User Tag List

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yu Yang again admitted they threw the match away. Enough already...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uniclone View Post
    Please take a look at the rankings. All because of one match? Who in the 1st place will group the top 2 in such they might end up on the same side of the draw? This is ridiculous. Such great players being maginalised.....By using a point system, which rule states that you cant take it easy? This all started from BWF, why change now? Looking at the field of players remaining... its a joke.
    The rule that says "not using one's best efforts to win a match". They weren't taking it easy, they were trying hard to lose in a blatant way. They were using best efforts to lose that particular match, not win it. Of course in BC we know this kinda thing have been happening for years but BWF did not take action.

With the President of IOC and the whole world watching the usually wimpy BWF had to take action. Or badminton will be out of the Olympics the next edition
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 08-01-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    Actually, it's already a done deal. There will be no Olympic badminton in Rio in 2014!

(sorry to be a pedanker )
    2014?

Can't be an Olympic year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    With the President of IOC and the whole world watching the usually wimpy BWF had to take action. Or badminton will be out of the Olympics the next edition
    My point is not to defend the players' action, and let them walk away without a scratch. My problem with the "solution", is that only the "lil guys" got push under the bus, while the "fat boss" acting like god to the public.

BWF (and IOC in a way) created the mess to begin with, where's the blame to themselves to begin with? Please do not give me the crap about, "oh, we thought the players should be perfectly honest to begin with..." Why there's a system, why there's regulation, because a successful system is there to prevent the likely negative outcome. If a committee or a system is set to collect free paycheck, and finger pointing due to poor leadership and planning, then, might as well get rid of the committee 1st...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yuyang wang xiao li and li yongbo admitted their mistake and apologies to badminton fans
    while korea wd get criticed by their own media,say it is a shame

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    yuyang wang xiao li and li yongbo admitted their mistake and apologies to badminton fans
    while korea wd get criticed by their own media,say it is a shame
    I am waiting for BWF's apology for their own share of the mess. But mostly it's a dream any way. The boss will never put himself under the bus, with the nameless "lil guys". :-(

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Olympics-Badminton-Federation throws out Indian protest

The Economic Times

LONDON: The World Badminton Federation (BWF) on Wednesday threw out a protest by India, who accused the Japanese women's doubles team of throwing a match against Taiwan at the London Olympics.

Japan's loss to the Taiwanese on Tuesday effectively eliminated India from the competition and Indian coach Pullela Gopichand said the defeat had been planned.

The loss resulted in Japan finishing second in their group, thereby avoiding a Chinese team in the next round.

The Indian protest came on the heels of a scandal that has rocked badminton to its
    core, with four women's doubles pairs - one Chinese, one Indonesian and two from
    South Korea - being disqualified from the Games for throwing matches in order to obtain a more favourable draw.

BWF Secretary General Thomas Lund said there were no grounds to take the Indian complaint against Japan's Mizuki Fujii and Reika Kakiiwa any further.

"There has been a complaint and that has been looked into by the referees' team. There's been no referees' report, no umpires' report whatsoever," Lund told a news
    conference.

"No grounds to take that further, so there's no disciplinary action."

Gopichand said the Japanese tactic had slipped under the radar because the match was low-profile compared to those involving China, South Korea and Indonesia.

"Just because it's subtle and the crowd didn't make a noise, the TV didn't make a noise, doesn't mean it didn't happen," he added. "To put it in perspective, the system is first at fault.

"The players will do whatever they can to win a medal, and if losing means a better draw they will do it. But the first blame lies on the system."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    Actually, it's already a done deal. There will be no Olympic badminton in Rio in 2014!

(sorry to be a pedanker )
    pls back up yr statement with proof!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why people keep bringing up the match-fixing? This match-throwing incident is totally different. I personally hate match-fixing for the 'greater good', but match-throwing in order to get a favorite schedule for their own benefit is in principle fine by me. They just did it way too disrespectfully, which did great damage to our beloved sport and left no choice to IOC and BWF. Disqualification is harsh, especially in the once-in-4-year Olympics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The BWF will be stupid if they drag JP into this mess. The quality of event is already going down to toilet, why even both to sub with another no name, as pissed off another OG giant (in performance, financial and political influence). Therefore, they will try absolutely best to protect the JP pair.

In another hand, CHN and KOR are the red-hot target by many western nations due to, you know, they are the legit competitor in medal tracker. Of course, they contribute into their own fault and got caught.

For INA, well, not a power house in OG (no real finance and political influence), no need to be protected like JP...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebro View Post
    Why people keep bringing up the match-fixing? This match-throwing incident is totally different. I personally hate match-fixing for the 'greater good', but match-throwing in order to get a favorite schedule for their own benefit is in principle fine by me. They just did it way too disrespectfully, which did great damage to our beloved sport and left no choice to IOC and BWF. Disqualification is harsh, especially in the once-in-4-year Olympics.
    Why? Because ppl are jealous, and love to stir the mud.

On ESPN, do you ever read 1 positive news about CHN, even though it's the current medal tracker leader (both Gold or total)? All I read is the DQ, doping (even though Ye passed her tests already) and child abuse (sad story for Wu Minxia). Come on, show a bit respect for the front runner. Yes, they may have a few dirt here or there, but it's everyone is not perfect to begin with.

On the other side, even when Phelps screwed up a few matches (physcial or mental mistakes), he still got painted as the hero. When gymnastics team and men basketball teams clearly performed below standard, they still have moral victory...

Come on guys, it's ok to take a side, but do not make it too obvious. It's way too obvious to me, as the same magnitude as the stupid DQ cases...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    2014?

Oops my bad! Badminton won't be staged in 2014 Olympics... it is not yet finalized for the official show in Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics
    Last edited by kelana; 08-02-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    The BWF will be stupid if they drag JP into this mess. The quality of event is already going down to toilet, why even both to sub with another no name, as pissed off another OG giant (in performance, financial and political influence). Therefore, they will try absolutely best to protect the JP pair.

In another hand, CHN and KOR are the red-hot target by many western nations due to, you know, they are the legit competitor in medal tracker. Of course, they contribute into their own fault and got caught.

For INA, well, not a power house in OG (no real finance and political influence), no need to be protected like JP...
    At this point I have to ask you if you've even actually seen the JP / TPE match? Because if you haven't you are just making stuff up at this point.

I haven't seen that match but I don't believe for a second that the BWF is afraid of Japan. In fact given what's been going on and the attention this is being given in the mainstream media I find it hard to believe that if a review of the match showed any possible manipulation by Japan the BWF wouldn't feel extreme pressure to act. Certainly more pressure than any pressure to appease Japan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    2014?

Ice badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong View Post
    Ice badminton.
    Apparently there was such a thing! I joke you not! It was played at the Leaf's Gardens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebro View Post
    I agree with you. After all, the motive is to win or go deeper into the tournament. The Japanese may or may not have deliberately thrown their match, but they are in the semis, and the Danes are not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xXazn_romeoXx View Post
    Apparently there was such a thing! I joke you not! It was played at the Leaf's Gardens
    Well then, what's stopping us? Let us have Olympics badminton every two years.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast