User Tag List

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Man, it's tough being a professional badminton player these days ... have to be a good actor too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    Pardon my ignorance. I really don't know them. As such I better not put any comments on them because it will make me look stupid if I talk a lot with long winding post but make little sense.
    Again, I am not defending the players or coaches, they clearly contribute to the whole mess.

The problem I have is, IOC/BWF should take their share of the blame as well. As organizers, their system start the whole mess, and when the pic starts to look ugly, they try to act like god, and simply send the little guys (girls) to the chamber for the death penalty???

Plus, you still did not answer my question, how you justify the evidence. US basketball makes a lot of mistakes, such as easy turn overs, missed wide open dunks, un-usual high rate of fouls, etc. In addition, they rest their starters (e.g. Kobe played only 9 minutes in the game), and play the rookie (Davis) for 14 instead. So, please tell me why we not banning them for "'not using one's best effort to win a match' "???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Again, I am not defending the players or coaches, they clearly contribute to the whole mess.

The problem I have is, IOC/BWF should take their share of the blame as well. As organizers, their system start the whole mess, and when the pic starts to look ugly, they try to act like god, and simply send the little guys (girls) to the chamber for the death penalty???

Plus, you still did not answer my question, how you justify the evidence. US basketball makes a lot of mistakes, such as easy turn overs, missed wide open dunks, un-usual high rate of fouls, etc. In addition, they rest their starters (e.g. Kobe played only 9 minutes in the game), and play the rookie (Davis) for 14 instead. So, please tell me why we not banning them for "'not using one's best effort to win a match' "???
    It was there in the second paragraph. The BWF after investigation found that.................

Its the authority and governing body that sets and regulate the R&R. They saw the 4 pairs clearly, obviously and severely violated one of the R&R and its within the authority rights to take proper action. Oth, teams can file for appeal but again its the decision of a panel of committees whether to reject the appeal or not.

Its them (the authority) who took action within a set of rules, regulate them and made the final decision. Not the other way round of saying to them that your proof TO ME is not solid enough.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Notice she never thanked her coaches. I can feel her venom towards LYB.
    she didn't thank the fans and her family either. maybe she hates all of us also?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lazybuddy:

The guilty have no right to question the judges, especially when the rules are so clearly spelled out in the book. Even if there was a loophole that doesn't make it less punishable if they were found guilty. You can call it a temptation but they're still guilty nonetheless.

The only thing that could have happened differently is the KOR players should have just killed the CHN pair with a 21-0 21-0 score. Then after the match officially complain to the referee about the CHN pair's efforts and intentions. That would have been better than being pulled into this disgraceful match fixing scandal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But then the Japanese escaped doing the same thing right? what about them... they got what they wanted cheated and got away with it as well......... so there are still loopholes next time do it there way...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The four pairs are doing daylight robbery... Too obvious...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    It was there in the second paragraph. The BWF after investigation found that.................

Its the authority and governing body that sets and regulate the R&R. They saw the 4 pairs clearly, obviously and severely violated one of the R&R and its within the authority rights to take proper action. Oth, teams can file for appeal but again its the decision of a panel of committees whether to reject the appeal or not.

Its them (the authority) who took action within a set of rules, regulate them and made the final decision. Not the other way round of saying to them that your proof TO ME is not solid enough.
    I can not stop laughing...

You keep using the word "clearly", "obviously", etc, but how you qualify that? 20% of the "suppose to be level of performance", 30%, 47%, 65%??? Then, you have to also factor in the fatigue, opponents, etc. How to qualify "not trying hard enough"? Even if they "not trying", they are still better than 99.99999% of us trying 20000%...

Again, I am not saying they are innocent, based on my own common sense. However, issue a hard nailed "death penalty", while ruinning the entire event, while the organizers were the 1st ones to make it possible...

Again, my point is not to say they did not do anything wrong. My problem is IOC/BWF pushes all the blames on the little guys (girls), and actting like god, make me disgusted.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    she didn't thank the fans and her family either. maybe she hates all of us also?
    Naah, just read between the lines. Simples

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Lazybuddy:

The guilty have no right to question the judges, especially when the rules are so clearly spelled out in the book. Even if there was a loophole that doesn't make it less punishable if they were found guilty. You can call it a temptation but they're still guilty nonetheless.

The only thing that could have happened differently is the KOR players should have just killed the CHN pair with a 21-0 21-0 score. Then after the match officially complain to the referee about the CHN pair's efforts and intentions. That would have been better than being pulled into this disgraceful match fixing scandal.
    Then, please answer my question, about why not ban US basketball team, as they were clearly fooling around, which result into many un-character errors. They benched starters like LBJ, Kobe, and let rookie Davis played more minutes instead. Even Tunisia coach annouced a "thank you" statement in public, for "not running up the scores". Do you think they fell into the same category of "not trying hard"?

Again, CHN, KOR, INA (as well as DEN, MAS, etc) are the ones scarified their own chances (players) to spread the common wealth to other nations / players. They are the ones got "robbed" to begin with. Now, they just try to take slight advantage (still not violating any written rule with hard evidence) to protect their "already well damaged" chance, then we give them death penalty???

Are they at fault? ABSOLUTELY!!! However, I would rather look at the case more like "self defense", rather than "intentional assault".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aulia View Post
    Oh, better not.
    Tbh, I just want to see all the drama.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Lazybuddy:

The guilty have no right to question the judges, especially when the rules are so clearly spelled out in the book. Even if there was a loophole that doesn't make it less punishable if they were found guilty. You can call it a temptation but they're still guilty nonethelessl.
    If the criminals have a chance to defend him/herself. And if really determined the rule is not correct, the law maker/rule maker should make every effort to improve it.

Instead, I feel IOC/BWF more or less trying to play "cover up" after they feel like "losing face". Well, good job, sentence the little guys to death, and ruinning the entire event is the way to go.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will the Presidents of the United States and China be next to condemn Yu/Wang?

this farce has gone too far.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Yu Yang just announced she will forever leave the sport of badminton.

http://2012.sina.com.cn/cn/bd/2012-0...32832791.shtml

The only fair outcome of this incident is for China to fire LYB. Nothing else will be enough.
    what will she do now, not like CBA will let her coach?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    President of IOC Jacques Rogge was there when it happened. Badminton has become a farce right in front of the president of the International Olympic Committee. I think President Rogge had to leave in embarrassment.

I believe this is one of the reasons why BWF decided to punish the four pairs so hard.
    yup, to make an example to warn others!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of LYB haters here. 99% want LYB to be fired. Whats about Korea and Indonesia team managers? Thy all should be fired too and ban.

The reason why we all single out LYB and China is because they had done this match fixing so many times. Its not that all other countries managers and coaches had dignity and fair play. But because other countries players just didnot had the depth of Chinese players to fixing the matches.

Korea also fixing matches in THomas Cup. And now they also fix the match with Ina pair cause they didnot want to play WXL/YY.

This is all the coaches , managers and BWF faults. A small portion also the players faults. If BWF before Olympics being more strict with all these fixing matches, this will not happen. For the players its hard specially for Korea and China players. If they did not follow the managers instruction, they will be kick out from the National squad.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast