User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thanks for a great evening...

...TXYU and I managed to get ourselves over to the VRC around 9:45-ish along with SmashingBird. BF-ers included PeteLSD, Marky, WilloW, Viver & Timeless. I think Seot were there but didn't get the opportunity to play with him.

All the games were fun and it was quite a busy night which didn't quiet down until after 11:30pm.

We had a couple of good games against PeteLSD/Marky. ditto for Viver/cousin. Sorry no pictures as none of us bother to bring a camera. SmashingBird as usual, was hopping all over the court (haaa...to be young and quick again).

Well, given the TXYU is now working/living closer to Vancouver (2 hrs drive), we can expect to see more of him on a more regular basis (hardly any badminton where he is now).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It was certainly fun. VRC was so packed with people. Only managed to play one game with Marky, WWC and TXYU

Richmond, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWC: you and TXYU were great. Sorry, I don't have the chance to say goodnight to you both because you both were still busy pounding at 1.30 am when I left.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drat, I knew I should have gotten my behind to VRC. I got home at 11:15 pm and wondered if I could still make it. I called WWC's cell phone around that time, but no answer, so I called it a night

Hope you had fun txyu!

-dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep,

I had a great time....
    I'm glad I decided to stick around for another night. Next time, I'll try to give a little more notice for when I come up...

Since I'm so close now, I'll try to come up a little more often maybe get in a few games at Clear One

Thanx to all those that were able to come out

I may try to come out again in about two weeks...it depends on my schedule and $$$

TTYL
    Tim

RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that plays badminton pm me ~_^
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TXYU was an awesome player, exceptional racquet head control and great deception. Got everyone faked out. Well, it was a fun night overall even though there was a lot of breaks in between games. Also saw a lot of Richmond Badminton Club players there, it was an rbc meet at vrc, lol~

Burnaby...and girls, don't PM SmashingBird, PM me instead..heh
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by timeless
    TTT, I think you should be more confident in yourself. When I watched you play throughout the night you were doing fine. However, in some games you seem to lose confidence, or get too nervous, and then make errors that you normally might not make. Just do your best all the time and you're bound to improve.
    Advice noted!....I wanna improve, it's just that I've been too busy lately. Haven't gone to vrc for a while already!

haha..."make errors that I normally might not make"...hm...I can't think of anything that falls under that category.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by badrad
    Expecting a certain type of shot is fine, but you need to also ensure your mind is prepared to receive any type of shot from your opponent. When Mrs Badrad and I played you and Smashingbird last Sunday night, we had loads of time to watch you both and waited for you to get ready for a specific shot, then we tried something a little different to see how you react. Actually quite a few times you were in the right place, but your racquet was not in the right place so you weren't able to take advantage of the situation.

Just as a mental note for the next little while that you play - after every shot you make, force yourself to bring your racquet up to at chest level, instead of leaving it dragging near your knees. This will help you a bit in getting ready for the next play.
    Thanks for the advice! It's just that I was too lazy to bring the racquet up all the time...sometimes I just forgotten about it...

Hopefully, I'll get less birds hitting my face....

haha..you guys had loads of time watching me swing and miss...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by SmashingBird
    TXYU was an awesome player, exceptional racquet head control and great deception. Got everyone faked out. Well, it was a fun night overall even though there was a lot of breaks in between games. Also saw a lot of Richmond Badminton Club players there, it was an rbc meet at vrc, lol~
    haha..got everyone faked out? haha...is it more deceptive than my smashes??...Because even I thought it was a smash. But it hit the frame and turned into a drop shot.....that is my ultimate deception shot...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12