User Tag List

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Staiger1 View Post
    No offense to those pairs who got given the place in QF , apart from not winning a match at all, their standard is as bad as those when both S.korean and China trying to loss the match ,,,,,, so it just ruin the whole competition, and they will be in the semi final out of nothing since they are playing against each other in the QF,

(they bloody hit their serve and return into the net anyway even if they try their hardest)

The only decent match with top quality badminton and competitiveness will be in the final

They should have just skipped the QF and straight in to SF with the 4 remaining pair
    Won't one of the 4 given a spot in the QF play in the Final since they are on the bottom half of the bracket? If so, this tournament just went to ****.......if they wanted to see competitive badminton.......i'm sure they won't find it in the finals this year. They should have at least reseeded the quarterfinals, its not exactly fair right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offense to those pairs who got given the place in QF , apart from not winning a match at all, their standard is as bad as those when both S.korean and China trying to loss the match ,,,,,, so it just ruin the whole competition, and they will be in the semi final out of nothing since they are playing against each other in the QF,

(they bloody hit their serve and return into the net anyway even if they try their hardest)

The only decent match with top quality badminton and competitiveness will be in the final

They should have just skipped the QF and straight in to SF with the 4 remaining pair
    I could not agree more. Double thumbs up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it is ok for a player who have won game 1 to 'take a breather' (meaning not playing maximum) in game 2, then play maximum again in game 3.... then....

It is ok for one of those WD pair who have qualified to play in the quarterfinals, to not play to their maximum ability in one match that will not affect their eligibility to play in the quarterfinals... just for the simple reason of 'conserving energy' for the next challenge...

I conserve energy all the time in game 2 [after I have won game 1] since I'm not very fit... I will give it all in game 3........ should I be disqualified for 'not playing to the maximum of my ability' in game 2?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if yu/wang, and the other korean pair played, the games would have been decent. right now, the games are ****. only gonna try and find the aussie one to watch cuz im aussie, but besides that, im only gonna look for tian/zaho.

morally and ethically, yea its ****. but basing it on skill and technique, the games would have been much more interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess you didn't watch the group games then? Didn't see Graysia/Poli only just scrape by in the third game against the Aus pair of Veeran/Choo.

What you've written is pathetic nonsense and is in fact very disrespectful...

6. Likes Vomit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

from Yu Yang's blog:

新浪体育讯 世界羽联的处罚犹如一记晴空霹雳,中国金牌组合于洋/王晓理被剥夺了继续参加女双赛事的资格,这让身为当事人的于洋情绪十分的低落。
      而对于世界羽联的这一次判罚,于洋给出回应,他表示这是自己的最后一次比赛,并表示即将告别世界羽联和 自己挚爱的羽毛球,于洋坚持表示:我们只是受伤,选择利用规则放弃比赛是为了淘汰赛。并反问世界羽联: 运动员的伤病你们懂吗?辛苦的带着伤病备战了四年说取消就取消我们的参赛资格。你们无情的打碎了我们的梦 想。

rough translation of what she said:

"we are throwing away group match to prepare for the elimination due to injury." to ask BWF: "do you understand player's injuries? we carry injuries to play badminton for 4 yrs. now you simply just disqualified us. your heartlessness shattered our dreams"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg Korean Pairs are soo stupid HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHA

once they noticed that the chinese WANTED to lose, and the chinese WERE BEHIND in score, they shouldve have immedialtely STOPPED their intention to lose as well, and start playing seriously , because THEN, the score would be like 21-0 or 21-1 and the korean would NEVER have been disqualified....
    As far as the second Korean WD is concerned, they KNEW EXACTLY which outcome would result in which QF-Matchup, as it was THE LAST WD MATCH of the match. They shoould have KNOWN, that only IF THEY WIN, they would AVOID an all Korean quaterfinal
    IF THEY HAD LOST ( They WANTED to lose, why they wanted to lose is beyond me.. )
    They match up would have looked like that :

Name:  QF2.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  41.2 KB

Korean Players are SOOOOOO stupid , can someone tell me why they tried to force a Korea vs Korea QF ???

the only thing they do since they were born is train, resulting in a lack of brain.
    if they hadnt tried to lose, BOTH PAIRS would have been still in the competition + The hot Favourite and biggest threak Yu/wang wouldve been disqualified.......

Koreans DESERVE TO BE DISQUALIFIED DUE TO STUPDITY
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dthser; 08-01-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Attached image at the end shows the orginal QF match-up
    Last edited by dthser; 08-01-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpoirot View Post
    Badminton in jeopardy to appear in next OLympic. Though its far from big scandal like doping in athletics did. But athletics is very very famous sport where badminton is not.
    I think with its prompt and strict action, BWF has prevented badminton from being eliminated from the next Olympics.

If BWF had kept quiet and allowed this fiasco to happen unpunished, the matter may be brought up to the attention of the IOC later. Then BWF will be hard pressed to provide a good answer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Krisna, I think the WBF/IOC is concerned about its image. Fans were not happy and news of the match throwing was hitting news everywhere. They realised that they royally messed up the setup of the tournament and deflected the heat towards the players by DQing them. Its not about their image or fans, its about the athletes who wait 4 years for this opportunity. The Olympics is becoming too corporate and money driven, its disgusting.

In my opinion, the olympics are to showcase the best talent. You can argue that the 4 teams didn't, but now that you DQ them, we now have a bunch of noobs (great players compared to you and I, but lets face it, noobs compared to the top players) in the most important part of the tourny. Who cares about round robin....no one.
    Last edited by andrewtam; 08-01-2012 at 12:25 PM.

12. Likes xXazn_romeoXx, radeonxt, bad's fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xXazn_romeoXx View Post
    I agree that this is too far. First off, you're technically doing the ethical thing, and DQing the pairs are justified for the lack of show for the fans. However, what you also are doing, is taking the show away from those same fans that paid to watch the "more exciting" and "more meaningful" quarterfinals-semifinals and finals. Now, instead of superstars, they can watch Tier 2 countries go at it. How is that for ironic?

I'm not defending their actions, but objectively, the way I see it, they did nothing wrong. It was well within their rights to play however they want. And please don't confuse this with match-fixing. There was no "fix". No one was predestined to win, and the other to lose. They BOTH wanted to lose. Besides, neither of the matches were between the same country's players, so why even bring up CHN vs CHN? It has nothing to do with this. They are both related in terms of sullying the good name of sportsmanship and competition. So yes, they are wrong in that sense. But you've never said no one could "not play hard" before. So why do it now? Why not charge Lin Dan, Taufik, Lee Choong Wei and other top players for their "first round farces" when they deliberately not try hard in a game? You know as well as I do that it won't happen. They won like they should have. So why take action now? Maybe YY/WXL etc would prevail and keep the seedings correct. You just don't have the right placing in your draw. I just think these 4 are scapegoats from BWF (big brother)'s blunder. BWF picked group play from nowhere, so BWF is to blame.

Well said, I did not like this round robin group play at all. If thay want more counties to participate make a bigger draw of 32 instead of 16 pairs for doubles. Singles was even worst (groups of 2 and 3). Whay give top seeds less matches or in other words more rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dthser View Post

once they noticed that the chinese WANTED to lose, and the chinese WERE BEHIND in score, they shouldve have immedialtely STOPPED their intention to lose as well, and start playing seriously , because THEN, the score would be like 21-0 or 21-1 and the korean would NEVER have been disqualified....
    As far as the second Korean WD is concerned, they KNEW EXACTLY which outcome would result in which QF-Matchup, as it was THE LAST WD MATCH of the match. They shoould have KNOWN, that only IF THEY WIN, they would AVOID an all Korean quaterfinal
    IF THEY HAD LOST ( They WANTED to lose, why they wanted to lose is beyond me.. )

Korean Players are SOOOOOO stupid , can someone tell me why they tried to force a Korea vs Korea QF ???

the only thing they do since they were born is train, resulting in a lack of brain.
    if they hadnt tried to lose, BOTH PAIRS would have been still in the competition + The hot Favourite and biggest threak Yu/wang wouldve been disqualified.......

You can call Koreans whatever names, but stupid is not what they are.
    Ha/Kim are the genuine medal contenders between the two Korean pairs. It makes sense to avoid the gold-medal favourites Wang/Yu.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dthser View Post

if they play each other, they are guaranteed a spot in semifinal.

if they get split up, their stronger pair of Ha/Kim against YY/WXL is almost guaranteed to lose, and the other pair Kim/Jung only have 50/50 chance. maybe slightly more, but not guaranteed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

China has been doing this for years, due to an embarrassment of riches in the form of having many high ranked players. Well, well, well...
    Earlier we had qualify and disqualify. Now we may have requalify.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm asking me what will be the attitude of LD and CJ if they meet win semis and LCW is in final. Wille they do the same opera as in 2008?

And the same fore WX and XL if WY doesn't reach the final in WS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how they perform won't make big difference through i think, for some of you guys already sure they are fixed, aren't you? so let's just face it when it really comes.
    Last edited by bad's fan; 08-01-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    You got a good point there... The best of 3 system gives you an incentive mechanism to use game 2 as a breather...

BWF [validated by the IOC] created a tournament system that gives an incentive system for the WD competitors to 'rest' after they have qualified to the QF... so, why not use it. It is legal...

According to the 'rules' even when you're one game down and 20-5 down in the second you should still bust your gut , risk injures , run around the court to try to win the game and match.

RIGHT!

20. Likes bad's fan liked this post
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast