User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only way to deal with it would be disqualify all four pairs, but I'm sure the IOC and BWF are too afraid of China to do anything so dramatic (and logical).

The players should never have been put in that position though (they were probably under orders from the coaches). Football (soccer) tournaments are played the same way, but the last group matches always take place simulataneously so it's much harder to manipulate the results (because you won't know what you need to do beforehand).

I'm surprised the IOC hadn't expected something like this though. Given match fixing in the past, they should have known something like this could happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The korean-china match is a real farce. IOC should kick out ALL the china players to teach them a lesson. See this. Talk about sportsmanship in Olympics. Should allow only 1 player per event to get rid of this nonsense. Well done IOC and BWF! Shame on you. I've already said this much earlier.!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simonlovers View Post
    Breaking News
    All 4 WD are out from the WD competition

(source : hwangkwokhau)
    Tks
    You're joking surely?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dazzatron View Post
    I'm not condoning what they did, however they shouldn't have brought out the group stages and just simply had knockouts like before. Eithe that or have it so that no one but the tournament organisers can see who will play who in the knockouts after the group stage.

Its bad sportsmanship, but in the end, they're here to win a tournament, not here to pick daisys.
    So you mean, just because they can, they should do it?? Its akin to saying that a death caused due to road rage is the government's fault for building good roads and the car manufacturers fault for building high speed cars. If by chance there was a knife lying around somewhere, and the players take it n stab their opponents, will it then be the the organizers fault? What if they start hitting each other with rackets??

There will always be an opportunity to do bad! It is within you, whether you chose to commit a crime. Here these players committed a crime by 'murdering' badminton and they should be severely punished for bringing our beautiful game to such disrepute! No amount of finger pointing will justify their actions.

Pl stop blaming the organisers for a fault that clearly lies with the players and their respective coaches. For, we all know that even the knock out format can be and HAS BEEN abused before! BWF needs to grow a pair of nuts and do whats right here. Disqualify the players and penalize the respective badminton federation. There should be an official apology to the fans for this farce!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19079529

Earlier, London Games' organiser Locog confirmed it would not refund tickets for the badminton matches.
    this is so EMBARRASSING for badminton!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ALL 4 WD pairs are out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The issue has become the biggest scandal of the London Olympics.

Heads are likely to roll I am afraid, I am guessing Yu and Wang can no longer compete on international level from this point on. It may well spell the end for Li Yongbo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So now who is into quarters ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uselessmail View Post
    So you mean, just because they can, they should do it?? Its akin to saying that a death caused due to road rage is the government's fault for building good roads and the car manufacturers fault for building high speed cars. If by chance there was a knife lying around somewhere, and the players take it n stab their opponents, will it then be the the organizers fault? What if they start hitting each other with rackets??

There will always be an opportunity to do bad! It is within you, whether you chose to commit a crime. Here these players committed a crime by 'murdering' badminton and they should be severely punished for bringing our beautiful game to such disrepute! No amount of finger pointing will justify their actions.

Pl stop blaming the organisers for a fault that clearly lies with the players and their respective coaches. For, we all know that even the knock out format can be and HAS BEEN abused before! BWF needs to grow a pair of nuts and do whats right here. Disqualify the players and penalize the respective badminton federation. There should be an official apology to the fans for this farce!
    What you have said is completely invalid in this context.

You've compared doing something legal but immoral to something plain illegal and inhumanely immoral.

I stand by my point, im not condoning what they did, but they had good reason to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Four Women's Doubles Pairs Disqualified

13m ago

The four women's doubles pairs at the centre of the badminton match-fixing scandal have been disqualified.
    The top seeds from China, two pairs from South Korea and another from Indonesia deliberately conceded points in an apparent attempt to lose their matches and manipulate the quarter-final draw.
    All eight players had been charged by the Badminton World Federation/BWF with "not using one's best efforts to win a match" and "conducting oneself in a manner that is clearly abusive or detrimental to the sport".
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/lond...five-live-blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I applaud the guts that WBF just demonstrated in disqualifying all 4 pairs. About time.
    And I do hope that the China Olympic Council meant what it says in trying to get to the bottom of the scandal and take the necessary action to clean up their team management.
    Oner of the brightest day in world badminton!! Hurray!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1m ago

My colleague Peter Walker has just been speaking to Gayle Alleyne, a spokeswoman for the Badminton World Federation, at Wembley Arena.

She said the BWF could not comment on the reports that the four pairs of players – Yu Yang and Wang Xiaoli of China, Meiliana Juahari and Greysia Polii of Indonesia, and South Koreans Jung Kyung-eun and Kim Ha-na, and Jung-eun and Kim Min-jung – had now been disqualified from the Games. Alleyne said: "We cannot comment. The decision has not been made yet."

She refused to say who was making the decision or where, adding that all
    would be explained at a press conference soon. The BWF, which has been given jurisdiction over the case by the International Olympic Committee, has charged all eight players with trying to throw their
    games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by block306 View Post
    I applaud the guts that WBF just demonstrated in disqualifying all 4 pairs. About time.
    And I do hope that the China Olympic Council meant what it says in trying to get to the bottom of the scandal and take the necessary action to clean up their team management.
    Oner of the brightest day in world badminton!! Hurray!!
    I hope it will be a lesson to play future tournaments in a way, where you can't loose on purpose, either a simple KO, a group where only on advances, or maybe some kind of double-elimination.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dazzatron View Post
    What you have said is completely invalid in this context.

You've compared doing something legal but immoral to something plain illegal and inhumanely immoral.

I stand by my point, im not condoning what they did, but they had good reason to.
    Either way, my stand (rather the collective stand of the badminton world) has been vindicated! The offending players have been penalised and I can sleep a bit easier tonight knowing there is some justice still out there!

Cheers mate!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bold decision, but the correct one.

Good job BWF. A much better one than the 'skirts only' decision!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why I posted.. What's up with the round robin games.. I hope the olympic committee learned their lesson.. I posted, if you lose your out.. But Noooooo .. Lol If they only keep it simple and like the world's cup and all other major tournaments around the world.. Stupid thing too.. It's like their playing to qualify.. When they all ready did with points.. Just make the draws and eliminate as you play.. Geez..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast