How to decrease the tension of my racket

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by stevenp, Jul 16, 2012.

1. stevenp

stevenp Regular Member

I got 2 Z force, one is 3u & the other is 4u

4UG4
    BG66UM
    28/29 lbs

3UG4
    NBG 99
    29/30 lbs

Before I'm using 24/26 on both of them, I love it so much.
    Last week I restring it to above spec. Nightmare had happened. Both of them are very hard to control, expecially on the 3U, I can't transfer the power throw the shuttle.
    Any one can teach me how to decrease 1 to 2 lbs of tension without CUT it?

2. stevenp

stevenp Regular Member

How to decrease the tension of my string

I got 2 Z force, one is 3u,the other is 4u. 4UG4 with BG66UM at 28/29 lbs and 3UG4 with NBG 99 at 29/30 lbs. Before this, I'm using 24/26 on both of them, I love it so much. Last week I restring it to above spec. Nightmare had happened. Both of them are very hard to control, expecially on the 3U, I can't transfer the power throw the shuttle. Any one can teach me how to decrease 1 to 2 lbs of tension without CUT it?

#2 stevenp, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
  3. stevenp

stevenp Regular Member

Wrong post ...sorry.

4. APB Stringers

APB Stringers Regular Member

Professional Stringer
    Not sure you can apart from keep hitting it on your hand or something soft, but that is not a very exact way of doing it. The strings will lose tension quite quickly anyway but at least 1lbs in the first week of playing.

www.apbstringers.co.uk

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Bg66um will easily lose 2-3 lbs after several weeks. But if you want to lose more tension, you can always hit it hard on a medium round object that's hard but not too hard. Like a round wooden bedpost about 2-3 inches wide. Just make sure you don't accidentally hit the frame!

But if you still don't get to the lower tension that you want, then you'll have to cut and restring. Treat it as a lesson learnt to not go up in tension so much. ;)

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    well increase in 4lbs is not a whole lot if you have good mechanics in your swing, but you will feel or see the differences in particular your power shots. really nothing you can do if you just got it strung, i usually just hit clears until i'm tired, that'll take a bit of the tension away, but only time will decrease the tension for sure. but if you're strung at 29/30 and you're waiting for it to drop 4lbs, by the time you lose those 4lbs, the strings are probably not good anymore.