String technique ....vertical strings move?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by dsmbooster, Jul 20, 2012.

1. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    recently I strung my racquets with different strings NG 98, VS850, 1rst Gen Zymax 67 on 3 different racquets, I notice the vertical strings move after smash shot? they were strung with ECP Victor machine 23x23lbs, at this tension the racquets don't deform. should I change the tension to 22x24 lb? like suggestion in the forum? in my opinion the vertical strings move because it lose, then we should increase the tension to keep it straight? but doing that would conflict with stringing rules, can some1 help?
    normally cross strings moved when string lose tension like 2-3 weeks after strung.
    thanks

2. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

The strings will move regardless of what tension it is strung at. If you strung them at 30+lbs and do a powerful slice shot or smash, they will still move.

Just move them back in place after the rally is over. Its not a big deal. Even the pros do it as well.

But just as a rule of thumb, the tighter the strings are, the harder it is to move with the same level of force.

3. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

as ckyew said, it will happen to new strings, and string movement will lessen as the tension goes up.

and it's no big deal. Just move it back and play on.

When the string gets old, notches between mains and crosses will form and string won't move much at all.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Also, more slippery (i.e. Ti, etc) type of string tend to move more as well.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

all very true... strings won't move as much with higher tension, notching from playing more, and rougher surface (eg. vs850)

6. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    currently I strung 23lbs vertical x 23 lbs cross on 6 points support, to eliminate vertical strings movement should I increase vertical strings to 1 or 2 lbs (24x23 or 25x23) ? if it doesn't change the shape of the frame?

7. visor

visor Regular Member

nah, just use whatever tension you're comfortable with

as you play a few hours with it, the strings will start to notch and won't move as much

in any case, strings that have moved don't have much effect on your shot... only psychological

8. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    For drop weight machine, you might want to increase the middle two main strings by 1 lb.

For crank machine, try to double or triple pull the middle two main strings at the preset reference tension.