User Tag List

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong View Post
    I agree with you. After all, the motive is to win or go deeper into the tournament. The Japanese may or may not have deliberately thrown their match, but they are in the semis, and the Danes are not.
    Compare this to fixing matches after being bribed by bookies. It's a world of difference.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently, china didn't file their appeal while Korea actually did but was not entertained by BWF i think.. For team Ina, i read from reports that their appeal was rejected as well, but i read from somewhere in forum they actually didn't file their appeal as well..

Not surprised that china actually didn't file their appeal.. who is with me?
    They still have another wd pair which currently is a very strong contention for the gold medal

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    At this point I have to ask you if you've even actually seen the JP / TPE match? Because if you haven't you are just making stuff up at this point.

I haven't seen that match but I don't believe for a second that the BWF is afraid of Japan. In fact given what's been going on and the attention this is being given in the mainstream media I find it hard to believe that if a review of the match showed any possible manipulation by Japan the BWF wouldn't feel extreme pressure to act. Certainly more pressure than any pressure to appease Japan.
    I have seen Japs vs Taiwan match... their acting level is no where near Yuyang & frens...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yu Yang Quits badminton?

Just read in the Guardian that Yu Yang announced her retirement. Hope this not true.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...minton-olympic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ningtyas View Post
    Just read in the Guardian that Yu Yang announced her retirement. Hope this not true.
    heard that she got no backing from CBA, she is sading thus quiting baddie maybe into acting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    I have seen Japs vs Taiwan match... their acting level is no where near Yuyang & frens...
    The link of this match video please...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr.bulutangkis View Post
    The link of this match video please...
    i watched from TV... my internet snail speedo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ningtyas View Post
    thats sad.. i like the pairing of yuyang and wang xiaoli...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yayachico View Post
    thats sad.. i like the pairing of yuyang and wang xiaoli...
    so sad she is retiring, i am sure its good for her as she will always bear the burden of this scandal whenever she play professionally

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ice badminton.
    You've just concocted a fascinating new feather game Doc!

Badminton on ice during the Winter Olympics!

The court can be stretched much wider and longer. But the net height remains the same in order that we can still enjoy the jumping spinning smash.

Additional equipment needed - skates to replace rubber based shoes.
    Attire is entirely up to the creative juices but must at least measure up to those adorned by the other ice-skating fairies.

At long last the plastic bird becomes the official shuttlecock instead of feather that will melt and crack under the severe cold and liquified conditions.

A warning though: players must also be adept at ice skating and know when not to go over the speed limit. A crash into the net will be punished as per normal rules.

But another feather in BWF's cap apart from this recent match manipulation fiasco! For how many sports can you find in both the Summer and Winter Olympics? Hockey, what else?

Long live Ice Badminton!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    Actually, it's already a done deal. There will be no Olympic badminton in Rio in 2014!

(sorry to be a pedanker )
    There is no Olympic in 2014. There will be Olympic in 2016 at Rio, Brazil.
    I have just heard from Local radio station that badminton still registered for 2016 Olympic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ice badminton.
    I am a proponent for badminton (as well as indoor volleyball, among other sports) to be played during the winter olympics rather than summer. It seems to me that it would better match the seasonal peaking of the players' schedules, and it is a sport that can only be played indoors anyway (unless they want to introduce "beach badminton").

In addition, it would add interest in the winter games among the countries who currently have little to no interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a few seconds of video in the middle of this news report -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsjDEGPIIZo -- starting at about 35 seconds. (Also some less serious video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gm80vDa1C4 .)

I notice that British and American news broadcasts have only still photos of these matches, no video. I guess the IOC don't want it broadcast because of the embarrassment. But I think people would understand the decision better if they could see what actually happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. But I think the message "Aus rechtlichen Gründen ist der Zugriff auf das gewünschte Medium von einem Standort außerhalb Deutschlands leider nicht möglich" means that people outside Germany can't view the videos on that site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    heard that she got no backing from CBA, she is sading thus quiting baddie maybe into acting
    i'm agree with you. I think that she understood that she have been doing the perfect soldier for the dictatorial CBA and that she had been left alone when this hapenned..... More or less like Zhou Mi in 2004

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"... Li Yongbo, chief coach of the Chinese badminton team, said the poor behaviour of his players reflected the shortcomings of the new regulations in the sport. "I feel that no matter whether it is the rules or something else, that's no excuse," said Li.

"The key point is we did not behave professionally as athletes and did not treat each match seriously.

"We didn't strive with all our might in the Olympic way. From that point of view we really didn't grasp this point thoroughly ... as chief coach I really feel I must say sorry to fans and viewers nationwide," Li told Xinhua...."

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast