User Tag List

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 655
  1. #1
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,822
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up 2012 London Olympics: Day 1 Matches (Saturday, 28-July)

    .
    For our interested BCers, let's take a look at Day 1 Matches of the 2012 London Olympics on Saturday, 28-July.

    For Schedule of Matches;
    http://tournamentsoftware.com/sport/...17A&d=20120728

    For Time in London;
    http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_GB.aspx

    For our BC PAW Game;
    The thread shall be out soon.

    For Live Streaming;
    Perhaps BCers from different countries can post the links that are working for their regions. Different countries sometimes cannot use the same links.
    .

  2. #2
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    only a handful of interesting matches on day 1.

    Thomas Laybourn / Kamilla Rytter Juhl vs. Lee Yong Dae / Ha Jung Eun - pretty poor head to head for the defending Olympics mixed double champion Lee Yong Dae. unfortunately HJE is not yet in the same league as LHJ.

    Chan Peng Soon / Goh Liu Ying vs. Chen Hung Ling / Cheng Wen Hsing - the Taiwanese pair have the definite h2h advantage, but GLY is always awesome to watch at the net despite losing bit of her sting in recent matches.

    Koo Kien Keat / Tan Boon Heong vs. Naoki Kawamae / Shoji Sato - this will be a good match to gauge how much (if any) improvement the Malaysian pair has gained in the recent training.

    Xu Chen / Ma Jin vs. Sudket Prapakamol / Saralee Thungthongkam - the Chinese pair definitely has the advantage, but given their age, this will be the Thai pair's last appearance in the Olympics. and Sudket is always incredible to watch and Saralee while much slower is always one of the smartest in the front of the net.

    that's it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,974
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    only a handful of interesting matches on day 1.

    Thomas Laybourn / Kamilla Rytter Juhl vs. Lee Yong Dae / Ha Jung Eun - pretty poor head to head for the defending Olympics mixed double champion Lee Yong Dae. unfortunately HJE is not yet in the same league as LHJ.

    Chan Peng Soon / Goh Liu Ying vs. Chen Hung Ling / Cheng Wen Hsing - the Taiwanese pair have the definite h2h advantage, but GLY is always awesome to watch at the net despite losing bit of her sting in recent matches.

    Koo Kien Keat / Tan Boon Heong vs. Naoki Kawamae / Shoji Sato - this will be a good match to gauge how much (if any) improvement the Malaysian pair has gained in the recent training.

    Xu Chen / Ma Jin vs. Sudket Prapakamol / Saralee Thungthongkam - the Chinese pair definitely has the advantage, but given their age, this will be the Thai pair's last appearance in the Olympics. and Sudket is always incredible to watch and Saralee while much slower is always one of the smartest in the front of the net.

    that's it.
    A very tricky tie for Xu Chen & Ma Jin. Sudket has always been a very smart player, well positioned shuttle, steep drop shot, several trick shots that he is really comfortable to execute, smash angle that is very accurate & possession of incredible agility. Saralee on the other hand has always been targeted by their opponent, her unforced errors will lead to lost of confidence & influence Sudket performance which in the end mixed up this duo performance. Xu Chen & Ma Jin need to expose saralee more, force her to make tonnes of unforced errors, however if saralee able to perform well and come out from the pressure like what she has done at the 2012 INA Premier, it will be an interesting match, & i would favor Thai duo.

  4. #4
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    10,140
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    just looking at the schedule, there are only 3 courts being used, with 35-40 minutes assigned for each game, running from 8:30am to 8:30pm...

    so it looks like there will again be some late 1am games...

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NorCal, United States
    Posts
    931
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    just looking at the schedule, there are only 3 courts being used, with 35-40 minutes assigned for each game, running from 8:30am to 8:30pm...

    so it looks like there will again be some late 1am games...
    Hope not. There are some approx 3 hr gaps but in there.

    NBColympics.com for all USA residents with valid cable provider info that has NBC, CNBC and MSNBC.

    Badmintonlink.com should have some matches as well for all international audiences.

  6. #6
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,822
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  7. #7
    Regular Member etudiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Christian Grey's playroom
    Posts
    12,214
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The only tricky match for Ina team in day 1 is :

    Bona/Ahsan v Bodin/Jonjit

    Hopefully they already put in the 3rd gear cause Tha pair is very handful

    I expect Taufik, Towi/Lily and Mel/Greys to win their matches.

