User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Ti10 vs. MP77

  1. #1
    jo
    Guest

    Default Ti10 vs. MP77

    i recently tried a Ti10 2U and compared it to my MP77 2U. i know most will say Ti10 has more smashing power, but i noticed that the mp77 has more 'clearing' power. by that, i mean that i was able to clear(backhand or forehand) much easier with my mp77, compared to the ti10. the difference was quite noticeable. the mp77 is strung at 22lbs, and the ti10 was with bg65 at 22lbs. i'm wondering if any of you agree with what i observed.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ti10 vs. MP77

    I Dont.

    I think The ti 10 is "The racket" adn i think most would agree with me. I would say that Mp 77 as an allround racket is better than the Mp 100 but by all means the Mp77 could just be a decent replacemnt of the Ti 10.

    Nothing can step into the shoes of Ti 10 in the yonex range.

    I cant commnet abt other models.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    CHINA
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default both ti10 and mp77 are nice:)

    I have both ti10 and mp77. I think both of them are nice. Ti10 has strong attack power, many people have said that the shaft of ti10 is hard, but i think it is not hard but flexible. Because of this, ti10 is good at both control and attack. But ti10 is a little heavy, so you must have enough strength to handle it. In my opinion ti10 is suitable for people in single game.

    Compare with ti10, MP77 has a more soft shaft. So you can use it in double game.

    Now, I am using ti10( 26/24lbs) in single game, and MP77(27/25lbs) in double game.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default My experience

    I would say that both are fairly close in terms of power and control. The differences really comes down to:

    Frame shape: Ti 10 is a bit more "Isometric" with a slightly larger sweetspot. the MP77 has a slightly more narrow shape, that seems to concentrate the power.

    Muscle power frame: Ti 10 only has muscle power frame on the top half, whereas MP77 has a full muscle power frame. I think that the complete muscle power frame will hold string tension higher for longer time, though not everyone will agree.

    Balance: MP77 feels slightly more head heavy than Ti 10. even though MP77 has the words "even-balance" on the shaft. So Ti 10 is better for quick doubles play.

    I'd rate the Ti 10 as 10/10 and MP77 has 9.5/10, either racket will be a fine weapon.

    One question: is there Yonex racket suitable for replacing MP77, other than Ti 10?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Montreal (514)
    Posts
    1,229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8Two

    One question: is there Yonex racket suitable for replacing MP77, other than Ti 10?
    Wasn't Ti-10 there before MP77? I think its the other way around no?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually, where I live, Ti 10 is readily available whereas MP77 is not. Indeed, the MP series came after the Ti series.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brave_Turtle
    Wasn't Ti-10 there before MP77? I think its the other way around no?

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    CHINA
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default May be.....

    MP99 I think..........


    Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8Two
    I would say that both are fairly close in terms of power and control. The differences really comes down to:

    Frame shape: Ti 10 is a bit more "Isometric" with a slightly larger sweetspot. the MP77 has a slightly more narrow shape, that seems to concentrate the power.

    Muscle power frame: Ti 10 only has muscle power frame on the top half, whereas MP77 has a full muscle power frame. I think that the complete muscle power frame will hold string tension higher for longer time, though not everyone will agree.

    Balance: MP77 feels slightly more head heavy than Ti 10. even though MP77 has the words "even-balance" on the shaft. So Ti 10 is better for quick doubles play.

    I'd rate the Ti 10 as 10/10 and MP77 has 9.5/10, either racket will be a fine weapon.

    One question: is there Yonex racket suitable for replacing MP77, other than Ti 10?

Similar Threads

  1. 2U Ti10 trade with 3U Ti10 or Ti8
    By gjz24 in forum Market Place
    Replies: 2
    : 07-14-2005, 08:19 PM
  2. Ti10 n MP77 - Which is better?
    By ALI in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 45
    : 04-21-2005, 08:07 AM
  3. trading MP77 for Ti10 (singapore only)
    By pistarchio in forum Market Place
    Replies: 10
    : 03-20-2005, 12:17 AM
  4. ti10 long, mp100 and mp77
    By albert in forum Market Place
    Replies: 2
    : 11-18-2001, 12:34 PM
  5. MP77 Vs Ti10 & AS1
    By Joe in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 5
    : 07-20-2001, 07:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •