Li-Ning Rackets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Prim3, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Prim3

Prim3 Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys need a bit of help here..

A bit about me:

intermediate
    aggressive/attacker/smashing type

I had an old isometric that finally gave up (can't restring it at high anymore.. shaft is too weak since it was bought 12 years ago) so I'm in the market for a new one. I posted a thread before regarding Ti10, AT, or NS line from Yonex.

I also read up on some great li-ning rackets and wouldn't mind giving it a shot either. My questions are:

first: is badmintonalley.com a trusted/authentic website? I found a racket there that I'm interesting in..

Second.. about li-ning 90.. I heard that n90 is a LOT more powerful than n90II and n90II classic?

Is this n90 the first gen? http://www.badmintonalley.com/LI_NI...n_Racket_Pro_Ed_p/racket-lining-woods-n90.htm

And what does pro edition mean?

I just want a head heavy racket for offensive/smash power.. please advise and help me choose =)

if you have other recommendations please let me know that as well. thanks

2. parth

parth New Member

Hello,

yeh the link that you posted above is of 1st gen n90.
    Well have n90 and arc10 and can confidently say that, lining produces some excellent rackets. I dont know why they have termed it as pro edition but pretty sure, they have same n90 as any genuine n90 found anywhere else.
    I have just played with n90 and can confidently say that, its an awesome smashing racket, paw paw... provided you have the right technique... being head heavy makes you to work very hard but the rewards are great.... absolutely love it.. personally i have arc10, carbonex21 sp and armortec 90p....

for the differences, maybe some seniors can point guide you in this, here II versions are too costly :(
    hope, you get what suits you the best ... :)

3. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    I have n90 and N90 II
    From my subjective feeling
    N90:
    Power : 10
    Control:10
    Defense: 8.5
    Speed: 6

N90 II:
    Power: 8.5 (9,5 if you have enough fitness and power for the very stiff shaft)
    Control:9
    Defense: 10
    Speed: 8

The N90 is a little lighter, less stiff, but more head heavy then the N90 II. To get a similar power from the N90 II you have to be very fit and strong... cause it is really stiff^^

The N90 is more a singles racket, for double at club level it is ok, but for more advanced levels it is too slow.
    The N90 II is a true all around racket, but you have to be very fit and strong to unleash its true power.

If you more a double player the N50 is good as well,
    Power : 9.5
    Control: 8
    Defense: 9
    Speed: 9

4. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Unfortunately the N50 is almost impossible to come by anymore.

5. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    go for the N90

6. anek1

anek1 Regular Member

Service Manager
    If you prefer for smashing and mainly for single...go for N90....
    IF you wanted to have all rounded then go for N90 II....

7. Prim3

Prim3 Regular Member

Student
    Got N90 at a special price at badmintonalley. N90II was $250.. With shipping and all it would've hurt me! thanks for the help guys. I hope this racket holds up to its reviews!

8. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    try mybadmintonstore.com

9. jtsk127

jtsk127 Regular Member

Does N50 here refers to Flame N50? Are they the same? How is the racket balanced? How is it like if compared to Z Slash? Thanks.

10. decoy

decoy Regular Member

N50 = n50 flame. It's even balanced and there are loads of reviews in the li Ning fan club thread.

11. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    n90 is purely for smashing,wide body + mid-flex(to me!) ,head-heavy...while n90II is more on control......if i m not mistaken..i used one n90 before,got it tuesday sold at thursday,if u know what i mean,make sure ur arm is good enough so that u can posses it well =D

12. Andreas Widjaja

Andreas Widjaja New Member

Player
    Wow, that's nice info @greblu<br><br>hmm, how about woods G-force special edition, n80 and n80LTD, You know about that?<br><br>I
    want buy a new racket but i'm confused.. what is your opinion? what
    should i choose, n90 woods II, woods G-force special edition, n80 or
    n80LTD?<br><br>Thanks :D

13. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    yes, badminton alley is legit. i live 5min from that place. the owner David is a great guy and very informative and helpful. as far as the racket, i got n90 and n50 and they are both heavy. i find them similar to an arcsaber 10 2u which i also have. however, the swing weight of the n90 is a lot heavier than the n50. and the the arc10 2u is on the lighter side than the li ning rackets. for your information, the n90 is the first gen, and don't worry about pro edition. it just means that it's been used by pros and that's like putting pro edition on an armortec 900 power because LCW used it once. the n90 is probably the heaviest racket i've used. it literally tired my forearm out in two hours of doubles.

i would suggest you try out a demo program with a store if you can, or even try out your friends' rackets even just for a few minutes. there are many head heavy rackets out there. from yonex there's armortec, voltric. from victor there's superwave and meteor.

remember that what you read on paper about a racket only gives you a general sense of what a racket would feel. you have to play with it and feel it for yourself. each person's body is unique so take our advice with a grain of salt.

14. Aelredf

Aelredf Regular Member