User Tag List

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by cooler
    i will get in vancouver very early saturday morning and departing on next monday evening. I'd be pretty loose and free, i dont have anything commited yet.
    I'm tied up Saturday morning and afternoon, but you remember the way to the VRC. Usually with the junior and senior equal priority with only 3 free courts, the waits can be quite long, but give ample time to chat.

If you want more play time after the Saturday night (if Kwun and Janet don't have as much energy as us oldies) we could get some more playing Sunday with our annual group Viver and WWC maybe. I'm available Sunday morning and afternoon if WWC and Viver want to set up something at Clearone. Maybe some of the other BF'ers who can't make it Saturday would like to try that arrangement as well.

Since you are leaving Monday evening, I could also arrange my meetings on Monday to the afternoon and we could go to the VRC on Monday morning. There's a small group there that are good players and can give a tough game.

Cheez... this makes me sound like I play badminton every day...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by badrad
    Cheez... this makes me sound like I play badminton every day...
    What, badrad? You don't?!

A practical question for me is how the non-VRC members would be able to get in. As in physically getting into VRC. Somehow I have this impression that VRC's doors are locked, and you either need a key to get in, or you need to press a buzzer to get someone from the office to let you in.

-Rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The entrance to VRC is always locked and requires a member's key to get in. In the evening after everyone in the office and proshop leaves it can be quite difficult getting in by using the buzzer. The buzzer doesn't ring everywhere in the club, only in the office, proshop, and within earshot of the entrance. So guests showing up late will have to rely on luck of someone walking through the front foyer. I suggest the guests setup a meeting time with a member. If guests show up at all different times it will be difficult for both guests and members.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gee, skipping Seattle while you're here, even though Vancouver has better badminton (especially facility wise, I almost kissed the floor the first time I was
    at VRC) and food. We do have a place to play on Saturday from 2 pm to 5+pm
    (close to Seatac airport) and it's generally not crowded. You're welcome to stop by,
    play badminton at Seattle from 2 to 5, and drive to Vancouver (border crossing
    line will definitely be shorter at this time) for dinner and play the rest of the
    night/morning at VRC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by clinton
    Gee, skipping Seattle while you're here, even though Vancouver has better badminton (especially facility wise, I almost kissed the floor the first time I was
    at VRC) and food. We do have a place to play on Saturday from 2 pm to 5+pm
    (close to Seatac airport) and it's generally not crowded. You're welcome to stop by,
    play badminton at Seattle from 2 to 5, and drive to Vancouver (border crossing
    line will definitely be shorter at this time) for dinner and play the rest of the
    night/morning at VRC.
    Hey Clinton! It really sounds like you need to catch and carpool with Kwun up to Vancouver and get in on the fun as well! The more the merrier!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Clinton! It really sounds like you need to catch and carpool with Kwun up to Vancouver and get in on the fun as well! The more the merrier!
    Yeah, that's a great idea. Catch a ride and book a room in the same hotel & get a ride back too on Monday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want more play time after the Saturday night (if Kwun and Janet don't have as much energy as us oldies) we could get some more playing Sunday with our annual group Viver and WWC maybe. I'm available Sunday morning and afternoon if WWC and Viver want to set up something at Clearone. Maybe some of the other BF'ers who can't make it Saturday would like to try that arrangement as well.
    Unfortunately I don't think the family is going to be happy with me if I spend Saturday evening and Sunday morning/afternoon playing baddy after spending most of the week away from home

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Winex West Can
    Unfortunately I don't think the family is going to be happy with me if I spend Saturday evening and Sunday morning/afternoon playing baddy after spending most of the week away from home
    Man, never hear that in the badrad family.... Just got woken up from a nice nap - little and mrs. badrad dragging my butt to school team practice. Yeah, guess I gotta go, since I'm running it... why you little.... ahhh badrad want sleep.... kitty cat make nice warm snuggle sleeper.... oh - kids waiting... badrad not go, not good..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, never hear that in the badrad family.... Just got woken up from a nice nap - little and mrs. badrad dragging my butt to school team practice. Yeah, guess I gotta go, since I'm running it... why you little.... ahhh badrad want sleep.... kitty cat make nice warm snuggle sleeper.... oh - kids waiting... badrad not go, not good..
    Badrad just setting the tone for "how to be a good family man".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by LazyBuddy
    Badrad just setting the tone for "how to be a good family man".
    oh my aching body... the good family man just got run into the ground by mrs and little badrad in drills. everyone does drills, no exceptions even the old man. luckily I get even by making the other kids do as many drills as I do. I love it when they curse me... hahahahahah

We'll be ready for Kwun and Cooler. heheheh - grandpa eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a nice deception ploy badrad, nice try...
    on my part, i dont do exercise or drills anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be there around 9 pm. Hope that's not too late and somebody answers the door.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by viver
    I'll be there around 9 pm. Hope that's not too late and somebody answers the door.
    Phone Badrad on his cell. That's what I will be doing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Winex West Can
    Phone Badrad on his cell. That's what I will be doing.
    Sure call me at - 1-800-YOU-WAIT... and YOU-WAIT.... and YOU-WAIT.... Meantime, we's havin sum good ol' fun een-side!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by cooler
    a nice deception ploy badrad, nice try...
    on my part, i dont do exercise or drills anymore.
    no no - not trying to deceive. really I am getting old and I get tired easily these days. honest. trust me. really....

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

no no - not trying to deceive. really I am getting old and I get tired easily these days. honest. trust me. really....
    we will see about that... to quote:

"When you are competing in sports your true character will show itself when pushed to the limits"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh... then ... you will see... an old man ... playing very slow badminton...

I can't believe you'd turn my own words on me....

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast