User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Flash pain near armpit/ Teres minor and major

Last week ( 8th oct) I was playing badminton with my group of friends, I smashed an overhead shot (scissor jump) and suddenly I feel a flash of pain, similar to muscle tear right under my armpit where it connects to your tricep and I wasn't be able to do a backhand clear or overhead clear/smash since but forehand is fine. I find it hard to do a pull up either as the pain keep coming back, but when I left my arm and not lifting it, it doesn't hurt.

So i was wondering if anyone else experience this kind of minor injury?

The red circle is where I feel the pain.

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 12.21.23 AM.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  22.1 KB

I was playing badminton for 4 months in Thailand (warm) and never been in any injury, recently I've been moving to the UK... I was wondering if the weather cause my muscle pain? (Court is very cold) and I've done very little warm up as in Thailand the weather is hot and I was already warm. Also my racket in Thailand was very light (Dunlop 85g smh) and here I just have a beginner racket.. could the racket be the cause? now i've been resting for 3 days since my last game and apply some diclofenac under my armpit but I can still feel a flash of pain, but very little.

I really really want to get back on the court please suggest some advice!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make sure you warm up properly, especially in the UK where most halls aren't heated. They get bloody cold. Do runs, jumps, shadow movements etc. with a shuttle warmup, I usually take 20-25 minutes just to get warmed up.

Make sure you have the correct shuttle speed too, Thailand shuttles are slower because it is much warmer. Usually 74-76, no? You want 78 at this time of year, and in a couple of months, 79. Slow shuttles mean you'll try to hit harder, and that'll attribute to injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry mate, it sounds like you'll never be able to play again.

kidding aside, give it a full week to rest, it seems like a nasty spot for an injury. If it still hurts after a week, probably see a doctor to get professional opinion. Hopefully this will make sure you always stretch and warm up before playing then stretch again after.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had this similar problem last year. All i did was resting 3 weeks, then started a little warm-up by playjng with junior level for like 2 months or so, then before i know it...the pain was completely gone. I believe somebody told me that i had torn some muscle due to excessive forces during smash. I would recommend NOT to do any push-ups, pull-ups, occasional swinging your arm, and NOT doing whatever Tarzan does on trees