User Tag List

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    you expect then to punish themselves? that will never happen. i'd be surprise if they'd even admit that the group match idea is a really dumb idea.
    Right, and that exactly is the problem!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This late into the night meeting that this Paisan Rangsikitpho chap is hoisting to resolve this matter, I wonder if Li Ling Wei as a new IOC member would be attending. And what would she do as a voting IOC member? As a baddy legend herself, she knows LYB well enough and can clearly see the game as fixed...as opposed to the gang of 4 who saw otherwise
    Would Li concurred with LYB, no fix, it is a fair game played Or would she DQ the 8 girls and that may not go down well with LYB/CHN?
    I hope IOC is not wishy washy like BWF with no balls, IOC could very well kick baddy out of OLY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    This late into the night meeting that this Paisan Rangsikitpho chap is hoisting to resolve this matter, I wonder if Li Ling Wei as a new IOC member would be attending. And what would she do as a voting IOC member? As a baddy legend herself, she knows LYB well enough and can clearly see the game as fixed...as opposed to the gang of 4 who saw otherwise
    Would Li concurred with LYB, no fix, it is a fair game played Or would she DQ the 8 girls and that may not go down well with LYB/CHN?
    I hope IOC is not wishy washy like BWF with no balls, IOC could very well kick baddy out of OLY.
    we all know by now that the players will not be DQed...

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_dow...d=364322&tid=1
    Part III Section 1B appendix 5
    DECLARATION ON INTEGRITY OF MATCHES

Recognising that such gambling is outside the control of the BWF, but wishing to retain Badmintonís reputation for integrity, it is therefore recommended that severe penalties (possibly including exclusion from the sport for life) be applied to anyone, whether a player, or a court or team official, who influences (or attempts to influence) the normal outcome or progress of a match as determined by the skills and tactics of the players involved, typically but not always, for personal financial gain.

....and....

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_dow...d=364321&tid=1
    Part III Section 1B appendix 4

4.5 Failure to use best efforts
    Not using oneís best efforts to win a match.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IOC has no direct power on BWF. they will just defer the proper action to BWF.

Li Lingwei, btw, was part of the victim of the coup in the 90's that got herself and a bunch of coaches fired from the CBA. and the person behind it is LYB. if anything, she won't be on his side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no doubt the violation has been committed, the question is "will there any consequence punishment?". IMHO, the Chinese pair should be disqualified for so bluntly disrespect this sport and this disqualification will serve as a warning/guideline for all participants during the remaining of the tournament.
    If no punishment is issue then more OPEN cheating will occur in the future and only hurt this sport on the long run.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    i am using my BEST effort to win the gold. isn't it is all about?
    Ask Li Ling Wei being IOC member that question.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO there could be nothing more perverse as if the BWF even only thinks about disqualifying these players. The BWF installs a group system which allows players to take advantage of and later they blame the players for doing so. It's ridiculous!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by **KZ** View Post
    we all know by now that the players will not be DQed...
    Then the circus will go on, this time much open and bolder...CHN Boleh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    IOC has no direct power on BWF. they will just defer the proper action to BWF.

Li Lingwei, btw, was part of the victim of the coup in the 90's that got herself and a bunch of coaches fired from the CBA. and the person behind it is LYB. if anything, she won't be on his side.
    Then she should do the right thing...kicking LYB right at the balls will revenge all the past, give a Dairy Queen, err I mean DQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wont' it be interesting to do this kind of implementation ?

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...match-throwing.

Or at the least for the time being ALLOWing the Winner of the match (this particular match) to decide what they want to do with that POINTs, whether to take that or give-away.. So that KOREA can give away that point to CHN, and CHN will have to carry those points, thus will negate their effort (of loosing the game)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    I watched YY/WXL match against the KOR cuties, that match should be on U-Tube, the most laughable pro game played anywhere and YY/WXL tried their comical best to replay a missed serve or retrieve, looked up the lighting (okay, blame the Brits for that terrible lights design) and the CHN coaches actually came on at interval to 'coach', that is near Oscar performance...ROFLMAO
    I actually wonder what would Dr Kang (IOC boss) ask Miss Li Ling Wei who just joined IOC as a full member (Dr. Boss said Li is the best ambassador of badminton from CHN and Miss Li being CHN OLY council member and BWF council member), what Li think of the game.
    I can guarantee and bet my 2 bucks Miss Li would agree with the gang of 4 (i.e. OTB, TwoBeer, V1Lau, Kenjai7373 and counting my recruits...) that CHN does not fix match, we win them cleanly and that WD match was just a bad day at the office
    on the contrary Li Ning Wei will be fuming with the history between she and Li YB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ton-Min-Bad View Post
    IMO there could be nothing more perverse as if the BWF even only thinks about disqualifying these players. The BWF installs a group system which allows players to take advantage of and later they blame the players for doing so. It's ridiculous!
    Unless I read you right, are you saying these 8 girls are not doing what is contrary to OLY spirit and they are right to fix the match. If that is so, you are spot on and we would like to welcome you to our gang of 5.V1Lau, we have company, our gang is growing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now CY/FHF faces CB/GZ in QF, based on the poor records of CB/GZ against Boe/Mogensen, it was very likely that CB/GZ would have finished behind Boe/Mogensen. I wonder how come CY/FHF didn't try to lose a match on purpose to avoid facing CB/GZ in the QF. And I wonder if LYB dares to ask CB/GZ to give a walkover to CY/FHF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    Now CY/FHF faces CB/GZ in QF, based on the poor records of CB/GZ against Boe/Mogensen, it was very likely that CB/GZ would have finished between Boe/Mogensen. I wonder how come CY/FHF didn't try to lose a match on purpose to avoid facing CB/GZ in the QF.
    Because they know that CB/GZ would not get to the finals anyway

Better to give FHF/CY a sparring match than lose badly to another country

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    I hope both this China WD pair lost before medal round... they spoil the whole olympic
    no. we should let them all play on and get their medals.
    Two days later in a press conference to the world and taking the medals back, just like the durg cheats before them.

Therefore no medal for this version of Olympics and will be rubber stamped in history.

Years later when people look it up and the will find out the reason of no medal in 2012 WD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    on the contrary Li Ning Wei will be fuming with the history between she and Li YB
    Perfect opportunity for revenge and LLW can tell LYB who is boss...and what a timing, give a DQ and hide behind IOC closed door meeting saying it is council decision not hers. Also, this time when this incident blows up in CHN media that the DQ is for fixing match, there will always be people who support fixing (like the gang of 5 in this forum) but I like to see the majority of CHN population supporting and encouraging fix a match.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast