Competitive players, your goal?: To get up to what ranking this year.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by yonexfanatic, Sep 7, 2003.

1. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

For all you competitive players concerned about provincial/state rankings. What is your goal, as in what ranking do you want to get up to this year? A level? B level? Higher C level? etc.

For me, I'd have to say I'd want to get up to top 30-40 in Alberta which is High B level.

However the alberta ranking system, IMO, is arranged differently. for ex, if player 1 defeats player 2, player 1 will take player 2 ranking and bumping him down one. I'd like to see a ranking in alberta where ranking is determined by a point system, or osmething.

2. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    then move to ontario my friend!!! we have a point system.... lessee... right now i'm high C player.... (dunno HOW that happened....) so i guess my goal is to get to mid B....

3. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    wat da u mean by high C? lol! isn't that a "C" is a "C"!:D and since when do they have the most updated ranking out for this new tournament season? :D :D :D

4. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

i guess Nanashi means he plays C and is probably one of the better C players therefore making him a "high C" player.

5. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    it means that i almost have enough points to become a B player......

and you can check the year end (ending 2002-2003) points...

6. 9Cdn553Woba

9Cdn553Woba Regular Member

Computers
    Also in Ontario, Im looking to settle into the middle of the B division. I have a new doubles partner, and although we haven't been playing together for very long we've been destroying some teams with 200-300 points more than us in practice. My partner is extremely quick and offensive. We are adjusting well together so far, so I expect it will be a good season. Oh, also helps that my partner has a very consistant, tight serve -- keeps us on the offense a lot more. So heres hoping for some good results this season. =)

7. ruth1

ruth1 Regular Member

Student Athlete
    Statewide: To maintain a 1/2 ranking in singles. And to beat the girl who usually wins first. In doubles I hope to make it to the finals and get a 1/2 ranking. In mixed, I hope my partner and I can make it to the semis.

Nationally: To make it to the quarters in a Nationally ranking tournament and get within the top 8 (singles). In doubles, I want my regular partner and I to play in the same tournaments (and not opposite ones, by accident), so we can be ranked among the top 8 and make it to the quarters. In mixed...to find a mixed partner for national tournaments.

Too bad this is my last year for juniors. I sure would like to improve my #4 and #3's. But it was my best ranking year for juniors so I'm happy.