Bodin Issara / Maneepong Jongjit

Discussion in 'Thailand Professional Players' started by Licin, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    A Young Thai Duo that not only consistent yet displayed attractive performance to the spectators.

Issara & Jongjit2.jpg

Issara & Jongjit.jpg

Both of them are really fast, sharp, yet really powerful as well as comfortable at the front & at the back. Being possessed with such skills, this MD are one of a kind on which any other Duos would want to avoid for having a clash with. They began their London Olympic 2012 Campaign by defeating Ahsan/Bona, INA no.1 MD and sole representative for OG in MD department. At a second day, they defeated KOR No.2 MD, Ko Sung Hyun/Yoo Yeon Seong, World MD No.4. Both of which they won it in straight sets. Extraordinary & world class performance. Being drawn in Group B, the only pair whom they have not faced is Poland No.1 MD, Adam Cwalina/Michal Logosz. They have been projected to become the champion of group B and will face runner up of Group D, high likelihood it would be MAS No.1 MD Koo Kien Keat / Tan Boon Heong.

#1 Licin, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  2. visor

visor Regular Member

Thanks Licin for starting this thread! :) I was going to do that, then I saw yours.

Agreed, they're a very dynamic duo. They are my favourite up and coming md pair at the moment.

Having watched them win the MD final in the 2012 India Open against Ko/Yoo, they are fast and powerful, capable in both attack and defence, and both of them excellent in both front and back, which is a rarity in doubles these days.

If they continue at the rate they're going, especially with many top pairs retiring (eg. FuCai, BoMo, KidoSetiawan) and changing partners (LeeJung), they have a very bright future.

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    My pleasure, visor :).

The first time i watched them is when they meet Rian/Angga of INA on India Open 2012, just before they clashed with Koo/Yoo at the Final. The moment i watched the match, i realize that this Young Thai Gun is indeed really promising and the clash with Koo-Yoo will be interesting to watch which at the end they beat them in three tight sets. Yes,you are absolutely correct, visor that this MD able to defense and attack so well and it does not matter whether Bodin Issara or Maneepong Jongjit standing at the front or at the back, they are able to execute their job deceptively. Furthermore, should one partner fails to do his part, the other partner is ready to cover up, especially during flat drive interchanges. It is really worth to watch of how well this pair will prevail in a few years down the road, because they have what it takes to be the world beater. Not to mention the amount of confidence they have, since they have always been a huge obstacle for senior thus more experienced MD.

All the best for them !!

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep... and we forgot about one very important detail, especially for level doubles, ... a left/right combo! :)

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Their match against Ina BoMo during the OG2012;)
    [video=youtube;6ZF9XLFspww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZF9XLFspww&feature=plcp[/video]

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    not available in HK:(

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Glad to have noticed them way back at the Bitburger Open in November already and see them perform like this at this stage [​IMG]. The final might still be on YouTube [of Bitburger Open] or the Badminton Europe website iirc ...

8. visor

visor Regular Member

cmon cheung... stop using windoze explorer and try firefox with stealthy plugin ;)

9. visor

visor Regular Member

although they're still young, they may be forgiven for their excessive yelling and gesturing ... but imho they can tone it down a tad

10. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    When koyoo start about two years back, they seems to smash to everyone but as time goes by more and more of their weakness are exposed.Same will happen to this Thai pair, just that they are quite new to the world, not much is known about them.Time will come when they have to reinvent

11. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

All is good, after they do the 'wai'.

War on court and then peace off-court.

12. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I think most of the pairs, especially the second tier pairs have zero idea on how to counter their ridiculous speed at the moment. Not to mention that those smashes pack enormous power and Jongjit's reaction at the net is so fast that just a little too high might mean a net kill.

CY/FHF actually almost lost to them in the 2nd round of the Korean Open Premier earlier this year, they had to save a match point or two but eventually came back to win and clinch the title there.
    As usual, weakness for this kind of young pairs are inconsistency. But now, they are definitely BURNING!
    They are the darkest horses for a medal at this Olympics. I think JJS/LYD and KKK/TBH would rather face known opponents like KSH/YYS or Bona/Ahsan rather than this dynamic young duo.

13. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I hope they are consistent enough and try to reinvent themselves for covering up their weakness and sharpening up their strength.

14. aeksit

aeksit Regular Member

When they get a point , they is very over acting
    But I like.haha

15. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    They might have problem against Boe/Mogensen.

Boe's dirty tactics and Mogensen's cheating will disturb the Thai pair's concentration and take advantage of their inexperienced.

So against China or Korea, Thai pair can beat them.

However against dirty players like Boe/Mogensen, they have to watch out.

16. mensa0106

mensa0106 Regular Member

hahaha..finally they owned their own thread...this is my fav pair after the era of LYD/CJS & CY/FHF...vry energetics pair...love to see the power and their skills...:D

17. freakout89

freakout89 Regular Member

they are fierce, aggressive and hungry. Notice their shouts

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yeah, their shouts is no joke:eek::rolleyes: But some times to me, it's quite irritating.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

Yah... can be overly fierce (not that there's anything wrong with it), but with them it can sometimes border on feeling like in a schoolyard fight.

In India Open they were warned a few times by the umpire to not raise their fist in the direction of their opponents when they won a rally.

20. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    In my opinion, their loud shouts is their mind game. It is the same case with BoMo's behavior to raise hand when their opponent just about to execute a serve. it is all about mind & focus destruction.