User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    that's a really good point... who is Michelle Li playing in the first round? WYH...
    Haha! I'd like to see the reactions on the officials and WYH's face when they have to shake hands with Michelle pre and post game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol! I joke you not, I was walking around my house with a pair of gloves on to make sure I didn't pass it on as you are contagious for a little while after symptoms clear up.

I'm sure the doctors are on top of it though...probably

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Haha! I'd like to see the reactions on the officials and WYH's face when they have to shake hands with Michelle pre and post game.
    In this case, it's advisable to alter the rule a bit to allow as an option the Thai-style distant greeting (holding two closing palms in the middle of the chest... amithaba), it's much safer than the usual handshake (which can be virally contagious!!)

The last thing we all wanna witness is any Olympian fails to perform (properly) because of any unfortunate sudden sickness!! Anyone incl. athlete may fall into sickness but not at this very moment during the Games!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kelana View Post
    In this case, it's advisable to alter the rule a bit to allow as an option the Thai-style distant greeting (holding two closing palms in the middle of the chest... amithaba), it's much safer than the usual handshake (which can be virally contagious!!)

The last thing we all wanna witness is any Olympian fails to perform (properly) because of any unfortunate sudden sickness!! Anyone incl. athlete may fall into sickness but not at this very moment during the Games!
    that thai amithaba greeting or japanese bow sounds perfect in this environment where health is at a premium

hmmm... i wonder how long a break the umpire can give to a player if mid match he/she has to answer an "urgent" nature's call to the potty?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Gastro, what gastro, say badminton squad

Now, our AUS team has moved into the Olympic Village. And they say that the meals at the village's food-court is great.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8504834

Gastro, what gastro, say badminton squad

ninemsn.com.au
    WED JUL 25 2012

They may have lost their lunches, but none of their edge, insist the three Australian badminton players struck down with gastro in pre-Olympics training last week.

Beijing Olympians Ross Smith, Glenn Warfe and debutant Renuga Veeran were confined to their beds after suffering food poisoning just two days into a week-long training camp in Derby, outside London.

But Smith, 27, says the trio are back to their fighting best, denying it will have any lingering effect on their London campaigns.

"We pretty much had 24 hours where we didn't do a hell of a lot, but after that we got fluids back into us and were back into training," he said on Tuesday, a week since their communal malaise.

"Our preparation has been as good as it would have been, so I've got no doubts we'll be fine."

Veeran agreed, although she confessed it was a bit of a downer in kicking off their London adventure.

"We were all excited and looking forward to the camp and it was a little hiccup.

"But it's been a pretty fast recovery.

"I don't feel like I'm going to get impacted by it - you never know - but fingers crossed."

The UK's health agency has identified norovirus as the culprit, but no word yet on the source.

Two members of the Canadian team, who were guests at the same Derby hotel, also fell ill and like the Aussies, missed one warm-up match while on camp.

Despite the scare, Veeran isn't taking any precautions now she's in the Olympic village, rating the food court its best feature.

Smith said it was the most finished village he's come across, after attending Beijing and the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne in 2006 and four years later in Delhi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being from derby, involved in the Olympics and knowing well the hotel they stayed at and the training centre i can say the place where the Australia and Canadian team stayed are not greatly thought of. In addition norovirus was confirmed which is easily caught and transmitted person to person so potentially they could have been unlucky and then passed among the training squads. Also team GB where never present the practice sessions were vs retired British players and some of team England (wallwork, mills) not involved in the olympics.

The hotel had nothing to do with the Olympics and is not an official holding camp, unlike where the athletes are staying now where i'm told from various players the food is excellent. LCW and LYD are very happy so i'd take it from them its good enough in london!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3