User Tag List

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 363
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Why are the Women's doubles players not trying to win?

    I have been watching women`s doubles currently, and it seems that they are losing on purpose or something, what is going onÉ

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pogol, Pagal
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it's a protest because of yesterday's fencing scandal:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/...video/p00w2wzb

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pogol, Pagal
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  4. #4
    Regular Member Badderz_Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Dino View Post
    I have been watching women`s doubles currently, and it seems that they are losing on purpose or something, what is going onÉ
    They threw the match as to avoid the other Chinese pair in the next round... poor form...

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pogol, Pagal
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are you sure?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    hehehe..:P
    Posts
    923
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poglomog View Post
    Are you sure?
    yes this doesn't have an inch of relation to the fencing scandal you are mentioning.....It's an all new scandal which the chinese lost to avoid their other team in earlier rounds...

  7. Likes visor liked this post
  8. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badderz_Alpha View Post
    They threw the match as to avoid the other Chinese pair in the next round... poor form...
    I sincerely doubt that.

  9. #8
    Regular Member georgsi_uk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Next round is Knock oput round and as the other pair has lost today's game, if this chinese pair wins this one, they will meet the second pair in their next game and so they wanted to avoid that..

    Koreans also wanted to throw the game because if they win, they will be meeting the second chinese pair which they wanted to avoid.. hence the whole drama..

    i think thats all about it.. Any other answers anyone ??

  10. Likes runningpig001, visor, kwun liked this post
  11. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pogol, Pagal
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I must say, I don't think that would happen - if you watch properly, the Korean's weren't exactly trying either... it seems highly unlikely they would drop the match to avoid playing their own, that really would lead to disqualification and to be honest, I don't think the Chinese are that stupid?

  12. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pogol, Pagal
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And also, they could have made it a tad less obvious if they were playing to throw the match - this was clearly a protest - LOL if I'm wrong though.

  13. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmm , i dont think so ,
    i think they are trying to save their energy for the next game , especially for chinese team which has been decreased in their stamine for past 2 years,
    if they to avoid their teammate in next 2 games? WHAT FOR????
    its GOOD, if their meet at semifinal they can just walkout and give yu/xao go through Final , make sense?

  14. #12
    Regular Member ant01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pretty disgraceful. The Chinese coaches didn't even bother going to the players during the interval, everything was planned out beforehand.

  15. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poglomog View Post
    And also, they could have made it a tad less obvious if they were playing to throw the match - this was clearly a protest - LOL if I'm wrong though.
    Dont stick with ur own thought , what protest?
    if they want to protest , protest to authority delegation.
    if u said PROTEST, then other korean athlete from different category can do the same thing as korean badminton did
    its not make sense dude

  16. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pogol, Pagal
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Seafood View Post
    hmm , i dont think so ,
    i think they are trying to save their energy for the next game , especially for chinese team which has been decreased in their stamine for past 2 years,
    if they to avoid their teammate in next 2 games? WHAT FOR????
    its GOOD, if their meet at semifinal they can just walkout and give yu/xao go through Final , make sense?
    Not really - if you were a top international player competing at the Olympics, you swear to play fairly and properly, etc., you're not going to lose on purpose to pervert the match order, that's just really, really dumb, I can't see that happening, it would be so embarrassing for the countries... the medals would be meaningless.

  17. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    312
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why do you keep arguing when you know you're wrong

  18. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pogol, Pagal
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Seafood View Post
    Dont stick with ur own thought , what protest?
    if they want to protest , protest to authority delegation.
    if u said PROTEST, then other korean athlete from different category can do the same thing as korean badminton did
    its not make sense dude
    I'm trying to find out the next Korean women's event, then we'll know if that theory sticks - we'll soon know anyway as it's bound to hit the sporting headlines.

  19. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pogol, Pagal
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blableblibloblu View Post
    Why do you keep arguing when you know you're wrong
    I don't know that I'm wrong, that's why I'm arguing? I could be wrong... but I hope I'm right.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •