User Tag List

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, sorry for my poor chinese.. Looks like the next candidate to follow her footstep is likely to be li yong bo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good bye Yu Yang.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Yu Yang just announced she will forever leave the sport of badminton.http://2012.sina.com.cn/cn/bd/2012-0...32832791.shtmlThe only fair outcome of this incident is for China to fire LYB. Nothing else will be enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    And now another breaking LATEST news... Yu Yang: This will be my LAST badminton competition, goodbye my beloved chinese national team... wow, if that is true, then her last match is really a shame!
    于洋:这也是我最后一次比赛了。再见国际羽联,再见我挚爱的羽毛球。转自微博
    All the players were really between a rock and a hard place. They were just the foot soldiers. They couldn't disobey the general telling them what to do. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. And the CBA and Chinese media and public will surely be in heated discussion over this affair, some supporting them and some lambasting them.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe LYB should be removed immediately without any delay.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    Do you even know what you are talking about? Did you watch both matches in the first place. What else of evidence and hard proof that you still required?
    Yes, I did watch the game between Yu/Wang and KOR pair for a few minutes. Yes, I believe they did not try to win. All 4 of them. Yes, I was shaking my head, when I hear the boos.

However, if you give ppl death penalty, you better give real evidence. What's the evidence now? They performed below the par? They have more serve errors, and more out?

Well, answer me this. In WC 2003, on her way to champion, ZN give both Mia and CM a 11-0. Please do not tell me Mia and CM are that bad at the moment. So, why there's no penalty for Mia or CM, for "not trying their absolute best"? They probably already mentally and/or physcially gave up...

From stats, you can surely say they should be much much better. However, in theory, everyone can have a bad day. You can not give a person a death penalty, simply because, "oh, we all get upset, you, me, him, her all believe that's not normal"....

Btw, good hard evidence is drug test result, instruction in writing, instruction in tape recording, etc.

Btw, please do not just ignore my other examples of Jordyn Wieber (US gymnastics) and US basketball team. In theory, they all performed way below their own standard, so should they get banned as well? Hey, for US basketball, even the opponent coach "thanked" them in public for "not running up the score". Man, that's hard evidence....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't Yu Yang said the opponents are going to be strong and they (CHN) wanted to conserve energy?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Didn't Yu Yang said the opponents are going to be strong and they (CHN) wanted to conserve energy?
    Yup, she was quoted in many press as saying so. Of course opponents are strong if one serve into the net, smash into the net time & again, opponents had no opportunity to show much. The Korean chief coach was quoted too.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 08-01-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The matches were bad...!

I also saw the nbcolympics videos which they posted a video which shows about 2 minutes of all the mistakes during that KOR/CHN

Lin Dan said himself that it's damaging to the sport. The head person of IOC was apparently watching some of the match in the arena as well.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    The matches were bad...!
    I also saw the nbcolympics videos which they posted a video which shows about 2 minutes of all the mistakes during that KOR/CHN
    Lin Dan said himself that it's damaging to the sport.
    I never believe LD.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LYB will certainly get into trouble.

even before the Olympics, he has been warned by his bosses to cut down on the walkover and match fixing, that's why we did see fewer of them this year compared to last year. and when there are fixing suspicions, the acting was better instead of an outright w/o due to fake injuries.

now this really blown up in the Olympics and most people will by default just blame the Chinese for it without much thoughts, the bosses will certainly not be happy about it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    The matches were bad...!

Lin Dan said himself that it's damaging to the sport. The head person of IOC was apparently watching some of the match in the arena as well.
    President of IOC Jacques Rogge was there when it happened. Badminton has become a farce right in front of the president of the International Olympic Committee. I think President Rogge had to leave in embarrassment.

I believe this is one of the reasons why BWF decided to punish the four pairs so hard.
    Last edited by pcll99; 08-01-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    OMG, the Chinese Olympic Delegation condemns Yu/Wang!!! I don't believe it!!!

http://2012.sina.com.cn/cn/bd/2012-0...32832791.shtml

Will LYB be fired?
    Translation please?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typically, he is in denial. It's always the "evidence" card that is played in these situations.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    And now another breaking LATEST news...

Yu Yang: This will be my LAST badminton competition, goodbye my beloved chinese national team... wow, if that is true, then her last match is really a shame!

于洋:这也是我最后一次比赛了。再见国际羽联,再见我挚爱的羽毛球。

转自微博
    Notice she never thanked her coaches. I can feel her venom towards LYB.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those in North America, the badminton fiasco made the Jim Rome Show (radio) this morning. And that's never a good thing with the acid-tongued host.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Yes, I did watch the game between Yu/Wang and KOR pair for a few minutes. Yes, I believe they did not try to win. All 4 of them. Yes, I was shaking my head, when I hear the boos.

This is exactly what the BWF's official saw and they were disqualified after investigation was done and are charged for 'not using one's best effort to win a match' and 'conducting oneself in a manner that is clearly abusive or detrimental to the sport'.

However, if you give ppl death penalty, you better give real evidence. What's the evidence now? They performed below the par? They have more serve errors, and more out?

That is how you chose to perceive it. Those people with authority see things differently. Btw, if they can't even serve properly and is so erratic than they shouldn't be in the Olympics after all. Does it make sense to you?

Well, answer me this. In WC 2003, on her way to champion, ZN give both Mia and CM a 11-0. Please do not tell me Mia and CM are that bad at the moment. So, why there's no penalty for Mia or CM, for "not trying their absolute best"? They probably already mentally and/or physcially gave up...

The scoreline doesn't mean anything. If ZN is on good form that day why not. If that counts then Zhao Jian Hua's, Yang Yang's and all those ex greats opponents that got thrashed would be all found as guilty. What counts is the motive. Do you see any relation to that in between ZN, Mia and CM? Its a very bad example you'd given to compare here.

From stats, you can surely say they should be much much better. However, in theory, everyone can have a bad day. You can not give a person a death penalty, simply because, "oh, we all get upset, you, me, him, her all believe that's not normal"....

Talking about statistics of all 4 pairs or any other pairs in that level, go take a look in any badminton videos available on youtube and make a comparison yourself. See if there is any match that even come close to what you saw yesterday. Even baddy players of the 70's with wood rackets don't play in such pathetic manner. While watching make sure you open your eyes wide enough.

Btw, good hard evidence is drug test result, instruction in writing, instruction in tape recording, etc.

Professionals don't leave evidences behind. Only dumb people do. Maybe those team officials did tried the lawyers wannabe but still got their appeal thrown out.

Btw, please do not just ignore my other examples of Jordyn Wieber (US gymnastics) and US basketball team. In theory, they all performed way below their own standard, so should they get banned as well? Hey, for US basketball, even the opponent coach "thanked" them in public for "not running up the score". Man, that's hard evidence....
    Pardon my ignorance. I really don't know them. As such I better not put any comments on them because it will make me look stupid if I talk a lot with long winding post but make little sense.
    Last edited by flite; 08-01-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy smoke. The Wall Street Journal is reporting this:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...515755348.html

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast