User Tag List

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heong View Post
    I just hate it because it's inconsistent

What can really be considered 'trying hard' or not
    In 2008 OG, nothing like this happened, China continued their foul play, Lin Dan's semi-final with Chen Jin was no different, no one was disqualified
    Never before has this happened in badminton has it? Stuff like this and match fixing has been going on for so many years now, and to suddenly make such a decision, imo, is too big a step
    Well, this 'big' step has to start sooner or later right? Yes, the competition format is flawed and BWF should take a stern action against match fixing and WOs looong ago, then maybe, just maybe this chaos could be prevented. But it was also silly for the players involved to do this stupid act during the Olympic, in front of the crowd.

And when I read Yu Yang's statement, "We want to conserve energy..." and the Korean side of the story 'they started it, so we did the same', I just couldnt believe it coz they just cemented the ugly fact that they deliberately trying to lose.

Anyways, we still dont know if all of them are really going to leave the tourney since they still can appeal. So, still have wait...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The appeal process is ongoing and a final decision pending. The BWF will hold a Press conference later today following the final decision."

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=65297

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should disqualify and the other pair from china, if they did not lose from danish pair, all of these will not happend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys. Do any of you have the link to video of china vs. korea women doubles game?

I really, really think the way badminton draws being done should have been conducted by way of champion leagues. Re-draw for the knock-out round. So they will not know who will be their opponent next.

This try-to-lose-for-selfish-reason has been continuing for so long and let's face it, that was sick. Though I suspect kkk-tbh might have done the same to meet the thais in quarter. (did not watch, just assuming)
    Last edited by koo_fan; 08-01-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: china, not indo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    Hey guys. Do any of you have the link to video of indo vs. korea women doubles game?

I really, really think the way badminton draws being done should have been conducted by way of champion leagues. Re-draw for the knock-out round. So they will not know who will be their opponent next.

This try-to-lose-for-selfish-reason has been continuing for so long and let's face it, that was sick. Though I suspect kkk-tbh might have done the same to meet the thais in quarter. (did not watch, just assuming)
    Even if there is a re-draw, still the Chinese and Korean didn't need to play seriously because they are in the knock out round already. The simpliest way is only let the top 1 team advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny they decide to take action now during the Olympics when China's been doing it for the past 10 years.............
    The reason it happened now is because the action was taken by a real sporting administration (IOC) and not the Micky Mouse BWF who have failed to act. Thanks to their incompetence in dealing with this Badminton has received another black eye and this time on the world stage.

Also if you think there is no rule against match fixing in the the Olympics (or many real sports for that matter) you are ignorant on the topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stefanosx View Post
    They should disqualify and the other pair from china, if they did not lose from danish pair, all of these will not happend
    They should DQ the danish pair for pulling such an upset! How dare they win and upset the match order and seedings/format! LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    will LYB be fired?
    My guess is no. Reasons are:

1. Tian/Zhao can still win a gold medal in WD.
    2. Other categories are doing well and have great chances of winning gold medals too.
    3. He can always say he never told the players to throw the game away. The players just choose to make this decisoin themselves and he has no control over it (nobody may believe this, but where is the proof that it was LYB who told them to throw the game away?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Stefanosx: that is ridiculous. The Danes were better.

@ Those who think this is unfair: Yes, the lines are blurry but it was the right thing to do. I believe that all of this is a joke if you start to lose on purpose. It's not about whether the rules state this or not, it's about ethics. Every sport has its own ethics. Without this we would all be f@cking savages trying to club your opponent to death after losing a match.

