User Tag List

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uselessmail View Post
    Can anyone identify the shuttles they are using here?
    They are using Yonex TOURNAMENT F-90 Shuttlecocks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    The girl beside LD's mother is stunning....
    Anyone know who is she?
    Gotta agree with you...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, Who is he ?
    Looks like self sponsored player
    Jen Hao Hsu is a Babolat sponsored player, but during events where Chinese Taipei compete they all wear Yonex clothes regardless of sponsorship. The Victor shoes are probably because he doesn't like the Babolat ones

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post

he is Hsu Jen Hao (CHN Taipei)..
    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Jen Hao Hsu is a Babolat sponsored player, but during events where Chinese Taipei compete they all wear Yonex clothes regardless of sponsorship. The Victor shoes are probably because he doesn't like the Babolat ones
    Thanks for your info, guys...

@LD Rules!
    It seems that he likes to wear Yonex socks as well

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats mean self sponsored

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does it mean "self sponsored"? SOcks are part of the uniform and in the contract there often is an exception for racket and footwear. Babolat is his normal sponsor for clothes and rackets but representing Taiwan requires to wear Yonex outfit ...
    Adcock/Bankier are also wearing Adidas socks, shorts and shirts
    Last edited by demolidor; 08-01-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is he also being sponsored by victor?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the most saddening photo of the whole Olympic for me

unable to move, in physical pain, but what really made her cry is not the physical pain, she has probably endured more physical pain during training, what made her cry is the realization that this injury ends her quest in the Olympics. despite that, she wouldn't give up, and try to limp on for another few rallies. until basically everyone in the stadium, including her coaches and opponent, and everyone watch on TV, urges her to give up and not aggrevate her injury anymore.

cast a huge contrast to the incident the day before.

Sayaka Sato, the fighter, has gained huge respect from me, and i hope from every badminton fan in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope people remember this the next time some player retires due to a 'tummy ache'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    I hope people remember this the next time some player retires due to a 'tummy ache'.
    Or 'twisting his/her nose hair'.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sayaka's injury look pretty serious. i am able to replay the video a few times, and it included instant replays (sorry whoever asking for it, i am unable to record it because it is from the nbc streaming)

she jumped sideways towards her forehand (left) side, her left feet landed first and immediately the knee gave way. in slow motion, i see from the interior side that something protruded out. if i am not mistaken, she might have torn her MCL and likely ACL.

Sayaka was clearly in immense pain while immobile on the ground. while there, she raised her head to look at her coaches many times. seemingly asking for help, she obviously at that point wasn't sure exactly what happened to her.

immediately Charlotte Ackerman (deputy referee) came onto court, Tine also walked over to show care, but Charlotte asked her to go back to her side of the court per protocol. and then medical staff. PJB and another Japanese coach (a guy) also went up, partly and probably due to the medical staff needing translation.

Sayaka was immobile lying sideways, after some consultation with translation, medical staff sprayed something on her knee. she stood up. indicating that she is ok while limping.

she action immediately garnered applause from the British crowd, whom has the tradition of doing so to an injured sportperson after he/she stands up and continue.

she limped around a bit more and went back to play, but it was very obvious that she won't be able to continue.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope the video is going to be on youtube pretty soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More olympic badminton news.. source: thestar.

Chinese tell badminton players to say sorry
    BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese officials have told their Olympic badminton team leader and disgraced players to make a public apology following the deliberate throwing of matches at the London Games, the Xinhua news agency said on Thursday.
    The women's doubles players disqualified from the Games on Wednesday were top seeds Yu Yang and Wang Xiaoli of China, South Korean pairs Jung Kyung-eun and Kim Ha-na, and Ha Jung-eun and Kim Min-jung, plus Greysia Polii and Meiliana Jauhari of Indonesia.
    China's Wang Xiaoli (R) and Yu Yang play against South Korea's Jung Kyung-eun and Kim Ha-na during their women's doubles group play stage Group A badminton match during the London 2012 Olympic Games at the Wembley Arena July 31, 2012. REUTERS/Bazuki Muhammad

"The delegation has already severely criticised and educated the responsible badminton leaders, team and relevant players and demanded they profoundly recognise the seriousness and the harmfulness of this matter, reflect deeply on it, publicly apologise and resolutely prevent such incidents from happening again," Xinhua quoted an unnamed spokesman as saying.
    Li Yongbo, chief coach of the Chinese badminton team, said the poor behaviour of his players reflected the shortcomings of new rules in the sport.
    "I feel that no matter whether it is the rules or something else, that's no excuse," said Li. "The key point is we did not behave professionally as athletes and did not treat each match seriously.
    "We didn't strive with all our might in the Olympic way. From that point of view we really didn't grasp this point thoroughly ... as chief coach I really feel I must say sorry to fans and viewers nationwide," Li told Xinhua.
    The eight players were thrown out of the Games for throwing matches in a bid to secure more favourable draws later in the tournament.
    (Reporting by Ben Blanchard, Chris Buckley and Sui-Lee Wee; editing by Tony Jimenez)

If TQ/ZYL is out too from the OG, i don't expect LYB to comment like this

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

badminton is in the world's spotlight right now
    video news from AP..
    a short snippet of the ina pair and wang xiao li/yu yang as well..

Last edited by george@chongwei; 08-01-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video from the spectators present there..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    the most saddening photo of the whole Olympic for me

unable to move, in physical pain, but what really made her cry is not the physical pain, she has probably endured more physical pain during training, what made her cry is the realization that this injury ends her quest in the Olympics. despite that, she wouldn't give up, and try to limp on for another few rallies. until basically everyone in the stadium, including her coaches and opponent, and everyone watch on TV, urges her to give up and not aggrevate her injury anymore.

cast a huge contrast to the incident the day before.

Sayaka Sato, the fighter, has gained huge respect from me, and i hope from every badminton fan in the world.
    So sad!!!

I didn't take much notice of Sato previously, she always seem to lose to higher-end players but she was always determined and never gives up...

It's so sad and so unfortunate for her to twist her ankle at a time like this... I feel for her!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Another video on the WD controversies as reported on a Aussie channel.http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/london-ol...e-981b68c4349e

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast