User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Juliane Schenk

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by **KZ** View Post
    after watching Denmark Open final with Saina...I'm disappointed with JS....she had the game...but she just keeps trying to win quick points when in the lead...perhaps its time she now accepts a coach...
    That semi-final match against JYJ was a really gruelling affair; she might have been feeling it's effects the next day...

Besides, the slower courts this year at the DO would have suited Saina's attritional style better, and JS probably knew she would have to try and score with quick, short rallies if she were to stay in the game...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Congratulations to Juliane! Overall, a fantastic performance at the Denmark Open; she showed the door to 2 of the game's top players, and if she hadn't run out of steam in the finals, she might have pushed Saina to the limit. As GC said, "today was just one match too far for Juliane Schenk."

The nice gesture to her younger competitor...
    Name:  Saina-DO-2012-c.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  195.3 KB

At the podium, acknowledging the applause of the fans...
    Name:  juliane-s-DO-2012-a.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  122.1 KB

Receiving the medal from Poul-Erik Hĝyer Larsen...
    Name:  juliane-s-DO-2012-b.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  133.2 KB

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

At the Bitburger Open GPG, Juliane is in the finals, up against Yao Jie of the Netherlands. Their h-h is 3-2 in favour of Juliane, who has won the past 3 encounters.

Last year, Juliane lost in the semi-finals to LXR. Barring any major problems or issues, Juliane looks good to win the title this year...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched juliane's semifinal match against petya nedelchelva . Even petya was good till the second half of the rubber game. I think petya is also good player . She is taking everything thrown at her. Even petya was leading 14-11 in the rubber game. But the experience of juliane made her to move to final by finishing the game easily. Kudos to juliane. Congrats !!! She is continuously in fifth final of the year.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Petya was born in Germany she might have been a better performing player than Schenk at this point but at least they are doing something right over there on the ladies side of things with Zetchiri and Stoeva(x2) as well or maybe more natural talent than structural development shining through

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, well, well! It wasn't all that easy in the end for Juliane against the veteran Yao Jie at the Bitburger Open finals. She crawled over the finish line, 21-10 15-21 25-23. Notch another tournament victory for Juliane this year; what a year she's been having!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

...and the tributes pour in...

Schenk wins in Saarbrücken

04.11.2012, 18:50 clock
    Germany's best badminton player and European silver medalist Juliane Schenk won the home tournament in Saarbrücken.

http://www.handelsblatt.com/badminto...n/7343992.html

Excerpts: (via Google xlate)

..."It was an exciting experience, but you have to enjoy it," Schenk said after she had turned her third match point.

..."The last three weeks have me physically and mentally much demanded," said Schenk: "I have shown many times that I'm way in the world I need to tip more to prove anything to anyone, least of all myself."

And another one from the Badminton Germany website...

http://www.badminton.de/Bitburger-12.2418.0.html

Excerpt (via Google xlate):

Juliane Schenk that one of the best badminton players in the world, is beyond question. But currently, the native Krefelderin floats on a real wave of success. After the world ranking sixth two weeks ago when doped with $ 400,000 Denmark Open Super Series tournament to the finals and came eight days later was at the French Open in the semifinals, she sat down today to the crown. The European silver medalist won for the second time after 2009, the Bitburger Badminton Open in women's singles. Here, the 29-year-old returned from the SG EBT Berlin against Yao Jie from the game of the day. The first set went with 21:10 on the top-seeded German, the second with 21:15 on the previous year's finalist from the Netherlands. The third set was then outbid real thriller: 19:19, 21:21, 23:23 - so the standings. Juliane Schenk in the end made ​​the two points to 25:23. Then she lays down on the floor, covered her face with both hands and you could feel the tension literally falling on her.

"The past three weeks have demanded from me a lot. But I am grateful that my body has carried me this far. It's always nice to play in front of his home crowd and to feel this support. The thrill of it make in the end. Great respect even before my opponent, which was a meeting of equals - and thus came about this high-class match"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juliane !!!! Salute to you.. Great work... This is her fifth finals this year. Great. I have no other choice other than bowing my head to your hard work you have been doing in your later stages of your career. Excellent.. I wish you all the very best for your remaining tournaments ahead this year.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to Juliane Schenk. Being a champion on her home soil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes , of course a nice victory!
    But her dream is it, to win the Yonex German Open GPG once. I hope she can do it in march '13.
    Go on, soldier

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As expected, juliane came to 4th place leaving behind wang shixian and wang xin. Here is the link to BWF ranking for 45th week.

"http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/ra...ng.aspx?rid=70"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Congrats Schenk!!!

Just saw the rankings. Its wonderful to see Juliane there in top 5 which she thoroughly deserves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rahuldarga View Post
    Just saw the rankings. Its wonderful to see Juliane there in top 5 which she thoroughly deserves.
    Lets hope, she stays consistent and hangs around in the top 5. One thing is for sure, she needs to beat the Chinese players regularly to stay there. It is going to be very difficult but not impossible.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the form she is having, defintely she can beat most of the top players excluding some(saina), lets see how she does in china open, where she needs to play Yihan(if she overcomes sindhu in the second round) in quarters. If she defeats yihan, then she would go final for sure. I hope her to see in the final.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    Lets hope, she stays consistent and hangs around in the top 5. One thing is for sure, she needs to beat the Chinese players regularly to stay there. It is going to be very difficult but not impossible.
    Yeah I too hope she maintains her consistency. With her current form she is a lot more competitive with top 5, oh wait... she is top 5

She has to find a way to overcome SN though, the H2H record is worst with her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    With the form she is having, defintely she can beat most of the top players excluding some(saina), lets see how she does in china open, where she needs to play Yihan(if she overcomes sindhu in the second round) in quarters. If she defeats yihan, then she would go final for sure. I hope her to see in the final.
    That SM in the French Open, if Schenk had won the 1st game, it would have been very tough for Saina. Schenk practically gave up in the second game.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is Juliane's official web-site:

http://www.juliane-schenk.de/index_1.htm

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast