07-26-2012, 12:54 PM #103
07-26-2012, 12:56 PM #104
I just read Peter Gade's facebook post and he has moved with the team to Wembley Plaza Hotel
07-26-2012, 01:18 PM #105
Some more tickets just come on the UK site, bagged 2 for friday 3rd
07-26-2012, 01:34 PM #106
i wonder what they are talking about?
07-26-2012, 01:35 PM #107
07-26-2012, 01:44 PM #108
A bit more side news..
A few more to share..
- Fengwei told me a bit more players came today and the activity level picked up. He got to work an extra overtime.
He mentioned the CHN team came again today as well as the Korean team.
Also, Fengwei told me, one of the CHN players, Chen Xu, who plays 2 different events, got some sort of bruised or rashed on his eye, not sure how severe it is..
- With this latest news of the badminton players being moved from Stratford area (Olympic Village) closer to Wembley PH, it makes it much more accessible to see players..Hopefully the securiy won't be as strict as it is @ the Olympic Village
Went to Stratford area today to check out the stadium and surrounding venues and it is far (at least from Wembley)...timed the travel time from there and it took abt a good 40-45 min. by train/tube to Brent (where Fengwei & i are staying), near Wembley..And it definitely will take longer by car or bus..
Last edited by ctjcad; 07-26-2012 at 01:59 PM.
kelana liked this post
07-26-2012, 02:00 PM #109
07-26-2012, 02:09 PM #110
07-26-2012, 02:11 PM #111
when a writer starts an article saying how badminton is not like the backyard sports that most people play in the backyard, it pretty much can assume that he knows little about badminton.
I mean, stop it already, focus on the topic and stop mentioning the backyard.
do we see baseball articles prefaced by how the real sport of baseball is not like the throw and catch you do with your father at the park? no!
07-26-2012, 02:17 PM #112
A few more notes:
- Yes, Fengwei also told me, LCW came with his "gal" (supposedly), with both of them arm in arm..
- GB & Denmark teams came today..with Jonassen & Gade sparred for a few pts to the delight of cheers from their respective GB and Denmark teammates..Fengwei also told me Gade played doubles and partnered Thomas Laybourn and sparred against Boe & Mogensen..
- The entire JPN team came today and had a close practice..They also came on Tuesday..
- Saina came again..
- France team came today, with PHY and Brice Leverdez..
- HK, Canada, Austria, Chinese TPE teams came today and practiced..
- Indonesia team came today but no sighting of Taufik, with only Simon Santoso, the doubles players and the WS player..
- South African, Sweden & maybe Norway teams today..
- No sighting of the Australian team y'day or today..
- 80 linejudges just came today..
..okay, we gonna go and stalk for players at the WPH tonight..
Last edited by ctjcad; 07-26-2012 at 02:23 PM.
07-26-2012, 03:34 PM #113
that is a long time
07-26-2012, 05:02 PM #114
LD: Hey, buddy, it's room temperature! I got it from Beijing, the wife packed it for me. Would I lie to you? Here, talk to Xinfang ask her yourself, ok?
LCW: I want to know right now, mister: do you intend to let Jin win or not?
LD: Hey hey, old friend! You know that's out of my hands; I'd do it for you if I could, but LongBow calls the shots, y'know?
LCW: You're in my way.
LD: I know, ol' pal. It's always been like that, hasn't it? Look, I'm sorry and all, but come on, give us a hug now, eh?
07-26-2012, 05:16 PM #115
Fidget liked this post
07-26-2012, 05:53 PM #116
07-26-2012, 07:03 PM #117
07-26-2012, 07:07 PM #118
more pics of the pink courts.
07-26-2012, 07:15 PM #119
By chris-ccc in forum Olympics LONDON 2012Replies: 49: 08-07-2012, 01:01 PM
By Loh in forum General ForumReplies: 0: 11-03-2009, 08:26 PM
By Pecheur in forum General ForumReplies: 2: 06-19-2004, 11:15 PM
By kwun in forum Olympics ATHENS 2004Replies: 2: 06-09-2004, 07:35 PM
By Mag in forum General ForumReplies: 23: 09-06-2002, 06:29 AM