Looking for a new racket!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Swimmingly, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Swimmingly

Swimmingly New Member

None
    Hey guys! I'm looking for a new racket as I've been using my Ashaway Titianium Power 990 for some time now, and I realised that it is not the preferred racket for me(received it from cousin).
    I've been playing for 5 months now, playing weekly and I would consider myself at medium-intermediate level. I play both Singles and Doubles, mostly doubles.
    When playing doubles, I'm usually the front-man and do occasional smashes. In Singles, I rely on placement on the shuttles to gain most of my points - more of a control type.
    I would prefer a racket with a faster swing speed and also able to deliver a powerful/decent smash - A hybrid racket, in a sense(For both Singles and Doubles).
    Fitness wise, I feel that I would only be able to handle either a 3U or 4U racket.:(
    I'm currently looking at Victor and Li-Ning brands, although other brand recommended would be added to my list too!
    My budget is around SGD200.
    If any more details are needed, I would be happy to provide them!

2. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

Hmm you seem the same type of player as me. I would recommend the brave sword series as the rackets are very fast which is ideal at the net and for defence. It also gives a decent power for when you're in the back court.
    stiff: bs10
    mid stiff: bs11/09
    I believe 12 is the most headlight out of the Bs series
    I haven't tried the 15 yet, so I can't comment on that

If you're looking for a hybrid racket, I'd like to also recommend the Mx series. I think the Meteors have the balance between speed and power :eek:
    if you can handle x-stiff: mx80
    Not a big fan of mx70 so might be a bit bias.
    mid stiff: mx60

Not too sure about Li-Ning, sorry!

Hope this helps!

3. Swimmingly

Swimmingly New Member

None
    Thanks JukUx! This actually helped a lot, and I've decided to get the bs12 after reading the reviews on BC. :)

4. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

Nice! Hope you like it! :)