Also, GG @ calling the other countries Tier2. Every country can become so called T1. It's like empires: they come and go. From time to time some rise and stay exceptionally long, but eventually someone will take over the crown. Look at how the Russians are working hard to get back, how Carolina Marin and Viktor Axselsen are performing at their age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha i honestly like the hate toward China here lol. Everyone using "sportsmanship" as an great excuse. I don't see anything wrong with what the Chinese pair has done. They just wanted to increase chances in getting medals. Avoiding their other teammates helps. Reserving energy helps AND they are already qualified. Whats the big deal? Everyone plays to win and if you have any issue with that, complain to the system. By having group stage only "supports" that kind of match fixing. Given the same circumstance, i would have done the same whereas many of you would still go like "oh its wrong" since you are all saints. This Olympic already has no sportsmanship after South Korea got stolen of a chance in the finals in fencing. This olympic will be memorable in a negative way. Anyway i know by expressing my point and going against many of bcers i will get bashed here lol. Feel free as i could careless =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IOC should kick BWF or badminton out of olympics. Ban them for 2 olympics. Shame shame on BWF.

Maybe Lin dan will testify against LYB after the OG? kekeke..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes both qualified to next round. but most of the times, they(china mostly) are doing that to avoid meeting their 'friends' in the next round. aren't they.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh mine. AFP, AP and Reuters are reporting this incident. This is a disgrace to badminton.

http://2012.sina.com.cn/cn/bd/2012-0...13932535.shtml

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baddyl0ver View Post
    Hahaha i honestly like the hate toward China here lol. Everyone using "sportsmanship" as an great excuse. I don't see anything wrong with what the Chinese pair has done. They just wanted to increase chances in getting medals. Avoiding their other teammates helps. Reserving energy helps AND they are already qualified. Whats the big deal? Everyone plays to win and if you have any issue with that, complain to the system. By having group stage only "supports" that kind of match fixing. Given the same circumstance, i would have done the same whereas many of you would still go like "oh its wrong" since you are all saints. This Olympic already has no sportsmanship after South Korea got stolen of a chance in the finals in fencing. This olympic will be memorable in a negative way. Anyway i know by expressing my point and going against many of bcers i will get bashed here lol. Feel free as i could careless =)
    I agree with you here. The system is definitely the wrong party here, and not the players. Therefore, you should fix the system and people who run the system, not players who play under the system. There's lots of hate to China, individually, even though Korea and Indonesia are involved. Either the guise is "sportsmanship" or something else, it's because China wins too much, and it's not fair. I think life isn't fair. It's too bad, but someone in this world is always better than you. If the "sportsmanship" is that important, why don't be ban players for stall tactics, screaming after points and towel downs? I just don't see physically how it harms to let the other team win, especially when you have nothing to lose. Ethically, yes, but systems aren't perfectly ethical either. Why should lower seeded teams face top seeded teams first? Ethically, they should have a fair shot at winning the Gold medal too. Why don't they face teams of their calibre and then up? Or have the top seeded teams start with a negative point total. That would be ethically correct because top teams "smoke and destroy" low teams. Then it's all fair. I know I'm going far with this, but that's because this IS THAT silly. People need to know it's BWF's fault, and that changes must be made.

By the way, I can bet you that none of this "pretending to try, and try to lose" stuff will happen from here on out until the end of the Olympics. Why? You think it's because they sent a message? No. It's because now they actually ARE playing for a medal. You lose, you go home. Knock-out style. Which is EXACTLY the way they should've started in the first place. Disappointing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hate it because it's inconsistent

What can really be considered 'trying hard' or not

In 2008 OG, nothing like this happened, China continued their foul play, Lin Dan's semi-final with Chen Jin was no different, no one was disqualified

Never before has this happened in badminton has it? Stuff like this and match fixing has been going on for so many years now, and to suddenly make such a decision, imo, is too big a step
    Err...........are you saying that stuff that's not correct shouldn't be corrected?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This case was pretty easy to have identified that they were playing to lose but is acting to play a difficult thing? I mean what do you do when players act to be playing, how can you determine if a player is acting or really having a bad day? how about walkovers? So will your rules not be inconsistent then?

I wish the rules to be consistent and fair so that it doesnt creates any chaos... & then may be within the rules whatever you do is fair

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think IOC should initiate disciplinary proceedings against BWF.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast