Delimma (older racquet outdated?)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jickman, Jul 13, 2012.

1. jickman

jickman Regular Member

student
    Hi everyone, i need your expert opinion. So as of right now, im face between the decision of AT700 (2gen) and AT900P. I kind of want the AT 700 2gen first is cheaper ($160 + strings) , but i have a feeling its a relatively older model ( less advance lol), i should just get the newer model which is AT900P ($180). I read alot of review, I just want one that can be well suited for my place but also as a uni student at a cheaper side; Or should i just get the newer model since the price gap is not too big. I'm a more offensive, and really like dropping shots and semi net play. What do you guys recommend? haha thanks.

2. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Get the new model:D

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Knowing that racquets tend to have a finite lifetime coupled with your status as a student, there is an alternative.

Buy a mid-range model racquet but get three or four of them knowing that those racquets are there to survive the university years. You'll get more mileage out of them.

Once you graduate and get a job, you can treat yourself to the newest and greatest model that 'improves' your game.