Gamma 5800 ELS or Gamma 6004 w/Wise 2086

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by mbvolunteers, Jul 21, 2012.

1. mbvolunteers

mbvolunteers Regular Member

I am debating whether to purchase the Gamma 5800 ELS or a Gamma 6004 w/Wise 2086. My budget is around the 2k range and these machines seemed to fit the bill, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Gamma 5800 ELS (I've read a lot of posts about the Gamma 6004 w/Wise 2086 and it seems like a great choice).
    Also if anyone knows of a store on the upper east coast (I live in Toronto, Ontario Canada)
    I'm currently considering to buy from http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catpage-STRMACHINES.html which is in bright and sunny California.

Any help would be appreciated :)

2. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    In my opinion, the only thing the 5800 has over the 6004 + WISE is that it looks better.

The 6004 has the switch action clamps (over the quick action clamps) which are much better and the 6004 mounting system is also better.

The 5800 might have some gem that I don't know about, but I would go for the 6004 + wise.

3. mbvolunteers

Alright thanks yan.v
    I'll make sure to upload a pic of the machine when I get it. :)

4. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

You should wait for other people's feedback just in case :p I've never talked to someone who owns a 5800. What I said earlier is what I can conclude from reading the machine features and from what I've heard.

Also, if you want to save on shipping and customs, you COULD ask a local store that sells Gamma stuff to buy it for you directly from Gamma. However, I think that the distributor for Canada sells for higher than the retail prices in USA. On the list I have, the 6004 is 1739.00$ :\

5. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Also, the distributor happens to be in Toronto.

RCS Racquet Sports
    300 Silver Springs Blvd, Toronto, ON, M1V 1S4 Tel: (416) 292-8333

Maybe you should give them a call.

6. mbvolunteers

Well funny story, I just e-mailed Tennis Warehouse and they said they don't ship stringing machines. I replied asking if they will ship the Wise 2086 (which I really hope they do).
    Yeah, I thought about asking a distributor to order it in so I'll definitely do a couple calls to the local tennis and badminton shops and see what comes up.

I've also been hunting on kijiji and I've found an eagnas machine, and a victor machine (only strings badminton rackets).

So I was thinking, maybe I'll buy them both, use the eagnas stand, and the victor machine, and change it from crank to the Wise. (Similar to kwun's old alpha/wise/eagnas machine)

Thanks for the help (y)
    Links:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...e-for-tennis-and-badminton-W0QQAdIdZ397746027

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...adminton-Stringing-Machine-W0QQAdIdZ390572021

7. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

You might have trouble adapting the Victor machine to the Eagnas stand. The result would also be of much worse quality. You should try to call RCS or a local dealer, and if you can't get anything from them, it would probably be worth it to make it ship near the border and cross the borders to go get it.

You could have it be shipped to a friends' house or postal box or something.

As for the Wise, you can order directly from Wise USA, and a the same price.
    http://tennishead.com/

8. mbvolunteers

Alright awesome news, the folks at ATS SPORTS in Pittsburgh said they do ship to Canada.

So I think I'm going to go down the path of the WISE and Gamma 6004 since the overall price (even with shipping) will still be less than than the 5800 machine.

Links:
    http://www.atssports.com/index.cfm

9. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Why have I not thought about it, I have ordered from there before!

I think you'll be enjoying the 6004 + Wise combo more than you would have enjoyed the 5800 :)

10. Alexccs

Alexccs Regular Member

Stringer ES8protech
    You should check this out Alpha Ghost for US$2495. Very solid machine.

11. mbvolunteers

Oh wow, that is a pretty machine.
    I've already got my gamma/wise combo, and its great too! (Deff. not as pretty... *stares*)