User Tag List

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I don't see that they flipped a finger at anyone for making the call that they get a better endgame if they finish second in the group.. I told my buddies that was over to watch the games before the WD started that "hey guys" lets look at this match this will be intreesting because i don't think the girls would like to win and destroy the medal-hopes for their country :-)"

The thing about the matches between the teams that actually got disqualified was that the result really only affected the teams themselves, the other throwdown that was discussed was worse imop as it actually affected which teams got trough to the elimination draw.

I very much doubt that it would have been like 21-3.. If the koreanse led by lets say 11-2, then the Chineese could go all out up to 8-10, if possible, without risking to win, to make the game "look" competetive. So there is no need for them to throw down such oviosu, easy points if the oppnents are playng all out!!

Who are you kidding? Japan was the first team to throw the game and would not have faced Canada in the semi if they had not thrown away their lead in group B.
    RE: Korea efforts - Fine, China has the ability to control the outcome, but both teams shot themselves in the foot by being poor actors. Case closed. Did they get what they deserved? There's a debate there still. But with the IOC pressure, it is what it is. Case closed on that matter.

As for Japan throwing their game vs Taiwan, I didn't see that match, so I cannot argue. All I know is the Canadians won the 2nd game and freak them out tonight! You can hear the distress in their shouts to each other on the court when Michelle and Alex made a threatening shot that led to a winner.

They flipped the finger, and you know it. They wanted to place 2nd, fine, the way they chose to accomplish that goal is an insult to everything they stand for as the elite of the sport.

2. Likes flite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Example from another sport : Yeah, it's not OG sport, they were found guilty and it was called match fixing
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/180220...g-scandal.html
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-09-1...candal/1433756
    The only reason I even knew about this was because at that time a Msian player claimed she was ordered to lose by a high level official, she refused and mentioned this case.
    Not sure if there are other similar examples, ones that didnt involve bribing that is

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The uk team sprint team admitted they deliberatley crashed as they had a bad start, so they could call a restart.......dq them?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    The uk team sprint team admitted they deliberatley crashed as they had a bad start, so they could call a restart.......dq them?!
    "Off with their heads!"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oly...ntroversy.html
    Last edited by demolidor; 08-03-2012 at 04:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    but they said it was the 19 years old's poor english. he didn't really meant it.

RIGHT!!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22