User Tag List

Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 62 ... LastLast
Results 188 to 204 of 1096
  1. #188
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    With all this plotting, BC members can be very good consultants for the teams
    anyone to hire me?
    i am good in spotting talent!haha

  2. #189
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,626
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    anyone to hire me?
    i am good in spotting talent!haha
    There is a vacant post as LYB's assistant. He is always sitting alone by himself up at the stand. You ought to apply.

  3. #190
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Isle of Man GBR currently
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Off topic:

    Wang Yihan's best friend, Ding Ning has reached the semifinal match in the women's table tennis singles against Feng Tianwei of Singapore.

  4. #191
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Aus
    Posts
    151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Will be extremely interesting to see what China does with their WD.

    TQ/ZYL has come 2nd in their group, which means they are effectively in WXL/YY's half of the draw. (Assuming WXL/YY beat Korea's JYK/KHN which I believe is widely expected.)

    So China has either two choices: Let WXL/YY play their normal game and top their group, or move them to the bottom half of the draw to split the two Chinese pairs up. To do this however they have to lose to Korea's 2nd ranked pair, which would make it obvious that they are match fixing.

    WXL/YY vs KHN/JYK is before KMJ/HJE's match tonight. This will mean that if WXL/YY do not match fix and win, KMJ/HJE will therefore work their asses off in trying to beat the Indonesians and top their group; there avoiding being in the same half of either of the two Chinese pairs.

    However if China's top pair decides to lose to JYK/KHN then this will mean that KMJ/HJE will probably lose their game to Indonesia so that they can come second in their group and advance to the quarter finals on TQ/ZYL's side of the draw. This is because they know that the chance of beating TQ/ZYL at the semi final is much higher than beating YY/WXL in the semis. Moreover this will result in the two Korean pairs meeting in the quarter finals. This is something that the Korean team will accept though because it boosts their chances of getting to the final.

    Ah the joys of matchfixing...

  5. #192
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,952
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i am shocked to learn Tian/Zhao lost to the Danes.

    Looks like Tian/Zhao have to meet Wang/Yu early in semi final. (unless of course Wang/Yu deliberately loses to Kim/Jung today.)

  6. #193
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    15,846
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tine and Prokopenko are neck and neck 14-all in G1

  7. #194
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    There is a vacant post as LYB's assistant. He is always sitting alone by himself up at the stand. You ought to apply.
    nah
    he might eat me alive
    darkness.
    i better apply bam job
    goyang kaki,yawning and get london trip
    next one in brazil!samba!

  8. #195
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,502
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    some say match fixing and some say team tactics.
    This is exactly what the IOC and BWF tried to do to provide the options for the team coaches by creating this group matches.

    don't expect Korea to take it lying down as they also wanted to maximize their chance
    Quote Originally Posted by dohdoh View Post
    Will be extremely interesting to see what China does with their WD.

    TQ/ZYL has come 2nd in their group, which means they are effectively in WXL/YY's half of the draw. (Assuming WXL/YY beat Korea's JYK/KHN which I believe is widely expected.)

    So China has either two choices: Let WXL/YY play their normal game and top their group, or move them to the bottom half of the draw to split the two Chinese pairs up. To do this however they have to lose to Korea's 2nd ranked pair, which would make it obvious that they are match fixing.

    WXL/YY vs KHN/JYK is before KMJ/HJE's match tonight. This will mean that if WXL/YY do not match fix and win, KMJ/HJE will therefore work their asses off in trying to beat the Indonesians and top their group; there avoiding being in the same half of either of the two Chinese pairs.

    However if China's top pair decides to lose to JYK/KHN then this will mean that KMJ/HJE will probably lose their game to Indonesia so that they can come second in their group and advance to the quarter finals on TQ/ZYL's side of the draw. This is because they know that the chance of beating TQ/ZYL at the semi final is much higher than beating YY/WXL in the semis. Moreover this will result in the two Korean pairs meeting in the quarter finals. This is something that the Korean team will accept though because it boosts their chances of getting to the final.

    Ah the joys of matchfixing...

  9. #196
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,952
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    if Fu/Cai deliberately loses to Lee/Fang today, Fu/Cai don't have to meet Chai/Guo in the next round. will china do that?

  10. #197
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,083
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Prokopenko, nice on the eye, nice on the court...leading game one 19-18

  11. #198
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Isle of Man GBR currently
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    if Fu/Cai deliberately loses to Lee/Fang today, Fu/Cai don't have to meet Chai/Guo in the next round. will china do that?
    So that China will have better chance by having two Chinese pairs thus Fu/Cai have to face Bo/Mo QF?

    Is CBA crazy ?

  12. #199
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,083
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Prokopenko takes the first Game, Baun managed to save one game point but for the second her serve was a fraction short and Prokopenko smashes onto the court for a winner!

  13. #200
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    I do not blame the player. Pablo Abian is a skillful player who came from a country where everyone is supposed to use their legs not hands to play competitive sports.Sometimes when some of these countries especially Australia and South Africa underperforms, it's not the players problem; but the coaches.
    Agree. If a player is skilful, how far he goes indicates the quality of the coach. If a player is brilliant, he will go far regardless of coach. Just look at MAS. So many skilful players underperforming. Only one standout player. But it s not always the coach problem. Funding is essential. But it will be nice if you cut down the use of that crappy word. I mean, would you like to be called crappyboy, just because you use that word so often

  14. #201
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Isle of Man GBR currently
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Agree. If a player is skilful, how far he goes indicates the quality of the coach. If a player is brilliant, he will go far regardless of coach. Just look at MAS. So many skilful players underperforming. Only one standout player. But it s not always the coach problem. Funding is essential. But it will be nice if you cut down the use of that crappy word. I mean, would you like to be called crappyboy, just because you use that word so often
    Your call

  15. #202
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey, is there a live stream link now?

  16. #203
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    15,846
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tine actually lost the 1st G 19-21, not looking good for her. G2, 6-all at the moment

  17. #204
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dohdoh View Post
    Will be extremely interesting to see what China does with their WD.TQ/ZYL has come 2nd in their group, which means they are effectively in WXL/YY's half of the draw. (Assuming WXL/YY beat Korea's JYK/KHN which I believe is widely expected.)So China has either two choices: Let WXL/YY play their normal game and top their group, or move them to the bottom half of the draw to split the two Chinese pairs up. To do this however they have to lose to Korea's 2nd ranked pair, which would make it obvious that they are match fixing.WXL/YY vs KHN/JYK is before KMJ/HJE's match tonight. This will mean that if WXL/YY do not match fix and win, KMJ/HJE will therefore work their asses off in trying to beat the Indonesians and top their group; there avoiding being in the same half of either of the two Chinese pairs. However if China's top pair decides to lose to JYK/KHN then this will mean that KMJ/HJE will probably lose their game to Indonesia so that they can come second in their group and advance to the quarter finals on TQ/ZYL's side of the draw. This is because they know that the chance of beating TQ/ZYL at the semi final is much higher than beating YY/WXL in the semis. Moreover this will result in the two Korean pairs meeting in the quarter finals. This is something that the Korean team will accept though because it boosts their chances of getting to the final.Ah the joys of matchfixing...
    So now, on the big stage, match fixing is no longer a CHN exclusive?

Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 62 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •