User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    2 days ago, when Jordyn Wieber got eliminated from the gymnastics all around (at the same time, RUS, ENG, CHN also lost their 3rd best due to the same rule), there's an outcry in the media main stream. The coach publicly calling the "limited entries" "ridiculous", and many so call fans threaten to protest to force the FIG to fix the rule.
    I wouldn't compare gymnastics with badminton, mainly because in gymnastics, a single mistake usually equals losing and it really doesn't take much to screw up, so it would make sense to have multiple entries for one country. Whereas in badminton, you're allowed to make a lot of mistakes and still win if you're the better player on the court that given day.
    Last edited by blableblibloblu; 08-02-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    I'm having trouble seeing why people need an analogy for this.

Let's say you go to the Olympics and you decide to cheat. You think it's ok because you do it all the time and the organisation responsible for your sport has never cracked down on it before. While you are cheating the officials come up to you and say "hey look, cut this out, we are in public now we'll be forced to act if you do this here. We're not kidding"

See no analogy needed it really isn't that complicated is it?
    You have rather eloquently expressed the reasonable opinion that has already been ignored, unfortunately I have little faith that opinions will be changed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the point about the poor scheduling. One of the advantages of round robin play is that you can schedule matches between top competitors early on in the competitions in an effort to draw in viewers. Match throwing might still occur later in the round robin, but it at least avoids the embarrassing situation of having both teams trying to throw the same match.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who decides the schedule?

referee? organizers? BWF officials?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the biggest culprit in terms of scheduling is the order of play, why there is such a gap between match in group d to match on the other group? why not for example like football play simultaneously, afterall they have 3 courts on the stadium

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think beside the schedule the weather are also to be blame...And also lot of others things

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3