User Tag List

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by axl886 View Post
    Anybody has any links to the match? Or even highlights clip leading to that fateful retirement, would do...
    yea, I would like to request that video too. Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    yea, I would like to request that video too. Anyone?
    Yeah man... I have spent couple of hours searching for it on the internet but to no avail... if anyone has that video please share it....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    ya, I read. She was leading like 15-12. But I still think in the end Tine will prevail. Anyway, she was out now. This year edition of OG is really full of tragedy.
    no.. Sayaka leading at 10-14 when this accident happened (became 11-14 after that) that's 4 point differences
    IMO the damage started at point 7-14 when she fell for the first time
    the one at 10-14 was the prolonged effect of this first injury

P.S: anyone noticed that sayaka used dental braces?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I literally shed tears watching as i'm just recovering from a torn acl+pcl+mcl and dislocated knee ... Been on crutches for 10 months now and to watch something similar happen to someone else was just too much >_< I wish her all the best in her recovery and i hope it's not as bad as it looked!What's worse is the official olympics website says she's got a badly twisted ankle?? Slight difference there mate!http://www.london2012.com/news/artic...ul-exit.htmlPs. The clingfilm on the knee thing is new to me, really clever way to stop swelling and movement i guess...

Edit: just realised i might have been a bit of an idiot... Is there ice in the clingfilm??
    Last edited by Alcalol; 08-01-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    no.. Sayaka leading at 10-14 when this accident happened (became 11-14 after that) that's 4 point differences
    IMO the damage started at point 7-14 when she fell for the first time
    the one at 10-14 was the prolonged effect of this first injury

P.S: anyone noticed that sayaka used dental braces?
    thanks for the information. But, I really hope I can watch the video. And yes, she is using the dental braces for quite some time already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if you want to watch it
    edit: send me a pm
    P.S: there are a lot of noise in the video, it is from my laptop that on turbo mode
    Last edited by Avenger; 08-01-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    if you want to watch it
    edit: send me a pm
    P.S: there are a lot of noise in the video, it is from my laptop that on turbo mode
    thank you for the link! I appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

won't we have a NEW thread for the day-6 matches, Thursday, August 02, 2012?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    The stakes for winning Olympic gold are so high that everybody would do whatever it takes to win it. Who says the Olympic spirit is more about participation, winning isn't everything, really? Peace,peace.
    Baron Pierre de Coubertin, the gentleman who proposed the revival of the Olympic Games. Father of the Modern Olympics.

Your view that winning is everything already proves that Olympics has truly lost its original ideal and noble value.

You don't agree with him? Go ahead, wake him up and argue with him. He's sleeping in Lausanne right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mostl likely the Japanese WD can at least win a silver medal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Baron Pierre de Coubertin, the gentleman who proposed the revival of the Olympic Games. Father of the Modern Olympics.

Your view that winning is everything already proves that Olympics has truly lost its original ideal and noble value.

You don't agree with him? Go ahead, wake him up and argue with him. He's sleeping in Lausanne right now.
    You misunderstood me,of course, I agreed with Coubertin if you've read all my previous posts on this matter. It was a rhetorical question laced with sarcasm,irony,a sense of frustration or a sense of sardonic humour if you like.

It's my fault for not making myself clear but the word "really" at the end of it should have given you a clue. It's ok,no problem,let's not wake him up from his eternal R.I.P. - he knows what I mean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quick impressions on the afternoon & evening matches

..just a few thoughts on the following matches (afternoon & evening):

Afternoon session:
    - CSC vs. GJ - CSC was just too fast..I think she will give WYH a run for her money in the Semis.
    - WYH vs. BYJ - The tide turned when WYH started to attack BYJ's backhand side in the 2nd game and started to be more of an attacking player. BYJ slowly ran out of steam and in the latter half of the 3rd game, WYH really turned it up to finally dismantle the fatigue Korean.
    - RI vs. JS - The young THA girl took advantage of her youth despite making several errors. OTOH, JS just can't seem to shake off her error-prone game as RI just kept JS lunging all over the court.
    - WX vs. AF - AF just couldn't keep up with what WX offered..
    - LHI vs. JOJ - JOJ tried to keep it close in the 1st game, but LHI's steady play didn't allow JOJ much chance to force a 3rd game..
    - LCW vs. SS - SS looked very slow and seemed fatigue. A lot of errors from him as well..
    - JF & CP vs. SP & ST - The Danes were just too strong..They look solid all around and their SF match vs. the CHN pair could be explosive..
    - MJ & XC vs. NZ & RM - Arguably the best match of the day. The turning pt happened in the 3rd game when, if not mistaken, the Poles were leading 14-7 and RM served into the net, which in turn rallied the CHN pair to tie and eventually took over the lead. It was neck and nect til the end but a couple of errors cost the Poles the upset.

Evening session:
    - PG vs. SWH - Gade still as sharp and focused..
    - CL vs. WWK - WWK just made a bit more error depsite keeping it a close one in the 2nd game..
    - CJ vs. MZ - Arguably the most entertaining match of the night. Too bad we watched it a bit far but Zwiebler did his best but just couldn't keep up with CJ
    - KC vs. Sho Sasaki - Cordon kept it close in the 1st game, nearly won it. But his game got more error-prone esp. in the 2nd game.
    - SN vs. YJ - Yao Jie tried her best considering her physical state, but the much younger Saina was just too much.
    - The Russians vs. South Africans (WD) - Really wasn't a contest. It's just too bad for fans who were expecting a much better match.
    - RK & MF vs. KRJ & CP (WD) - The Danes kept it close in the 1st game, but the more stable JPN gals never lost focused & cruised to an easier 2nd game. I would assume the multi events by the Danish gals could be a factor..a lot of errors from them in the 2nd game.
    - Bruce & Li vs. NZ (WD) - Both pairs were about even. Only difference was the NZ made a bit more errors towards end of 3rd game. Their coach Ram(?) gave an appreciative gesture to a few CAN supporters in the stand right behind where he was sitting after the win.
    - CHN vs. CHN TPE (WD) - The younger CHN pair looked upset and seemed to take out whatever aggression they had in the 1st game. 2nd game was a bit closer, but the CHN pair never relented in their attacks. With the Danish pair out of the way, their SF match vs. the JPN should be a good one.
    - Sayaka Sato vs. Tine Baun - Only comment i can describe the match is it was really sad..And i nearly broke down after seeing Sayaka just fell to the floor after landing and trying to move again..i knew she was done after the large screen showed her crying on the floor. I could see her coaches were just asking Sayaka to call it off after she tried to play a few pts, but she just kept crying and crying throughout..Tine on the other side immediately rushed over to see what happened, even the Danish coaches were sitting there in disbelief. Just very unfortunate..
    *As i was watching Sayaka's movements on court on the large big screen, they also made me cringe a bit, as if she's about to possibly pull an injury..just her footwork and coverage..

*sigh* what can i say, 2 days of watching the matches and 2 different players succumbed to career threatening injuries~~i hope i'm not bringing any bad luck to any players whenever i go there & watch..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-02-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quick impressions on the afternoon & evening matches

..just a few thoughts on the following matches (afternoon & evening):

Afternoon session:
    - CSC vs. GJ - CSC was just too fast..I think she will give WYH a run for her money in the Semis.
    - WYH vs. BYJ - The tide turn when WYH started to attack BYJ's backhand side in the 2nd game and started to be more of an attacking player. BYJ slowly ran out of steam and in the latter half of the 3rd game, WYH really turned it up to finally dismantle the fatigue Korean.
    - RI vs. JS - The young THA girl took advantage of her youth despite making several errors. OTOH, JS just can't seem to shake off her error-prone game as RI just kept JS lunging all over the court.
    - WX vs. AF - AF just couldn't keep up with what WX offered..
    - LHI vs. JOJ - JOJ tried to keep it close in the 1st game, but LHI's steady play didn't allow JOJ much chance to force a 3rd game..
    - LCW vs. SS - SS looked very slow and seemed fatigue. A lot of errors from him as well..
    - JF & CP vs. SP & ST - The Danes were just too strong..They look solid all around and their SF match vs. the CHN pair could be explosive..
    - MJ & XC vs. NZ & RM - Arguably the best match of the day. The turning pt happen in the 3rd game when the Poles were leading 14-7 and RM served into the net, which in turn rallied the CHN pair to tie and eventually took over the lead. It was neck and nect til the end but a couple of errors cost the Poles the upset.

Evening session:
    - PG vs. SWH - Gade still as sharp and focused..
    - CL vs. WWK - WWK just made a bit more error depsite keeping it a game in the 2nd game..
    - CJ vs. MZ - Arguably the most entertaining match of the night. Zwiebler did his best but just couldn't keep up with CJ
    - KC vs. Sho Sasaki - Cordon kept it close in the 1st game, nearly won it. But his game got more error-prone esp. in the 2nd game.
    - SN vs. YJ - Yao Jie tried her best considering her physical state, but the much younger Saina was just too much.
    - The Russians vs. South Africans (WD) - Really wasn't a contest. It's just too bad for fans who were expecting a much better match.
    - RK & MF vs. KRJ & CP (WD) - The Danes kept it close in the 1st game, but the more stable JPN gals never lost focused & cruised to an easier 2nd game. I would assume the multi events by the Danish gals could be a factor..a lot of errors from them in the 2nd game.
    - Bruce & Li vs. NZ (WD) - Both pairs were about even. Only difference was the NZ made a bit more errors towards end of 3rd game.
    - CHN vs. CHN TPE (WD) - The younger CHN pair looked upset and seemed to take out whatever aggression they had in the 1st game. 2nd game was a bit closer, but the CHN pair never relented in their attacks. With the Danish pair out of the way, their SF match vs. the JPN should be a good one.
    - Sayaka Sato vs. Tine Baun - Only comment i can describe the match is it was really sad..And i nearly broke down after seeing Sayaka just fell to the floor after landing and..i knew she was done after the large screen showed her crying on the floor. I could see her coaches were just asking Sayaka to call it off after she tried to play a few pts, but she just kept crying and crying..Tine on the other side immediately rushed over to see what happened. Just horrible..
    *As i was watching Sayaka's movements on court on the large big screen, it also made me cringe a bit, as if she's about to possibly pull an injury..

*sigh* what can i say, 2 days of watching the matches and 2 different players succumbed to career threatening injuries~~i hope i'm not bringing any bad luck to any players whenever i go there..

14. Likes suetyan liked this post
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58