltric, I personally loved how quick yet powerful the Voltric 70 was. It was slightly too head light for my liking but it was really easy to play. But saying that , I currently am also using a Voltric z-force which I also love it's absolutely power and the awesome feel when hit a power shot.

Nanoray, I had an extensive date with the Nanoray 700FX and I love it as well, it is so easy to use. It's like one of the most user friendly racket. It won't be able to generate as much power as other rackets but I don't think it lags behind too much. It's all down to how you play the shot. With a flexible shaft, sudden changes in shuttle direction and deception was a joy to execute during rallies.

Armotecs, the 900P was a firm favourite a few years back. A solid feel with a very steady racket face. You have absolutely confidence in your power shots as they felt really solid and crisp. I didn't suffer in defence as many people would say and loved how it handled itself in long rally games. 900T was a slightly faster version of the P but also with a slightly lighter head. A totally different feel but nonetheless a legend in its own. 700 was an absolutely beast, I didnt really like the 2nd generation as it was too heavy for my liking, raw power was amazing but my game suffered in other areas. 1st gen was not too bad but it had a hollow feel for me which I didnt prefer.

Arcsabers, it all started with the 7, then the 10, then the 9, then then Z-slash then back to the 10. Had every single one of them. Loved them to bits and now still stuck with the 10.

I made a decision a while back to stop changing rackets because I feel it may make me play better. I decided to choose the hard way of training harder and playing harder. That has absolutely changed my game. So I do quite understand where you're coming from as I was in the same position previously. Many people has had this experience as well.

So take your pick and train hard. Thats all I can help. (if this comes out all bunched up and not in paragraphs, it's not my fault. I'm typing this on a mobile device and it's all paragraphed nicely on my screen.)

Good luck.

#6 ckyew, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  7. CozyCal

CozyCal New Member

WOW! ur amazing my friend..to own all the racket types and know the information so well :)( i kinda admire u :D)
    yup...
    like u said....my country is suck!!! :( (btw its called Myanmar...a small country from asia near to thailand.
    i thank u soo much for the information...
    i still have to decide to the rackets..cuz my budget is not soo good that i have to choose the right one....
    so again this is the last time im asking u...(cuz i think ur busy typing by a ph)
    i told u the information abut my strokes and stuff so plz tell me the best racket for me as u could think for me the best...and also...if u know abut the information..i would like u to tell me abut the lower prize rackets that suits for me....

Thank u soo much for ur information....
    Urs Badminton Fri :)

8. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

Ha..... I used to own them.. Now i've only got Arcsaber 10s and Voltric Z-Force, the rest have all been passed to happy new owners.

if you insist on recommendation of a new racket, what racket are you using now? string setup? budget wise how much?

9. CozyCal

CozyCal New Member

well...the real pblm is the budget...so if its possible...i want more low prize about around 60 to 80
    but as long as the best im willing to afford the bigs...
    right now im using a low prize carbonex2...which i know is pretty old version...
    thats why i want to up grade my racket...
    and i would like the best swing and the best stroke like i told u...
    so thanks again my fri.... :)

10. CozyCal

CozyCal New Member

Well..Im about to log out my fri...so i beg u to reply my post asap and also my facebook page is (Calvin Kaungkyawsann) so u can check me out there or post there....
    C u soon my fri....

11. cyberangle208

cyberangle208 Regular Member

Medical Technologist
    Rather then buying a new racket... try mastering ur carbonex as carb is one balance racket and confirm u can be better in any racket once u get use to it. Try changing the string to VS850 26LB... it will be perfect.

and if u still insist ... try getting a ti-5 or if u have somemore budget get a ti-10... it cost lower then a arc-10 and z-frz

i would recommend victor LYD though... if u saved enough... its fast and have quite some power... if u can swing faster u definitely can provide more power :D

12. John JY Wong

John JY Wong Regular Member

Businessman
    If you must insist on getting a new racquet, I agree with cyberangle: Ti5 or Ti10. Yonex strings : BG66UM @ 26lbs ... And if u play doubles regularly, BG80 at 24lbs.(I am assuming you are a high intermediate player). If you don't like the Ti5 or Ti10, try the Voltric 5.

13. CozyCal

CozyCal New Member

Thanks To all of u guys :)

14. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

You do realise it was midnight when I last replied.

But anyways, good recommendations from the guys above^^. Try that..

15. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Try to use a thinner string and dont string it high