  8. #8
    Regular Member etudiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Christian Grey's playroom
    Posts
    12,214
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with kwun, those 4 matches will be very worth to watch...expect blood, sweat and tears

  9. #9
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,822
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lightbulb 2012 London Olympics BC PAW Game: Here is the 6th thread

    .
    I have been informed that there is anther thread that I have missed (from my Post #6 above).

    The missing thread is;

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...58#post1937658

    So, altogether we have 6 threads for our 2012 London Olympics BC PAW Game.
    .

  10. #10
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,822
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up 2012 Olympics: Badminton Live-Streaming

    .
    I have been informed by BadmintonLink that live-streaming will be available.

    The link is;

    http://www.badmintonlink.com/Watch-B...pics_Badminton
    .

  11. #11
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,822
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Some winners with attractive PAW points on Day 1 ?

    .
    Found time to study in picking some PAW winners (with attractive points) on Day 1.

    My guesses are;

    MS:
    * Henri Hurskainen
    * Raut Must

    WS:
    * Anu Nieminen
    * Simone Prutsch
    * Lianne Tan

    MD:
    * Ingo K./Johannes S.
    * Koo K.K./Tan B.H.
    * Ahsan M./Septano B.

    WD:
    * Fujii M./Kakiiwa R. [4]

    XD:
    * Mateusiak R./Zieba N.
    * Lee Y.D./Ha J.E.
    * Chan P.S./Goh L.Y.
    .

  12. #12
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    besides the events that has already started (archery and football), badminton has one of the earliest events.

    the very first event to start on Saturday is 8.15am for Women's 10m air rifle.

    next is 8.30am for badminton mixed doubles and women singles.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Isle of Man GBR currently
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    besides the events that has already started (archery and football), badminton has one of the earliest events.

    the very first event to start on Saturday is 8.15am for Women's 10m air rifle.

    next is 8.30am for badminton mixed doubles and women singles.
    where and how to watch ? which BBC channel ?

  14. #14
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    where and how to watch ? which BBC channel ?
    BBC One

    .....

  15. #15
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,822
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    The Schedule of Matches for Day 1 has changed (since I posted it on 25-July-2012).

    It is still the same link, but different matches are altered since I read them days ago.

    http://tournamentsoftware.com/sport/...17A&d=20120728
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 07-27-2012 at 11:25 PM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member aulia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pekanbaru, Indonesia
    Posts
    2,660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    only a handful of interesting matches on day 1.

    Thomas Laybourn / Kamilla Rytter Juhl vs. Lee Yong Dae / Ha Jung Eun - pretty poor head to head for the defending Olympics mixed double champion Lee Yong Dae. unfortunately HJE is not yet in the same league as LHJ.

    Chan Peng Soon / Goh Liu Ying vs. Chen Hung Ling / Cheng Wen Hsing - the Taiwanese pair have the definite h2h advantage, but GLY is always awesome to watch at the net despite losing bit of her sting in recent matches.

    Koo Kien Keat / Tan Boon Heong vs. Naoki Kawamae / Shoji Sato - this will be a good match to gauge how much (if any) improvement the Malaysian pair has gained in the recent training.

    Xu Chen / Ma Jin vs. Sudket Prapakamol / Saralee Thungthongkam - the Chinese pair definitely has the advantage, but given their age, this will be the Thai pair's last appearance in the Olympics. and Sudket is always incredible to watch and Saralee while much slower is always one of the smartest in the front of the net.

    that's it.
    For a secs I thought I have a different matches schedule with you, but LYD/HJE vs Laybourn/Juhl and MJ/XC vs Sudket/Saralee will be on Monday 30.

    I think today's matches are quite interesting because it will set up the rhythm of the next day matches.

    All the best for Tontowi/Liliyana, Taufik Hidayat, Polii/Jauhari, and Ahsan/Bona.

  17. #17
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,822
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aulia View Post
    For a secs I thought I have a different matches schedule with you, but LYD/HJE vs Laybourn/Juhl and MJ/XC vs Sudket/Saralee will be on Monday 30.

    I think today's matches are quite interesting because it will set up the rhythm of the next day matches.

    All the best for Tontowi/Liliyana, Taufik Hidayat, Polii/Jauhari, and Ahsan/Bona.
    .
    Yes, Good Luck to INA players: Tontowi/Liliyana, Taufik Hidayat, Polii/Jauhari, and Ahsan/Bona.

    I am wondering why they need to make changes in the original schedule.
    .

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •