User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kermitvselmo View Post
    Olympics is obviously different from BWF World Championship.

Calm down man, you are 34 years old yet so childish. Why don't you spend more time outside, socializing with real people rather than trolling in online forum. You uselessly direct your anger here, which sounds stupid. Why not contact BWF or IOC presidents directly and bark at them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebs View Post
    Sorry who was killed here, was that no one? Then I do believe you are choosing invalid examples, an extension of Godwin's law in internet debates. Look it up, you're the perfect example of a troll.
    Why do people in forums always have to label people they do not agree with as being trolls?? Is it a sign of immaturity?
    Last edited by twobeer; 08-01-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Why do people in forums always have to label people they do not agree with as being trolls?? Is it a sign of immaturity?
    Stop your immature trolling

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    the schedules is here:

http://www.london2012.com/badminton/event/women-doubles/index.html

very obvious they schedule the top 2 pairs on the last day.
    Same as the Super Series Final but also Group B and D hadn't been decided yet before the last group matches. Does it make any difference if Juhl/Pedersen had beaten Tian/Zhou in the second match instead of the third? Wang/Yu would still have to find a way to not win ... only so Tian/Zhou could still play for the silver not because it mattered for their gold medal chances ... imo.
    As far as the IOC's involvement I read the re-scheduling was done because the original draw had not taken into account for the group top seeds to play the bottom seeds first, with that apparently being an IOC requirement. Notice from the beach volleyball though they do have no.1 vs no.2 as the second match ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    Er... are you serious? I'm going to go with the burglar as the party to blame. But let me ask your question another way. If you walk past someone without keeping your hands up and they drill you in the head are you to blame for not protecting yourself or are they to blame for taking advantage of your carelessness?

Oh crap, you where serious. I take it you walk around town with your hands in a guard position then?
    Ok maybe this buglary model isn't such an ideal example. Take for instance the law as an example. If there are loopholes, there will be abuses. What more, when the players play to win at all cost. Even the law needs to be refined and retuned from time to time to repel mischievous 'loopholing'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's against the law to urinate in public. Yet, there have been times when there has been no WC available and I really had to go. I found a bush or somewhere else out of the public eye and did my business. Not with in the rule of law but like the Chinese women I had a hard choice to make either break the local ordinance or pee my pants. Also not something that's likely to cause any outcry on the part of officialdom or my fellow citizens.

Now if you want to extend this analogy to what these ladies did. I would have to walk up to the nearest police officer in Trafalgar Square unzip and proceed to pee on his leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    It's against the law to urinate in public. Yet, there have been times when there has been no WC available and I really had to go. I found a bush or somewhere else out of the public eye and did my business. Not with in the rule of law but like the Chinese women I had a hard choice to make either break the local ordinance or pee my pants. Also not something that's likely to cause any outcry on the part of officialdom or my fellow citizens.

Now if you want to extend this analogy to what these ladies did. I would have to walk up to the nearest police officer in Trafalgar Square unzip and proceed to pee on his leg.
    But it also has to imply that you had nowhere else to urinate first. =] I'm satisfied with that analogy given that you had no other option but to plainly pee all over the poor officer xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bifo the monkey View Post
    This system is not to blame. China have always match fixed to give other players better draws. Lin dan has given chen jin at least 2 walk overs to let him win a tournament to get more ranking points. There was also the olympics where LYB told one of the chinese players not to fight back if she lost the 1st end to another chinese player. Whatever happened they would cheat.

If anything this was a god send, it finally showed china cheating with proof, they usually retire injured or pull out which they couldn't here otherwise they lose the whole tournament. so what they do is try to lose on purpose and revealed what they are really like.

This system is much better, more matches get played, it gives other nations more of a chance and makes players play better when they are already one match down. Anyone else that says its to blame, tennis uses this system in the masters finals tournament and there has never been any match fixing there.
    i totally agreed with bifo. This will give a tough wake up call to the LYB who keep encouraging match fixing among the Chinese players to their advantage(which is bad to the sport)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sagoh View Post
    i totally agreed with bifo. This will give a tough wake up call to the LYB who keep encouraging match fixing among the Chinese players to their advantage(which is bad to the sport)
    So, are you saying that we sacrifies better players like WSX, CY, XXF, XXZ, etc are good? So, the players like WSX does not deserve to cash her dream? If they feel like they got robbed to begin with, they can not even try to play the gray area to survive with what were left for them?

2 days ago, when Jordyn Wieber got eliminated from the gymnastics all around (at the same time, RUS, ENG, CHN also lost their 3rd best due to the same rule), there's an outcry in the media main stream. The coach publicly calling the "limited entries" "ridiculous", and many so call fans threaten to protest to force the FIG to fix the rule.

So, 2 days later, the 8 players try to boost up their own chances, and see what the out come is...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Because thieves always trying to calling others thieves first. :-D

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all players should be kept in a dark room before all the games finish with no contact with outside world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    When you are on the receiving end of common wealth, you surely think the system is good.

Tell me how about player like WSX, XXF, XXZ, CY think, when they are top 10 or even top 5 players, but missed the Olympics. Do they love the system like you claimed? They got 00000000 match to play. They can only watch TV at home, with tears running down. They can only think their top 5 ranking is sh*t, when 100+ ranking players are dancing on the big stage.

To me, eliminate top 5 or top 10, but welcome 100+ is the biggest cheat to begin with. Anything afterward is more "blood for blood" or "self defense". :-D
    Hey... This is Olympic, a world stage not China Super Series/ Grand Prix or League.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    So, are you saying that we sacrifies better players like WSX, CY, XXF, XXZ, etc are good? So, the players like WSX does not deserve to cash her dream? If they feel like they got robbed to begin with, they can not even try to play the gray area to survive with what were left for them?

2 days ago, when Jordyn Wieber got eliminated from the gymnastics all around (at the same time, RUS, ENG, CHN also lost their 3rd best due to the same rule), there's an outcry in the media main stream. The coach publicly calling the "limited entries" "ridiculous", and many so call fans threaten to protest to force the FIG to fix the rule.

So, 2 days later, the 8 players try to boost up their own chances, and see what the out come is...
    every sports are doing this, to limit participants from each country... China are lucky BWF allowed 3 players in MS & WS... in other sport max 2 only.. some only 1 per sport

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indrg View Post
    Hey... This is Olympic, a world stage not China Super Series/ Grand Prix or League.
    Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    every sports are doing this, to limit participants from each country... China are lucky BWF allowed 3 players in MS & WS... in other sport max 2 only.. some only 1 per sport
    Ok, yeah, they should understand the situation, and yeah, CHN's other events (say men's basketball, quite some T&F, etc) did receive benefit at the cost of others.

However, whatever men's basketball benefit or not, has nothing to do with Yu/Wang or LYB's career. If Yu/Wang fight to death, and lost the Gold or Silver or Bronze, or all, do you think the angry fans will accept their reason of "at least, we spread out the common wealth, and our basketball team gets to play..." Well, good luck the general public can be that understandable, and not throw LYB or Yu/Wang, etc under the bus, of course for a totally different reason...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re the scheduling, from what i was told from one of the BCers who is helping out w/BWF, it was a "mess" from the very beginning..in other words, BWF never really thought about the draw & the effects the schedule will have..thus the last minute re-scheduling of matches, prior to the start of the matches, which infuriated quite a bit of players..
    I think BWF will definitely revisit this idea of group play format again..

As for the group play format itself, imo, BWF should've done a dry-run at last yr's WC; just in case they need to tinker or do away with any kinks..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-02-2012 at 06:32 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    Re the scheduling, from what i was told from one of the BCers who is helping out w/BWF, it was a "mess" from the very beginning..in other words, BWF never really thought about the draw & the effects the schedule will have..thus the last minute re-scheduling of matches, prior to the start of the matches, which infuriated quite a bit of players..
    I think BWF will definitely revisit this idea of group play format again..

As for the group play format itself, imo, BWF should've done a dry-run at last yr's WC; just in case they need to tinker or do away with any kinks..
    they did a dry run at 2011 SS Finals with this round robin format. But obviously they didn't have as well players and countries back then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say using the analogy of burglars is harsh, how about if like this, you live in a hostel and you put orange juice in a common kitchen without writing that it is yours.

If a person drink it, thinking that it is to be shared, then the blame is on both on the person who drink it and you.

This case is like another people saw the person who drink it and warn the person and that person still drinks it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm having trouble seeing why people need an analogy for this.

Let's say you go to the Olympics and you decide to cheat. You think it's ok because you do it all the time and the organisation responsible for your sport has never cracked down on it before. While you are cheating the officials come up to you and say "hey look, cut this out, we are in public now we'll be forced to act if you do this here. We're not kidding"

See no analogy needed it really isn't that complicated is it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast