User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Juliane Schenk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post

It's been a phenomenal period for Juliane Schenk ever since the OG, and her amazing run shows no sign of abating.

Just yesterday, Juliane was the central figure in Germany's shock win over Denmark in the European Team Championships 2013. She won her singles mach handily and then teamed up with Birgit Michels to win the women's doubles as well!

This shows the depth of self-belief and willingness to do whatever is required for the team. I cannot recall an equivalent event in recent years where a top WS player (BWF top-5 seeded, no less!) scratch-paired with another player for the finals of a Championships tournament!

Juliane continues to shock, and amaze, and leave so many fans in complete awe. Germany's title win is completely built on her spirit.
    She has always shown spirit just all her unforced errors kept her down until recently. Hope she builds more confidence on this.

Denmark losing to Germany. Even I am feeling the shock. I cant imagine how the Denmark fans are taking it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes,Juliane Schenk is amazing,like wine that gets better with age. We'll see her in Rio OG 2016.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Yes,Juliane Schenk is amazing,like wine that gets better with age. We'll see her in Rio OG 2016.
    oh please, spare us the thought.
    with old boys like LCW, Cai Yun et al not declaring their retirement yet.

Rio 2016 looks more and more like a veterans tournament!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post

Well,these old boys and girls may not be retiring yet and possibly aiming for the next Olympics but, on the other hand, they may not win any medal,let alone gold, with the possible exception of Lin Dan and just maybe Lee CW (sorry for sounding a bit far-fetched). Don't forget, the Danish Poul-Erik Hoyer Larsen was the Olympic gold medallist at 31 and the Evergreen Peter Gade was still trying at age 35; also Zhang Ning at 32,twice gold medallist.

Julian's problem used to be her temperament, in my humble opinion, but she seemed to be handling it better lately, more self-controlled and steady than before. That coupled with her superb fitness, physicality and mental toughness make her a fairly formidable opponent for any WS, despite her age at 30, and considering European women are generally stronger in constitution than Asian women on average, the more so bearing in mind she is a soldier as well. This matters significantly nowadays because women's singles badminton is becoming more and more physically demanding and athletic like the men's singles in the way they play.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Actually, London 2012 was more the vet's party...

2016 is still too far away to call it anything yet... besides, the weather, and, er, the atmosphere in Rio will make a 34-year-old move like a 25-year-old

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spare us the thought? Who wouldn't want a nice mix of experienced veterans and challenging youngsters? Nobody gets a free pass into the Olympics anyway. If she is still playing by then, she must qualify like everyone else.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Juliane Schenk has never won the German Open WS title. She's been the runner-up on a couple of occasions, but this is home ground, and surely she'd love to correct that record.

This year she probably has the best opportunity to win the title. She's in the form of her life; her confidence is wayyyyyy up, she has become totally formidable in all departments, and she's already through to the semi-finals without as much as breaking a sweat. Two more matches to complete, and the title is hers. A fairytale that continues for this immense competitor!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Someone had to lose the title match, and Wang Yihan did not - she was just too good for a Juliane Schenk whose mojo appeared to have deserted her on the final day.

But Juliane is still gracious and admiring in defeat. Her post-match interview:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched Juliane's match against Inthanon and I have to say that something's clearly wrong with her attitude at the moment. It seems as if she plays deliberately bad in the face of a possible loss. Don't like it. It was the same at the German Open final against WYH.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Someone had to lose the title match, and Wang Yihan did not - she was just too good for a Juliane Schenk whose mojo appeared to have deserted her on the final day.

But Juliane is still gracious and admiring in defeat. Her post-match interview:
    the interviewer is not having a very good day either!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Lol, minutes before he said that he was actually scared of interviewing her after this painful loss.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ton-Min-Bad View Post
    ^Lol, minutes before he said that he was actually scared of interviewing her after this painful loss.
    i am scare of her in general, esp if she's happen to be standing on the other side of the net!

but surprisingly friendly when in front of the camera.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i am scare of her in general, esp if she's happen to be standing on the other side of the net!

but surprisingly friendly when in front of the camera.
    And very friendly in person too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    so did anyone else see her throw the last few points because she was losing and then smack the shuttle way out of the side of the court in the QF at the All England. There was no way that any of that was an accident... Not exactly setting a good example....

I think I will have to watch her now ;-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutoshinken View Post
    Hi,
    so did anyone else see her throw the last few points because she was losing and then smack the shuttle way out of the side of the court in the QF at the All England. There was no way that any of that was an accident... Not exactly setting a good example....

I think I will have to watch her now ;-)
    I think that's setting a great example. I love watching players go bananas. Shows it means a lot to them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juliane Schenk just had her officlal 'coming out'! She was asked in an interview to tell something that not maybe people knew about. Her answer was that 'just a few people know that my former mental coach is now my girlfriend'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vixter View Post
    Juliane Schenk just had her officlal 'coming out'! She was asked in an interview to tell something that not maybe people knew about. Her answer was that 'just a few people know that my former mental coach is now my girlfriend'.
    The coming out itself wasn't surprising at all. Everybody kinda knew this. But the fact that she's with her former mental coach might explain one thing or two.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast