User Tag List

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 783
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default 2012 London Olympics Day 3 (Monday 30th July)

    Today we get a good idea of who will be progressing to the next round. With all chance of a British medal now effectively over, Adcock/Bankier shall be playing for pride against Z/Z

    Top seeds in MS and WS get underway as well today

    I have heard that Xie Xingfang is in London this week, Lin Dan starts today

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,131
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Today we get a good idea of who will be progressing to the next round. With all chance of a British medal now effectively over, Adcock/Bankier shall be playing for pride against Z/Z
    the match between Adcock/Bankier and Z/Z doesn't make any sense. A/B will definitely be the last one in the group now matter win or loss. ZZ will be the 1st to advance regardless this match either.

    Will ZZ walk over tomorrow? to follow Chinese tradition?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    the match between Adcock/Bankier and Z/Z doesn't make any sense. A/B will definitely be the last one in the group now matter win or loss. ZZ will be the 1st to advance regardless this match either.

    Will ZZ walk over tomorrow? to follow Chinese tradition?
    ZZ can't give walkover it's my understanding that retiring from a group game counts as retiring from the tournament (according to Iain Wright)

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,131
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the following matches are good to watch tomorrow:

    SUNG Ji Hyun vs YIP Pui Yin: only the winner will survive.

    XU C / MA J vs
    PRAPAKAMOL S / THOUNGTHONGKAM S: both will advance, but winner will remain in the bottom draw bracket.

    Only the winner can advance to the next round for the following 2 matches:

    KO SH / YOO YS vs AHSAN M / SEPTANO B

    CHAI B / GUO Z vs VANOV V / SOZONOV I

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,131
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    ZZ can't give walkover it's my understanding that retiring from a group game counts as retiring from the tournament (according to Iain Wright)
    what if a player(s) got sick for 1 day? or injured during the match?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    what if a player(s) got sick for 1 day? or injured during the match?
    Counts as retiring from tournament, Taufik 2010 Super Series final is a prime example...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,131
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Counts as retiring from tournament, Taufik 2010 Super Series final is a prime example...
    so ZZ have to let A/B serve 42 times consecutively tomorrow, then advance to the next round. A/B can go home with a win.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    so ZZ have to let A/B serve 42 times consecutively tomorrow, then advance to the next round. A/B can go home with a win.
    Or they could go out and try to win the match, it is the Olympics after all...

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,131
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Or they could go out and try to win the match, it is the Olympics after all...
    at least I don't care the results no matter it's Olympics or not. Even AB wins, that doesn't justify anything.

    For ZZ, they might more care about their body conditions and protect from any potential injuries or tiredness.

    At most, treat it like a warming up exercise.

  10. #10
    Regular Member kelana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Parmir Mountains, Silk Road
    Posts
    2,953
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    After passing 2 days of the group match, the outcomes are mostly as predicted... orders remain installed notice no big upset so far

    Today will stage many interesting matches such as below:

    WS
    WANG Xin (CHN) vs (USA) WANG Rena
    WANG Yihan (CHN) vs (CAN) Michele LI
    SUNG Ji Hyun (KOR) vs (HKG) YIP Pui Yin

    MD
    KO Sung Hyun/YOO Yeon Seong (KOR) vs (INA) Mohammad AHSAN/Bona SEPTANO
    CHAI Biao/GUO Zhendong (CHN) vs (RUS) Vladimir IVANOV/Ivan SOZONOV
    Naoki KAWAMAE/Shoji SATO (JPN) VS (USA)Howard BACH/Tony GUNAWAN

    WD
    JUNG Kyung Eun/KIM Ha Na (KOR) vs (RUS) Valeri SOROKINA/Nina VISLOVA
    TIAN Qing/ZHAO Yunlei (CHN) vs (JPN) Miyuki MAEDA/Satoko SUETSUNA
    CHENG Wen Hsing/CHIEN Yu Chin (TPE) vs (IND) Jwala GUTTA/Ashwini PONNAPPA

    XD
    XU Chen/MA Jin (CHN) VS (THA) Sudket PRAPAKAMOL/Saralee THOUNGTHONGKAM
    Joachim FISCHER/Christinna PEDERSEN (DEN) vs (POL) Robert MATEUSIAK/Nadiezda ZIEBA
    Thomas LAYBOURN/Kamilla RYTTER JUHL (DEN) vs (KOR) LEE Yong Dae/HA Jung Eun
    Alexandr NIKOLAENKO/Valeri SOROKINA (RUS) VS (GER) Michael FUCHS/Birgit MICHELS

    less than 4 HOURS to go....
    Last edited by kelana; 07-29-2012 at 10:43 PM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    so ZZ have to let A/B serve 42 times consecutively tomorrow, then advance to the next round. A/B can go home with a win.
    Sure, ZZ can do that and risk losing respect from non-CHN fans , which does not matter anyway.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NorCal, United States
    Posts
    894
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelana View Post
    After passing 2 days of the group match, the outcomes are mostly as predicted... orders remain installed notice no big upset so far

    Today will stage many interesting matches such as below:



    less than 4 HOURS to go....

    I didn't expect THA to be on top of group B in MD. You did?!

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    the match between Adcock/Bankier and Z/Z doesn't make any sense. A/B will definitely be the last one in the group now matter win or loss. ZZ will be the 1st to advance regardless this match either.

    Will ZZ walk over tomorrow? to follow Chinese tradition?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    so ZZ have to let A/B serve 42 times consecutively tomorrow, then advance to the next round. A/B can go home with a win.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    at least I don't care the results no matter it's Olympics or not. Even AB wins, that doesn't justify anything.

    For ZZ, they might more care about their body conditions and protect from any potential injuries or tiredness.

    At most, treat it like a warming up exercise.
    With this kind of mindset, one can be really sure that the spirit of Olympics is truly fading away.

    Gold medal uber alles!!!

  14. #14
    Regular Member kelana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Parmir Mountains, Silk Road
    Posts
    2,953
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    at least I don't care the results no matter it's Olympics or not. Even AB wins, that doesn't justify anything.

    For ZZ, they might more care about their body conditions and protect from any potential injuries or tiredness.

    At most, treat it like a warming up exercise.
    perhaps ZZ can utilize that rare nothing-to-lose opportunity to try out few tweaks or sharpen some particular new/riskier strokes/strategies... or whatever for some burden-free exercises ZYL is playing two events, stamina preservation must be observed in this extraordinary 'no-gain' situation just don't be duped!
    Last edited by kelana; 07-29-2012 at 11:06 PM.

  15. #15
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CantSmashThis View Post
    I didn't expect THA to be on top of group B in MD. You did?!
    Certainly unexpected but not something out of this world. KSH/YYS and BoSan have been struggling with form since the beginning of this year, especially the former who are no longer close to the formidable pair they once were. I actually think KKK/TBH would not mind facing any one of this two compared to the Thai pair as they have recently, after all won for the first time against KSH/YYS in 7 meetings.

  16. #16
    Regular Member kelana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Parmir Mountains, Silk Road
    Posts
    2,953
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CantSmashThis View Post
    I didn't expect THA to be on top of group B in MD. You did?!
    nope, i just predicted that they will fare #2 after KSH/YYS yet they just showed that they are able to crush many of the second liners... in straight.

    ---> less than 3 hours to go ....
    Last edited by kelana; 07-29-2012 at 11:46 PM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,470
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    so, no one interested in lcw vs ville lang?

    at least i am, to see how his ankle is going to hold up...

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •