User Tag List

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
Results 120 to 136 of 363
  1. #120
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Dino View Post
    I have been watching women`s doubles currently, and it seems that they are losing on purpose or something, what is going onÉ
    lose the battle, win the war

  2. #121
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Malaysia =)
    Posts
    439
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's just that the WD are making it more obvious that they are throwing the match away. Can I assume that KKK/TBH also had the intention to "throw away" their final group play match (but don't do it so obvious) against LYD/CJS just to get a relatively easier QF opponent? I remember reading from the press that KKK/TBH also have the chance to choose their QF opponents.

  3. #122
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They all should be disqualified for violating the Olympic spirit. Let the true Olympians who would be more deserving of the Olympic medals.

  4. #123
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    KL, Ipoh
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The players that rig the game should be thrown out from the Olympics. Not only they manipulated the format, the went against the Olympic oath to perform their best, they tainted the spirit of Olympics, and brought disgrace to badminton.

    In fact, just so much for doing this in the OLYMPICS !!!
    My God !! It's the pinnacle of all sporting events.... I was so disappointed watching the CHI/KOR game.

    In fact, they all should be BANNED from OLYMPICS for LIFE !!!

    My apologies if I sound to harsh, this is only my personal opinion.

  5. #124
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If this is a WC or SS events, LYB or CHN could not care less. OLY is a whole different animal. CHN wants those medals and every medal especially gold counts towards the total tally to top USA. Let's see if this Paisan Rangsikitpho chap really has the guts to do the right thing i.e. give a DQ to YY/WXL and that would send a message loud and clear, and it really hurts LYB in the balls, big time.

  6. #125
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is really a shame..Actually it's not only happening in WD... But also other category as well..

    I think the groupings in badminton competition did the 'damage'...

  7. #126
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    If this is a WC or SS events, LYB or CHN could not care less. OLY is a whole different animal. CHN wants those medals and every medal especially gold counts towards the total tally to top USA. Let's see if this Paisan Rangsikitpho chap really has the guts to do the right thing i.e. give a DQ to YY/WXL and that would send a message loud and clear, and it really hurts LYB in the balls, big time.
    Totally agree with you, Uncle....

  8. #127
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,919
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    in terms of actual offense, it is hard to say, i can find these:

    4.5 Failure to use best efforts
    Not using one’s best efforts to win a match


    5. PLAYER’S MAJOR OFFENCES
    5.1 Conduct contrary to the integrity of the game
    Engaging in conduct contrary to the integrity of the game of Badminton. If a player is convicted of
    serious violation of a criminal law of any country, the punishment for which includes possible
    imprisonment, that player may be deemed by virtue of such conviction to have engaged in conduct
    contrary to the integrity of the game of Badminton. In addition, if a player has at any time behaved
    in a manner severely damaging to the reputation of the sport, that player may be deemed by virtue
    of such behaviour to have engaged in conduct contrary to the integrity of the game of Badminton
    .

    what the BWF can do under the violation of the above, is also vague:

    2. APPLICABILITY
    2.1 This Code is applicable to all BWF-sanctioned tournaments and the players participating in them.
    2.2 All players, at all times, shall be subject to the Code and the Laws of Badminton. Each player who
    is entered or nominated to participate in an BWF-sanctioned tournament shall accept this Code, the
    Competition Regulations and the Laws of Badminton and then, in effect, is bound by them.
    2.3 Any player who commits any offence defined in Regulations 3 to 5 shall be deemed to have
    breached this Code. Breaches of the Code constitute the basis for disciplinary action against the
    player.

    but what constitute "disciplinary action"? is disqualification one of it?

    i am afraid it maybe the case that disqualification can only be done during the match and not afterwards. i might be wrong but the window might have closed.

  9. #128
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by georgsi_uk1 View Post
    Next round is Knock oput round and as the other pair has lost today's game, if this chinese pair wins this one, they will meet the second pair in their next game and so they wanted to avoid that..

    Koreans also wanted to throw the game because if they win, they will be meeting the second chinese pair which they wanted to avoid.. hence the whole drama..

    i think thats all about it.. Any other answers anyone ??
    Very well said... So this is the whole idea that need to be revised by BWF..

  10. #129
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    608
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    in terms of actual offense, it is hard to say, i can find these:
    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post

    4.5 Failure to use best efforts
    Not using one’s best efforts to win a match


    5. PLAYER’S MAJOR OFFENCES
    5.1 Conduct contrary to the integrity of the game
    Engaging in conduct contrary to the integrity of the game of Badminton. If a player is convicted of
    serious violation of a criminal law of any country, the punishment for which includes possible
    imprisonment, that player may be deemed by virtue of such conviction to have engaged in conduct
    contrary to the integrity of the game of Badminton. In addition, if a player has at any time behaved
    in a manner severely damaging to the reputation of the sport, that player may be deemed by virtue
    of such behaviour to have engaged in conduct contrary to the integrity of the game of Badminton
    .

    what the BWF can do under the violation of the above, is also vague:

    2. APPLICABILITY
    2.1 This Code is applicable to all BWF-sanctioned tournaments and the players participating in them.
    2.2 All players, at all times, shall be subject to the Code and the Laws of Badminton. Each player who
    is entered or nominated to participate in an BWF-sanctioned tournament shall accept this Code, the
    Competition Regulations and the Laws of Badminton and then, in effect, is bound by them.
    2.3 Any player who commits any offence defined in Regulations 3 to 5 shall be deemed to have
    breached this Code. Breaches of the Code constitute the basis for disciplinary action against the
    player.

    but what constitute "disciplinary action"? is disqualification one of it?

    i am afraid it maybe the case that disqualification can only be done during the match and not afterwards. i might be wrong but the window might have closed.


    Ok, that's one aspect. lol

    What about the responsible people from the BWF and IOC? I'd like to see them punished for doing damage to the Badminton sports by installing a shitty group system the players logically take advantage of. Is it possible to make them loose their job?

  11. #130
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eight women charged for "throwing" badminton matches
    By Ian Ransom
    LONDON (Reuters) - The World Badminton Federation charged eight female players with misconduct on Wednesday after four Olympic doubles teams had attempted to "throw" matches to secure a more favourable draw later in the tournament.
    China's Wang Xiaoli and Yu Yang play against South Korea's Jung Kyung-eun and Kim Ha-na during their women's doubles group play stage Group A badminton match during the London 2012 Olympic Games at the Wembley Arena July 31, 2012. REUTERS/Bazuki Muhammad

    "The pairs have been charged ... with 'not using one's best efforts to win a match' and 'conducting oneself in a manner that is clearly abusive or detrimental to the sport'," the federation said in a statement.
    The players involved in Tuesday's matches were China's world champions Wang Xiaoli and Yu Yang, Indonesia's Greysia Polii and Meiliana Jauhari and two South Korean pairs - Jung Kyung-eun and Kim Ha-na, and Ha Jung-eun and Kim Min Jung.
    Spectators at the Wembley Arena shouted abuse and jeered at the players amid farcical scenes as the teams deliberately sprayed shots and duffed serves into the net to concede points.
    "The Chinese sports delegation take the incident in the women's badminton doubles very seriously," state news agency Xinhua quoted an unnamed spokesman as saying.
    "After the delegation's leadership learnt about it, they immediately tasked the relevant people with an investigation. The Chinese Olympic Committee has always advocated the fostering of the Olympic spirit on the playing field as well as the spirit of fair and just competition.
    China "opposes any behaviour or acts which contravene this spirit or sports morality for any reason or in any form", the report added.
    South Korea head coach Sung Han-kook said his two pairings attempted to throw their matches against China's world champion duo and the Indonesians but added it was in retaliation against the Chinese team who instigated the situation.
    He said the Chinese deliberately tried to throw the first of the tainted matches to ensure their leading duo of Yu and Wang would not meet the country's number two pair until the gold medal decider.
    COMPLICATED THING
    "The Chinese started this. They did it first," Sung told reporters through an interpreter. "It's a complicated thing with the draws. They didn't want to meet each other in the semi-final.
    "So we did the same. We didn't want to play the South Korean team again (in the knockout stages)."
    Yu and Wang ended up losing to Jung and Kim 21-14 21-11 after a referee warned both teams they could be disqualified. The first game's longest rally contained four shots.
    Players were jeered as they left the arena, the result putting Yu and Wang on the other side of the draw to their compatriots.
    China's long-serving head coach Li Yongbo denied anything was amiss when cornered by Reuters at the venue.
    "This is nothing. It was just a game," said Li with a chuckle as he walked off, declining to comment further.
    Yu, who won doubles gold at the 2008 Beijing Games with partner Du Jing, said she and Wang eased off to conserve their strength for the later stages.
    "Actually these opponents were really strong. This is the first time we've played them and tomorrow it's the knockout rounds so we've already qualified and we wanted to have more energy for the knockout rounds," she told Reuters.
    FARCICAL SCENARIO
    Boos again rang out later in the evening session as the match between South Koreans Ha and Kim and Indonesians Polii and Jauhari repeated the same farcical scenario.
    With spectators yelling "get off", another referee emerged and waved a black card, indicating both teams were disqualified, prompting a roar of approval from the stands.
    However, the referee rescinded the decision moments later after coaches from both teams implored the contest be allowed to continue and Ha and Kim ended up as reluctant winners in three sets.
    Players and coaches of other teams expressed disdain and laid the blame on the Chinese camp.
    "It's because of those Chinese," a Taiwan team coach who declined to be identified told Reuters.
    Bulgarian singles player Alesia Zaitsave said China regularly manipulated results to avoid playing each other.
    "They did so many times last year, they did not play between each other like 20 matches. They do what they want," he said.
    Men's singles player Marc Zwiebler of Germany said South Koreans had manipulated matches in the 2008 Thomas Cup.
    "Against England they wanted to get second in their group so all the doubles players played singles and the singles players played doubles and they were just laughing on the court and let England win," Zwiebler said.
    "England finished top of the group and had to play a stronger team."
    China's head coach Li told one of his women's singles players to throw her semi-final at the 2004 Athens Games to allow team mate Zhang Ning to be fresher for the final against Dutchwoman Mia Audina.
    Zhang duly won the gold.
    "If it was the case they wanted to purposely lose, then it's a big shame ... it's absolutely stupid and shameful sport," Zwieber added.
    "I can understand the motives but that they have the guts to actually stand in a crowded hall and put such shame in the game, it's such a bad image for badminton."
    Organisers released the draw later on Tuesday, with all of the teams involved listed in the quarter-finals.
    The incidents generated heated debate in China on Wednesday with many taking to the popular micro blogging site Sina Weibo to slam their players.
    "They should be thrown out of the Olympics," wrote one user.
    However, some said they should be applauded for their cunning in trying to ensure golds for China.
    "The competition is not just about athletic prowess. It's also about whether you can use your wits," wrote another user.
    (Additional reporting by Ben Blanchard in Beijing; editing by Tony Jimenez)

    http://thestar.com.my/sports/olympics/story.aspx?file=/2012/8/1/olympics/2012-08-01T051053Z_6_BRE870041_RTROPTT_0_UK-OLY-BADM-BDWDOB-GROUP-CHARGE-DAY4&sec=Olympics&nc=1

    t
    his is such a hot issue now

  12. #131
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,919
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ton-Min-Bad View Post


    Ok, that's one aspect. lol

    What about the responsible people from the BWF and IOC? I'd like to see them punished for doing damage to the Badminton sports by installing a shitty group system the players logically take advantage of. Is it possible to make them loose their job?
    you expect then to punish themselves? that will never happen. i'd be surprise if they'd even admit that the group match idea is a really dumb idea.

  13. #132
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And the chinese team is investigating it now..
    Not sure LYB is in a state of happy or sad right now..

    Chinese investigate badminton "throwing" incident - Xinhua
    LONDON (Reuters) - The Chinese Olympics team is investigating the badminton "throwing" incident at the London Games, state news agency Xinhua quoted a spokesman as saying on Wednesday.
    Earlier, the World Badminton Federation charged eight players from China, South Korea and Indonesia with misconduct after each team in two women's Olympic doubles encounters tried to "throw" matches on Tuesday to secure a more favourable draw later on.
    "The pairs have been charged ... with 'not using one's best efforts to win a match' and 'conducting oneself in a manner that is clearly abusive or detrimental to the sport'," the federation said in a statement.

  14. #133
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Let's njoy oscar winning badminton drama match


    LYB is having the final laugh now

  15. #134
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,919
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    look like BWF use the following clause:

    4.16 Unsportsmanlike conduct
    Conducting oneself in a manner that is clearly abusive or detrimental to the sport

  16. #135
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,919
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    And the chinese team is investigating it now..
    Not sure LYB is in a state of happy or sad right now..

    Chinese investigate badminton "throwing" incident - Xinhua
    LONDON (Reuters) - The Chinese Olympics team is investigating the badminton "throwing" incident at the London Games, state news agency Xinhua quoted a spokesman as saying on Wednesday.
    Earlier, the World Badminton Federation charged eight players from China, South Korea and Indonesia with misconduct after each team in two women's Olympic doubles encounters tried to "throw" matches on Tuesday to secure a more favourable draw later on.
    "The pairs have been charged ... with 'not using one's best efforts to win a match' and 'conducting oneself in a manner that is clearly abusive or detrimental to the sport'," the federation said in a statement.
    is that just for show? i doubt there will be much of a proper investigation.

  17. #136
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i am using my BEST effort to win the gold. isn't it is all about?

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •