User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: My Grip

  1. #1
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default My Grip

    Well, Lin Dan has a weird grip, as well as other players in the badminton
    Today, I thought I would like to sharing my new "creation" grip.
    Name:  CIMG3249.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  18.6 KBName:  CIMG3250.jpg
Views: 1779
Size:  27.6 KB
    Just to let you know, I only made this grip because I wanted to get rid of bits towel grips left over from previous grips used.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    644
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looks kind of funny. The red one seems to be a different towel or is it just the angle/light?

  3. #3
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post
    Looks kind of funny. The red one seems to be a different towel or is it just the angle/light?
    It is actually 3 towel grips but 2 pieces are yellow and 1 red
    but all are Yonex Towel grips...
    If thats what you mean

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,956
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post
    It is actually 3 towel grips but 2 pieces are yellow and 1 red
    but all are Yonex Towel grips...
    If thats what you mean
    It is quite a neat job, IMO. Resources have been fully utilized.

  5. #5
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    It is quite a neat job, IMO. Resources have been fully utilized.
    Yea, there is no point wasting towel grips.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    521
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good job... practicability is more important than aesthetic...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    121
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    great way to use the little bits of overgrip that are always left over. i always need to use tape on the back to hold the pieces together

  8. #8
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davlee View Post
    Good job... practicability is more important than aesthetic...
    Thanks, it looks better when you hold it.
    The top is yellow than the bottom is red.

  9. #9
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Fish View Post
    great way to use the little bits of overgrip that are always left over. i always need to use tape on the back to hold the pieces together
    I didn't want to be wasteful, it would be nice to see other grips like this.
    what kind of grip do you use ?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    121
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well i had to do it once with some wilson pro overgrips....not even noticeable.

    once my supergraps run out im going to be trying some gamma grips and probably tape the two together when im nearly out. nobody's going to care once they realize you're a serious, ecofriendly player!

  11. #11
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Fish View Post
    well i had to do it once with some wilson pro overgrips....not even noticeable.

    once my supergraps run out im going to be trying some gamma grips and probably tape the two together when im nearly out. nobody's going to care once they realize you're a serious, ecofriendly player!
    haha!
    I think I might start to use this style later when I have lots of spare towel grips.
    I will only use one type of grip, I won't mix it.
    it will be odd to have half towel grip, half super grap, it won't work well.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,452
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post
    Yea, there is no point wasting towel grips.
    haha, same with me, I keep some leftover from gripping my racket, and now 1 of my racket's grip has 2 colours, orange and red

  13. #13
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    haha, same with me, I keep some leftover from gripping my racket, and now 1 of my racket's grip has 2 colours, orange and red
    take some pictures!!!
    I think, I'm going to buy all the different colours of towel grips... (I hoped that made sense)
    I'm going to buy a yellow and blue Li-ning towel grip.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    : 11-04-2011, 12:21 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    : 02-20-2011, 05:31 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    : 09-17-2008, 12:50 AM
  4. Replies: 84
    : 11-22-2006, 04:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •