User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Juliane Schenk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What's the update on Germany's no.1 female player. Haven't seen her in tournaments recently. Has the German association not let her register for events?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juliane Schenk retired from Badminton and quited her career.

There is a statement on her homepage: (only in German)
    http://juliane-schenk.de/AG_2014.html

Die Top-Ten der Weltrangliste rasant zu verlassen gehört zu meinen guten Vorsätzen für 2014.
    Mein erstes Spiel dieses Jahres habe ich entgegen meinen Gewohnheiten von vornherein
    abgeschenkt. Demnach 21:0 21:0 für Minatsu Mitani.
    "To leave the top-ten of the world ranking is one of my goals for 2014. Therefore, contrary to my habits, I gave up the first match against Minatsu Mitani 21:0 21:0."

Allen, die mich jetzt schon für närrisch halten, sei erklärt:Ein Top-10-Spieler ist verpflichtet an 9 von 12 Super-Series-Turnieren im Jahr teilzunehmen.
    Koste es was es wolle (zahlt ja außer in meinem Fall ein Verband mit öffentlichen Geldern).
    Kommt er nicht, zahlt er 5000 $ Strafe aus eigener Tasche. Kommt er wie gefordert,
    sind die hohen Reisekosten samt Unterkunft zu bezahlen. So oder so - Du zahlst!
    Das ist alles nicht preiswert.
    "For all who call me crazy already:
    A top ten player is obliged, to take part / to play at 9 of 12 Super-Series-Tournaments in a year.
    Costs doesn't matter, association pays it normally but not in my case.
    If the player doesn't take part, he has to pay 5000 US $ from his own money.
    If the player take part as required, he has to pay for the hotel, the flight and other travel costs. So - you have to pay either way.
    That is all not inexpensive."

Of course, thats not everything, but I think thats the most interesting part for you guys.
    She talks about her emotions, the very good year 2013, and thats not easy for a "flexible" player like her in such a "fix" system.
    I hope the translation is readable and understandable.

Macht es gut Ihr Lieben und zur Erinnerung: das Gold des Lebens, das nie aufhört zu glänzen, ist LIEBE egal für wen oder was...
    Juli
    Do it well "my dears" and for remembering:
    The gold of the life, thats never stop shining, is LOVE - doesn't matter for whom or what.
    Juli

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope she will do well in the future~!
    all the best!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But what you translate SpeedyJT says that she wants to play less tournament, so she wants to leave the top 10 players. She do not mention she will retire. Do you have other informations that says so?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renbo View Post
    But what you translate SpeedyJT says that she wants to play less tournament, so she wants to leave the top 10 players. She do not mention she will retire. Do you have other informations that says so?

Oh - yes, she says
    An dieser Stelle werde ich mich jetzt verabschieden.
    Ein Rücktritt von meinem Rücktrittsgesuch
    zum Jahresende 2013 stand wie gesagt nie zur Wahl.
    "I have to say goodbye at this point.
    To go back from the retirement at the end of the year 2013 was never a point to talk about"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you're right - a 100% sure statement "I retire from badminton completely" is not there.

But the german badminton media reports already about this and interprets this quotes above as her retirement.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, Soldier Schenk retired ?! I was hoping to see her in Rio 2016 but after reading she has resigned from the German Badminton Association recently due to irreconcilable differences and forced to go independent, I already more or less suspected her troubles would not end there, what with having to bear all the expenses and make all the arrangements herself with regard to training and competition including the services of the necessary support staff. No wonder her form suffered of late.

I recall one of her matches with Wang Yihan in particular where she impressed me with her physicality, her dogged determination and fighting spirit to the very end before winning a hard-fought,grueling three-setter. She also impressed LYB so much with her mannish style of play that he felt the necessity to introduce more rigorous physical fitness training for his charges in order to deal with her.

The fact that she could raise her game to her highest level so late in her career around 30 years old at that time and threatening the best players in the world is itself an amazing feat, deserving special praise.

I suppose she would continue playing in the available professional leagues , eg CBSL, IBL, Axiata Cup(?), for quite some time. Wish her happiness and success in her future endeavours.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Juli for all the fantastic moments and may the best be for her in her new life after badminton.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Loved seeing her determination and true grit style. She won many admirers. She right up there with the very best in her mental fortitude. World badminton has a big loss.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, her style was unique, very dynamic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAS should take her in.. WS is the weakest after the retirement of WMC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreak87 View Post
    MAS should take her in.. WS is the weakest after the retirement of WMC
    I don't think she would leave Germany for good given her family and her girlfriend live here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading the original text on her homepage makes it clear that she does not retire!
    She wants to leave the top10 (for the mentioned reasons...). And she retired from the german national squad, which is nothing new.

There is no word about total retirement from (professional) badminton whatsoever...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by speedyJT View Post
    Juliane Schenk retired from Badminton and quited her career.

"To leave the top-ten of the world ranking is one of my goals for 2014. Therefore, contrary to my habits, I gave up the first match against Minatsu Mitani 21:0 21:0."
    Usually badminton players' goal is to reach top 10. They used to say:"To reach the top-ten of the world ranking is one of my goals for 2014." But the sentence from a semi-retiring badminton player is so much different. I am here wishing her all the best in her future undertaking. She is really such a nice player to talk with. I still remember in 2012 Singapore Open, after her victory in the Final against CSC, she ran towards her friends who were sitting near the arena thanking them for their support. I later on asked her, 'why were you rushing to approach your friends near the arena after your victory?' She answered:'They are not my friends actually, but they have been supporting me since the very beginning of my career. They used to follow me wherever I play. So, they are now like my family and friends. I am glad to have their support wherever I go.'

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Juliane has been nominated for best European Female Player of the year 2013 in the Badminton Europe Player Awards polls. The complete nominations in this category are:

Best European Female Player Of The Year '13:

Gabrielle Adcock (England)
    Tine Baun (Denmark)
    Juliane Schenk (Germany)
    Christinna Pedersen (Denmark)

The Awards ceremony will be held at Dublin, Ireland, on April 12 2014.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't think she will win it. TB & CP are the favourites.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Don't think she will win it. TB & CP are the favourites.
    TB is the hot favourite. But I like CP the most.. hehe..

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast